Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45 Revolutions

Has anyone ever owned or seen this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/45-Revolutions-1976-1979-Ireland/dp/889559200X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1392501705&sr=1-2&keywords=45+revolutions

45 Revolutions

No. What a particular book.

Comment

45 Revolutions

Predictive typing is a bastard.

Anyway, I want it.

Comment

45 Revolutions

I don't whether you meant me with the predictive typing thing but I meant it. It seems very particular. 3 years. Mind you, it is also very far reaching in that it covers many types of music in that period. Except disco which personally was a big deal for me.

Comment

45 Revolutions

Ah, my mistake. Apologies.

I'd like the book, though. It focuses essentially on the punk movement from the period I think. I had a look at the Jon Savage/Punk 45 book but this looks a more extensive piece of work.

Comment

45 Revolutions

I have both a hardcover and soft cover version of this and have still never read either. Mind you, there are many classic books on my shelves that I haven't read.

Comment

45 Revolutions

Looks like my kind of read, too.

However, 3,000 singles doesn't seem such a great deal when you consider that twice that many are/were released in the UK every year.

Still, as has been stated, it's quite 'particular'.

Comment

45 Revolutions

Bored of Education wrote: No. What a particular book.
                Having never heard of the author Mario Panciera, or his band Devil Doll, he seems quite a particular chap.

Comment

Working...
                X