Paris Roubaix cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paris Roubaix cycling

Sorry about spelling, and am not much more than a novice, but fucking hell in a handbag... this is magnificent.

Firstly, the course is mental. Secondly, the finish is about to become phenomenal....

Paris Roubaix cycling

A 'water-carrier' is going to win... BRILLIANT.

Comment

Paris Roubaix cycling

Cancellara second (what a frigging race... they were all over on their collective arses, including Tom Boonen (hateful)).

Nice way to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Thanks.

Comment

Paris Roubaix cycling

Winner is Johan van Summerren, and brilliantly done (hared off with about 15 to go, and stayed away). Brilliant.

Comment

Paris Roubaix cycling

Almost as good as last weekend's Tour of Flanders.

Well done van Summeren. Cancellara riding away from everyone who had been marking him all day was quite splendid.

Comment

Paris Roubaix cycling

It was stunning. The moment when Cancellara and Hushovd (who I had backed) attacked each other on one of the last cobbled sections and almost hit the motorbike THAT THEY WERE OVERTAKING (!) literally had me yelping on the sofa.

Comment

Paris Roubaix cycling

A 6' 6" classic winner hey?

Puts a lie to the old 'big blokes should stick to track cycling' schtik.

Comment

Paris Roubaix cycling

My knowledge of and previous exposure to cycling has more or less been limited to the TdF and watching the track cycling in the Olympics.

But bloody hell, if someone had told me about this before I'd have taken a greater interest. I'd seen the ads rolling almost perpetually on Eurosport and decided in an idle moment to check out what the fuss was about.

I didn't move from in front of the TV for the duration. Absolutely, positively stunning stuff. Made me (almost) want to go out and buy a bike.

Comment

Paris Roubaix cycling

Need advice on which bike to get?

Comment

Paris Roubaix cycling

I've actually got a bike. It's chained to some railings in SE4, at the back of a block of flats. You can have it if you can find it, it's shite.

Comment

Paris Roubaix cycling

Another of the spring classics today - La Flèche Wallone; it's celebrating its 75th anniversary. It starts outside Charleroi football stadium and goes twice up the Muur de Huy (which averages more than 9%) before also finishing on the same climb. A killer finish.

It's live on Eurosport from 1pm (and possibly also available on their online viewer, depending on where you live).

Comment

Working...
                      X