• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyrics most likely to put off men

I don't wanna hurd im anymore
    I don't wanna take away his pride
    I don't want to be... a murderer.

Actually Rihanna, the best way not to hurt him is by stopping your incessant warbling woman.

Comment

I step off the train
      I'm walkin' down your street again
      And past your door
      But you don't live there anymore
      It's years since you've been there...

...Back on the train
      I ask why did I come again
      Can I confess
      I've been hangin' 'round your old address?
      And the years have proved
      To offer nothin' since you moved
      You're long gone
      But I can't move on

Comment

Oh, that is brilliant, AdC. Would you have the song for caring & sharing purposes?

Sure, watch this space later today.

Amy Rigby is, IMHO, one of the great underappreciated contemporary artists. If luuurve in all its manifestations is your thing then I suggest you check her out. Most of her songs are also very, very witty.

Comment

Oh yes, there's lots to choose from. I wish I could find a theme in which to accommodate her song about the lack of sex in a marriage.

Comment

Keep it to Yourself

Yes, Are We Ever Gonna Have Sex Again? is probably number one in a field of one. I wonder whether Wreckless Eric takes it personally?

Comment

The Crying Game has been pretty thoroughly Bigbirded, hasn't it?

Comment

Bigbirded?

Comment

One of my exes was obsessed with Ronan Keating and had all his albums. With the benefit of hindsight, I should have run for the hills when I saw them on her shelf.
                  Err, yes. (Frankly, 'not even if she were a millionaire nymphomaniac who valued her own space'...)

You Suck by The Yeastie Girls? Amusing-enough song, but the lyric and group name don't sit together especially well for me...

Comment

If The Lady I Walked To The Registry Office With were to sing me to sleep with "Not Fair" by Lily Allen, I probably wouldn't be too happy.(Mind you, she probably wouldn't be, either.)

Comment

PJ Harvey's Rid of Me is an outstanding track, but doesn't suggest breaking up with her would be much fun.

I'll make you lick my injuries
                      I'm gonna twist your head off see

Till you say don't you wish you never never met her?

The songs I hate are where female singers are making out that they're badass, trouble, you can't handle me etc, but it's totally unbelievable (unlike with PJ).
                      Worst offender is P!nk. Sooo rebellious.
                      Dishonourable mention to Alexandra Burke's fucking godawful "Trouble", which I keep hearing while out shopping.

Comment

I like Rid of Me, but I prefer PJ's The Darker Days of Me and Him. Can't listen to either anymore, but they helped during a tough time.

Break-ups aren't supposed to be fun. I hate this idea that everyone is supposed to "move on and get over it" right away, and that anyone with a broken heart or lingering feelings is a "bunny boiler" or a saddo. If you're in love, it takes a healthy person a good few months to recover, and if you're not in love ...well, what was the point? Do something else.

I couldn't care less what puts a man off, btw. I could actually do with some tips in that direction :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X