Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL09-Bucco Bruce,Ron Mexico,and Minnesota Bretts

Win/Win for me.

This is not the Pats of 2007, or even 2008. We are sorely missing Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, and the maybe I will retire, maybe I won't Junior "Brett Favre" Seau.

This game was clearly lost by the Pat's defensive line.

Comment

Most games are won or lost on the line.

Comment

Femme Falafel wrote:
        the maybe I will retire, maybe I won't Junior "Brett Favre" Seau.
        It didn't get all that much attention, but what Seau did to the Chargers was really bad. He gets released by the Dolphins, then signs a symbolic one day contract with the Chargers so he can retire a Charger, talks about how much San Diego meant to him, he'll always be a Charger...then four days after retiring, hmm...on second thought, maybe I'm not ready for retirement just yet. I think I'll join the Patriots. Seemed like a dick move to me.

Comment

No question it was a dick move, but I still miss him being in the lineup.

Comment

Just a comment on why Saints fans might be a little intoxicated by their current record--growing up a Saints fan was far, far worse than being a pre-2004 Red Sox fan. You learn to deal with disappointment. You get used to fans of other teams pitying you instead of hating you. It makes the wins so much sweeter.

Comment

Femme Falafel wrote:
              No question it was a dick move, but I still miss him being in the lineup.
              He signed a contract this year, right? Is he currently injured?

Comment

He's got a tv show. It's like Dirty Jobs, but instead of filth, the common component of all the jobs he tries will be sports.

Comment

Inca: Yes, he resigned in October. Here's an article about him from espn http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4556065

Sound familiar?:

He said this fall that he would be willing to return to play, but only for New England.

Reed: Haha! I guess it didn't do very well.

Comment

I don't think it has been on yet.

Brees' awesomeness should be a lesson to all those dumb scouts that pick quarterbacks based on their physique or because they played for Notre Dame.

Stats show that the the best predictor of NFL success for a college QB is completion percentage and playing a lot of games. Brees did both at Purdue. He single-handedly took them to the Rose Bowl. By that logic, Colt McCoy should be picked #1. I hope the Browns don't get him.

Comment

WOW.

Meachem's TD with :22 left in the half may very well have been the most bizarre TD I've ever seen. What a turn of events.

Brees throws a pick, Meachem steals it back and scores.

17-17 Saints and Skins.

Comment

That was good- I can't believe the Skins are hanging with them.. Vick just scored a TD (in ATL) and tried to throw the ball into the stands- unfortunately the field goal netting got in the way.

The drop-off between starting QBs and backup QBs is astonishing.

Comment

Skins up by 10??!! I figured the Saints would eventually lose, I was just praying it wasn't to the Cowboys..

The Eagles game is a full blown comedy at this point, cmon FOX, cut over to the Skins.

Comment

Blue fucking balls.. So the Eagles finally finish and they (FOX) cut over to the Skins v Saints- I get to see the Skins drive to finish off the Saints, but the shithead decides to miss the 20 yard field goal- then.. "..looks like we are going to have an exciting finish here- but we're now going to send you to the 2nd half of your doubleheader, Giants v Dallas.."

Comment

Well that was interesting.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

It's weird.

Probably a good weird, but you have to wonder if it's actually a bad weird.

It's too spooky and scary to be good.

I'm just speechless and in shock.

33-30 Saints.

12-0.

Thanks to Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love and the Cradle of our Constitution, for giving the Saints the NFC South before the game ended.

Thanks to Michael Vick. Second Chances and all of that. Who likes pitbulls, anyway.

Comment

Congrats to the Probable NFC East Champion Philadelphia Eagles, and Dynamo Kev and Jason The Saint. Great win, great game.

Comment

Chris Henry has been thrown from the back of a moving pickup truck that was being driven by his fiancee after they had a fight. He's apparently in really bad shape, might not survive. Sadly, I was surprised to hear about this initially, but not shocked. This just seems like something that would fit in with his past history.

I don't wish that on anyone. Hope he can pull through and pull his life around.

Comment

TMZ reporting that he's died, sadly.

