The state of horse racing in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The state of horse racing in the UK

(can't see a dedicated generic thread, but the response of this twat seems to be quite a popular opinion)

https://twitter.com/atko21/status/1468980205431754752

Misogynistic Wanker

I don't understand any of this, even after watching the video.

Comment

I presume it is about Robbie Dunne being suspended for bullying Bryony Frost

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e-horse-racing

Comment

Dunne engaged in disgraceful behaviour. This included sexist remarks and threats of violence that Frost believed to be genuine.

The jockey weighing room culture rounded on her. Tom Scudamore used to car share with her to some race courses but stopped doing so and refused to spend any time with her. There's been a concerted effort within racing to either discredit Frost's allegations or to support Robbie Dunne and play down the seriousness of his appalling behaviour. It was always going to happen given how close knit the racing community is.

I hope Dunne's ban is upheld. Absolutely no place for bullying or threats of violence in any workplace, and thats exactly what racing is to Bryony. It's her workplace. Its how she makes her living. It wouldn't be acceptable in any workplace in the country so why should racing stand by when one jockey is threatening to force another into the rails or other threats to harm her?

I expect there to be more on this before things get any better. Ultimately poor Bryony will either get the support she deserves or she'll be forced out of racing. I'd hope for the former but I'd suggest shorter odds for the latter. Some areas of society are still happy to condone horrible behaviour and to protect the mens club culture.

Comment

Working...
        X