Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any sports where you don't need to concentrate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Especially true given the extent to which curling clubs serve as de facto pubs/social clubs in many Canadian towns
    Really? Ice and drink. That sounds a bad combination.
    Are any of these clubs sponsored by the Canadian equivalent of You've Been Framed by any chance? If they are, is creating their own content in such an obvious way considered 'cheating' by the TV show?!?

Comment

Ice underfoot and drink. Ice actually in the drink works, I believe... ahem.

Comment

Indeed, Curling Canada has advice on how to operate the bar.
        https://www.curling.ca/wp-content/up...Operations.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
          It's very hard to say what is thinking and what is concentrating and I wouldn't even attempt it. What's certain, though, is that snooker players often mess up an opportunity for a big break because of a lack of concentration. They're thinking ahead to the next ball and the one after that, and all of a sudden, they've missed the shot they were attempting.

Simon G, those darts websites are amazing.
          Whilst I love taking credit for things, Kevin S linked to the website, not myself.

Comment

Thanks Kevin!

Comment

You're welcome - was interesting to me too! I discovered the existence of 'checkout charts' which tell you how to finish from all the possible numbers up to 170. Presumably you try to memorise those too.

Comment

If you want a study in concentration, go find the game tape of Medvedev-Kyrgios from a couple of days ago in the Aussie Open Tennis and watch the Russian. His utter focus despite a huge amount of potential distraction is incredible.
                Nick Kyrgios being the opposite. He is a person who has a real problem with retaining concentrating. It is clearly really uncomfortable for him. He wants proceedings to be much more relaxed and spontaneous, and reliant on natural talent. Where he wins. Daniil Medvedev is therefore a terrible match-up for him.

Comment

Working...
                X