Your first album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post

Old Iggy is even a Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres these days (like a French OBE but for artists and musicians, and with no weird monarchic or colonial baggage.) Here he is being given his medal by a government dweeb:

That's a hilarious photo

Comment

When was that? I swear that Iggy doesn't look that old now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
        I remember being impressed when I was in Reims in 1977 that they had Iggy singing on telly. I think that it was Lust For Life. The idea that such exotic stuff could appear on mainstream telly really appealed to me.
        But a mere decade after that, he was on No. 73 dry humping a teddy bear. How things change, eh?

Comment

…and that was just days after his rather unorthodox performance on TOTP. You’d think that TVS might’ve done some research.

Not sure that Iggy has been booked for too much daytime TV since.

Comment

My first, barring disney soundtracks like Jungle Book and Aristocats, was An Innocent Man by Billy fucking Joel. No idea why.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              When was that? I swear that Iggy doesn't look that old now.
              2017, apparently

Comment

‘Overkill’ by Motörhead was the first album I bought, the first I got given as a specifically requested gift was ELO Greatest Hits

Comment

Probably Jive Bunny: The Album (bought for me), which introduced me to a load of great glam and 60s classics like Dion. Likely bought Queen II with my pocket money around 1990/1991.

Comment

Working...
                  X