No announcement yet.

Tiger's Last Roar - Cheltenham 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah well. Very, very Happy for Rachel Blackmore. If SPOTY was judged over 2 years. Not that she needs SPOTY to prism her glory.

Comment

I believe my namesake was the last jockey to do the Gold Cup/National double in a calendar year (2002), so that's about her last world to conquer, as was said of Alexander.

Comment

I enjoyed the last day even if I didn't win any races. I had Ginto in one of my races who didn't just fall but died or was destroyed. It's times like this I think about the jockey, stable staff and everyone else who looks after these wonderful racehorses.

Comment

I didn't get to the bookies today (quitting while I'm ahead being modestly up on the week), but that was a magnificent run from Blackmore, the way she just found a slender gap from midfield and cruised through it. I often enjoy a big race more when I've not got money on it

Comment

I wondered what happened with Ginto. They seemed to get held up at a fence when another horse fell, and looked to be doing well. Then they just slowed to a halt miles from any fence.

The poor thing.

Comment

It happened in front of us on Tuesday to Shallwehaveonemore and it was pretty upsetting, although the racecourse workers are very quick with the screens nowadays and the team of vets was there swiftly and worked on him for nearly half an hour before deciding nothing could be done. As you said it must be gut-wrenching for the stable lads and lasses, a lot of whom are very young and have to take an empty horsebox home and move on to look after another animal tomorrow.

(Please note I would not like to have a debate about horse welfare. We've done it before and it won't achieve anything).

Comment

Rachael Blackmore is masterful, her ride on A Plus Tard was brilliant, the one on Honeysuckle just as good.

My pre-festival suggestion that Davy Russell was worth backing for a stack of winners proved wholly incorrect. 0 winners. And his boss Elliott didn't do much better.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                  (Please note I would not like to have a debate about horse welfare. We've done it before and it won't achieve anything).
                  I won't derail this thread by insisting on a dicussion, but if you preempt any discussion by saying debate won't achieve anything, then what's the point of debate? I don't have any fixed or entrenched ideas about the whole issue of horse welfare in horse racing, and would welcome opinions. Maybe it's been done before, but very little on here hasn't.

Comment

I fundamentally reject the notion that such issues should be barred from such threads and hived off elsewhere. An utterly reactionary notion.
                    Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 19-03-2022, 12:46.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                      I fundamentally reject the notion that such issues should be barred from such threads and hives off elsewhere. An utterly reactionary notion.
                      You're probably right but I don't like putting people out.

Comment

Whereas I love it

Comment

Working...
                        X