Comment

When advertising goes wrong:

Comment

Very distressing. By all accounts, he was finally turning the corner and figuring out his life, although obviously he was still having some impulse control issues.

Comment

Skins up by 10??!! I figured the Saints would eventually lose, I was just praying it wasn't to the Cowboys..

Thanks for the Whammy, D-Kev.

Oh well. Good game.

Comment

Fucking hell, i knew it. Those cunts can't beat anyone in December, oh, except the UNDEFEATED Saints. We'll I'm off to shovel about 5 feet of snow- I don't think I can open the front door.

Comment

My father asked me "if the weather will put a crimp in my travel plans."

Uh, the 3 days of rain that we had in Louisiana, causing people to accidently drive into drainage ditches because they thought it was a flooded road, moved up to the colder north and is now covering the 800-900 miles of I-81 from Knoxville to Harrisburg while dumping historic amounts of snow. I'll say that's a big friggin' crimp in my travel plans.

Comment

I made my first igloo yesterday- quite proud of myself for that.
                                                Anyway, this post is about my hatred of my fellow Eagles fans. It's something I'm sure you can all relate to.

The vast majority of Eagles fans can't stand Andy Reid. And the number one reason is- "he can't win the big one". I am so sick of hearing this, so tired of these ungrateful ignoramuses. Reid is taking us to the playoffs for the 8th time in 11 years- is in the top 10 winning % of all time- but all you hear is "he can't win the big one".
                                                OK- if you want to go through the 4 NFC Championship loses- here's my take:

01/02 @ St Louis- Greatest Show on Turf. Eagles are the young upstarts and almost pull out a pretty big upset (we lead at the half) but ultimately lose by 5.

02/03 Tampa Bay @ Philly- TB was not given any credit and everyone in Philly was planning the parade. TB's defense was insane, allowing only 12 points per game- I knew they would shut us down. The game started great with the Eagles scoring on the first play from scrimmage- but ended with a Barber pick-six. (last game at the Vet- the entire city was inconsolable for months).

03/04 Carolina @Philly- Even I was pretty sure we would win- but when your receivers can't get off the line (which convinced Reid to get T.O.) and McNabb breaks his ribs in the 2nd quarter- such is life. You can't break a heart three times..

04/05 Atlanta @Philly- Even without the injured T.O. we dominate. Lose the SuperBowl, though we were underdogs, we were winning at the half.. etc.

08/09 @ Phoenix- It's very hard to win three playoff games on the road. The Cardinals had some really good players. We started off like shit but probably could have won it if our D made a stop at the end.

The reason I'm thinking about this today is... it looks like we're going to get Dallas at home in the first round, not a problem. Minnesota, who we pretty much own and Farve, who we really own, in the second round. And then we'll get our asses served up Creole style - and I'll have to hear how Reid can't win the big one for another 8 months.

Comment

I think Reid's 5-year extension is a sign that the most important fans appreciate him. Seeing how that team has found new ways to be nasty is something else. (And D-Kev, not sure if you saw it, but be sure to check out Inca's link on page 11 regarding Bill Parcells and the homeless guy in Miami.)

Well, at least the Iggles have experience in the Dome. Granted, it was a loss, but experience counts for something. If the Saints can heal their secondary, heal Shockey, heal Cedric Ellis, heal Reggie Bush, and have the team that was blowing everyone out in the beginning of the year, I'll have some confidence.

But recently the Saints have gotten cold in the 1st quarter, and have dug themselves deeper and deeper holes each game. DeSean Jackson going deep for 2 early ones is a probability right now, not a possibility.

Then they have to worry about the recent trend of resting starters becoming rusting starters.

That said, Carolina paid Nawlins a very big favor yesterday. Brett's old-ass arm simply can't hold up in cold weather, and it's in his best interests to at least have the 2nd seed.

Comment

I'd like to associate myself with D-Kev's comments (well, not the jinx-y ones about the ease with which the Birds will get to the NFC Championship game again), and I think a similar post could be written about the average Eagles fan being a blind-to-history asshole re McNabb as well (in fact, I may have written it on here in the past).

I'm very happy they extended Reid, and just hope the team can get through the rest of the season without any other serious injuries.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X