No announcement yet.

"Love Song" by Simple Minds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The important thing we've learned here is that The Damned are ace.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
      A bunch of random comments.

That song was such a key part of a my teenage life that was so fun. But I had never seen that video before.

I read one of those Omnibus books about Echo and the Bunnymen in the late 80s. You know the books that basically synthesized NME, Melody Maker, and Sounds articles. The underlining theme of the book is that the Bunnymen should have been the next U2 but Simple Minds became the next U2 when Don't You Forget About Me blew up. With time on our side, Simple Minds had one massive hit and then faded. I don't know if we'd say that Simple Minds had more of a career.

Watching this video was a tipping point to make me think that TV/film/music video screenwriters love include full-blown barroom brawls. I admittedly have not and currently don't spend time in places where a full-blown brawl would break out, but I have never heard from anyone I know that such a brawl has happened. I have seen fights that at most involved 4 people (two sets of friends squaring off) but usually just two guys fighting to prove their manliness to someone. Have any of you actually witnessed a full-blown brawn in a bar, pub, club, etc?
      Hey Daniel, sorry, those cocks can fight.

I worked in bars/restaurants etc for about 15 years. I so nothing that I did not see in any random 'back of house', that I worked. I think that it takes a special kind of row to involve the whole bar.

I've been in two, what we in Glasgow call 'stramashes'. One of which was Celtic v Rangers (cemetary next door, it was berserk), and the other was in a gay leather bar in London on a Pride day. A group of skinheads tried to get in. There were a 'number' of drag queens, resting their feet before hitting the Vauxhall, and I have never seen such carnage. Leather left right and centre, and these queens were beating the fuck out of these guys with their shoes. It was hilarious, and yet, a little scary. (THAT'S WHY they are reading to kids! It's indoctrination! Or self-defence?)

Anyway, sorry about tardy reply if I hadn't already. Kinda stoned. Big decision upcoming, and this is not the place to address it.

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
        The important thing we've learned here is that The Damned are ace.
        You only just learned that?

Comment

Jah, occasionally, you are a fucking stud. This is one of those times.

Comment

I’ll take that as a compliment.

Wish it were true.

Comment

Working...
            X