anarchy records vs my bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone ever finds themselves in Nottingham, I highly recommend a visit to Anarchy Records (head north on the Mansfield Road out of the city centre for around 10 mins and it's on your left). A finer second-hand record shop I do not know. Hardly anything (vinyl or CD) is more than £3, and they've got just about any New Wave/synthpop album you care to mention for 25p or 50p (on vinyl, in decent condition). They often have rare stuff in- and even if they know it's rare- they won't put a stupid price on it. Their philosophy is that if someone gets a £50 vinyl for £3 they'll tell 10 people about it and those 10 people will all go and spend some cash there, and it seems to work.

Here's what I've bought there over the last couple of weekends (sum total= £56)

Son House- Delta Blues (The Original Library of Congress Sessions)
    Amonnconctact- One in an Infinity of Ways
    Nudge- Elaborate Devices for Filtering Crisis
    Young People- ST
    Hovercraft- Experiment Below
    Carl Craig- The Workout (2CD mix)
    Reynolds- "Love Songs"
    Humcrush- Hornswoggle
    Hood- The Cycle of Days and Seasons
    Bardo Pond- On The Ellipse
    Up-Tight- Five Pyschedelic Pieces
    Oneida/Liars- Aetheists, Reconsider
    This Heat- Repeat
    Melvins- Houdini
    Throbbing Gristle- 20 Jazz Funk Greats
    Slowdive- Souvlaki
    Wire Magazine's Adventures in Modern Music (3CD compilation)
    Public Image Ltd- First Issue (LP)
    Fog- ST (LP)
    Hawkwind- ST (LP)
    Hawkwind- Quark Strangeness and Charm (LP)
    West Side Story- Original Soundtrack Recording (LP)
    Rick Wakeman- Lisztomania OST (LP)
    John Denver- Sunshine OST (LP)
    Maurice Jarre- Parador OST
    Brendan Croker & Guy Fletcher- Music from the Granada Television Series 'On The Big Hill'

Those soundtrack LPs were all 25p. You can take a risk on something that looks even a tiny bit interesting for that price, and that's definitely the most exciting way of buying music I reckon. It's also the kind of thing you never do when downloading.

I'd like to give this a look, but I don't know where you mean?

I thought I knew that part of Mansfield Road quite well though; is it before that stretch of pubs that runs up to The Licolnshire Poacher?

Comment

It's another couple of minutes past the Linconlnshire Poacher. Unfortunately/fortunately, it's right at the bottom of my road so it's there to tempt me every time I want to go anywhere.

Comment

Working...
      X