Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ghost Town" is 43 years old. "Quiet Life" is 43 years old.

Jeepers. I'm old.

"Lip Up Fatty" is 45 years old.

These songs are older than my nieces and nephews.

"Two Tribes" is 40 years old this year! What the fuck happened? How is this possible?

In the words of the great sage of our age, Julia Fordham, "Where does the time go?" What the fuck happened?

I'm closer to death, than life, and ok, in my life, it's kinda different. I DID learn the clarinet, but not the bassoon. I do know the key changes in the Carpenters "Close To You", and I fucking hate Garbage (playing as I type).

Fucking hell.

Not even going to get into the Beatles etc, because that will make me want to jump out of a window, I don't have. Just a me-shaped hole in the wall. Wasn't there a TV show...?

Fucking hell.

"Round Round" by the Sugababes is 22 years old! Fuck. That's outrageous.

Comment

Apologies. I'm typing shit to stop myself from losing it.

Anarchy in the uk? 46 years old this year. God Save the Queen? Well, ok, it didn't, but 47 years old.

Comment

And for our American brethren and sisterin, Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Freebird" " (1970-something) you do the arithmetic.

Fucking fuckety fuck.

The Associates! Shitfuckingcunterama.

Just imagine how fans of Mozart and Berlioz (cunt) thought about them! :"Oh you think 40 years is an issue?"

I feel every single day that I have lived, and I used to be really good at this.

Natalie Imbruglia's version of "Torn"? 20 fucking 7 years old. That's kids and a family, old.

Don't even get in my face about The Damned "Eloise".

Bugger.

Comment

Kajagoogoo? 42 years old.

Ace of Spades? FUCK?! ({pretend that was am interrobang)

Comment

Is "Biology" by Girls Aloud a TERF anthem? Sorry, it's brilliant, but the lyrics are kinda problematic.

Comment

Thank fuck for En Vogue. 42 years old.

Comment

Have y'all guessed what my favourite year is, yet?

Comment

ABC's "The Look of Love" 43 this year.

Comment

And for our American brethren and sisterin, Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Freebird" " (1970-something) you do the arithmetic.

Two words

Comment

If there was a point to this sub, I can't remember it. I'm trying to hang in, without hanging in there. The days are getting longer, and my brain si getting tired. I just can't be bothered. O'm too fucking tired to deal with the minutiae (sic) of a day to day basis. I have to wake up in about 12 hours, and say goodbye to another friend. And he's a closet case. The gooodbye part is, that he has prostate cancer, and there's nothing I can do to help. And it's ripping me apart. Aside from the sister issues, this is a lot. A whole lot. And there's no amount of Catatonia that helps. It's always fucking Catatonia! "Road Rage" at my other friend's funeral. Fuck it.

I'm getting old, and I am not dealing well with it.

All Saints Never Ever? 25 years old. That's an adult-shaped song. Which hopefully they grew up to be.

I am now older than my favourite song. Guess what it is (there was a Hansel and Gretel, earlier) I fucking hate this. Everyone I loved is gone, or going. Bronski Beat 43 years old. That's longer than the age of consent change (thanks to them).

Snake, lock this thread, please. I'm fucking furious, and I may put bad links to music on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88sA...=LondonRecords
                      Bronski Beat:

Comment

Matt Monro, James Bond theme. 56 years old.

Julia Fordham, quite nice really, but still nearly 30.. What the fuck did I do to hurt you, god? OK, that's outrageous. Even fucking The badly spelled Weeknd is at least 10. Rihanna! "Umbrella" is 13, count them, 13 years old.

"Crazy In Love" . Fucking guess.

21 years old. That song is more street legal than me! FUCK. What is going on? Can I not just be happy without shit happening? And this year isn't going to be any better. Another 'election' year. Fuck them. I'm going to take lots of drugs and just (In the words of the other great sage of our age, Dizzee Rascal,)"Pass Out".

I'm ok. I just needed to vent. Snake, lock this, please.

Comment

Snake's management now, Gero. I am not sure if he put Guy or George C in charge of moderation / thread locking.

Comment

No worries caja. Good to 'see' you.

"It's Grim Up North" is a love song. Who knew? Everyone but me, apparently.

I'm really sorry. It's been a shitty few days. I'm not, coping well. Typing bollocks, helps.

Comment

Fucking Hue and Cry, cunts. I was in love with at least none of them. Then they appe... I fucking love this song.

Comment

SAtrength to Strength, in case you wondered, sic etc.

Comment

I'd go to any lengths for a simple life.

Bastards, I wish I'd thought of that.

Comment

I think my mess, today's mess started with watching the London Olympics opening ceremony. I was thinking Chernobyl, but here we are.

I used to frequent this board a while back. My bastard partner put me in hospital on more than one occasion, and how do I tell you that? Not really easy. and now? He's fucking dead, fuck him to the end of the Earth.

I'm still unhappy. What the fuck does it take for me to feel better? I've got money, eventually, and life fucking sucks.

Constant Craving? 32 years old (Yeah, I checked). Fucking hell. kd Lang is the same age as me. She's better looking and more talented.

Comment

I'm losing my shit here. Sorry.

I am one day older than Dave Chapelle. Fuck him, I am 15 years older than Chris Rock. I am 20 years older than the whole of Bristol (that was a lie, I just forgot the name of Portishead)

But, I did bring music back, and yes, it's that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvFY...PortisheadVEVO

Comment

Thank fuck I couldn't find "Teardrops", no, not that one. Tyoing shit on here keeps me away from suicide. It's not cool, but it's ... All Saints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPXq..._channel=RHINO

Funny that the last bit of the website is Rhino. Make your own jokes.

Comment

Duffy came up on youtube.

Sod you know she got kidnapped, whilst Adele reigned supreme?

Yeah. Google the fuck out of that one. It's true. "Warwick Avenue" had just come out, and the rest is history. Duffy is a footnote. Admitteldy Adele is slightly better, but for fuck sake!

Comment

"Club Country" is 42 years old.

Have a goodnight all. x

Comment

This forum is turning 23 years old this year (having evolved from a previous forum which some people here were part of). G-Boy hadn't even started school yet...

Comment

I can comfort you slightly, Gero. You are younger than Chris Rock - he's 58.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                                  "Quiet Life" is 43 years old.
                                                  It was finally a hit in 1981 but it's actually 45 years old, having appeared on the 1979 album of the same name.

I heard Jet by Wings on 6Music this morning - arguably Macca's finest solo moment. That blast from the past is half a bloody century old next month.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X