Leaving you wanting more: new music 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving you wanting more: new music 2024

One of my more enjoyable live discoveries of last year, Lilith Ai, dropped this scuzzy little number on New Year's Day, decent enough way to start the musical year...

I listened to that today, really nice. Very late 70s-early 80s “new wave” including a couple of moments which reminded me of Blondie.

Comment

Started listening to a bit of 6Music the other night and heard 'Black Mould' by Irish band Stupid Son. Technically this is a 2023 release, but I think they are releasing a debut EP shortly and they played a 6 Music session last night. Hopefully they'll tour the UK soon.

6Music Session available about an hour in here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001v1x8 - some chat with the band before that around the 40 minute mark.
      Last edited by RobW; 10-01-2024, 11:47.

Comment

One of my personally most anticipated releases for ages, Marika Hackman's new album (her first album of new material since 2019) is finally out today, and it's as wonderful as I hoped, absolutely love it. She's one of my favourite (perhaps actually my favourite) artists of the last decade, so admittedly I'm slightly biased.

Comment

Spotify found me this from last year but in my first week of 2024 Discover. It is very early 2000s.

Comment

Bob Vylan. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
              Spotify found me this from last year but in my first week of 2024 Discover. It is very early 2000s.
              Sounds more early- mid 90s to me. Sort of thing we'd get battered to after getting back from clubbing.

Comment

Quite enjoy the messiness of Stupid Son - Dublin seems to have become 'the' hotbed for guitar bands over the past half-decade.

Bob Vylan are an interesting act as well.

Comment

Bob Vylan are great. I've only seem them once at Camden Underworld, but have a mate who I think has seen every UK tour (and at Rockaway Beach this month). They were in session on Craig Charles 6Music show last week for those that are interested. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001v1ys

Comment

Anyone like their techno played mostly with live brass? New single from MEUTE out this week...

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                      Bob Vylan are great. I've only seem them once at Camden Underworld, but have a mate who I think has seen every UK tour (and at Rockaway Beach this month). They were in session on Craig Charles 6Music show last week for those that are interested. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001v1ys
                      Excellent, cheers RobW!

Comment

Swimming Bell's new album is out now. I had not hear them (her??) before. The "Sharon Van Etten meets Laurel Canyon" descriptions seem fitting.

https://swimmingbellsongs.bandcamp.c...-believe-in-us

Comment

Thanks for that, right up my Blvd.

Comment

Kim Gordon's new song is really impressive on the first couple of listens:

Comment

Newish anyway. The Dead South - A Little Devil

Comment

The superb Dog Unit have announced their new album release date and it is available to pre-order. Two songs off it are available to listen to now https://thisisdogunit.bandcamp.com/album/at-home

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                  Anyone like their techno played mostly with live brass? New single from MEUTE out this week...

Way cool!

Comment

I admit to knowing nothing of Oisin Leech, but it seems that he's had a pretty varied career. I saw Spencer Cullum recommend this though, and it is indeed lovely.

Comment

New Justice album, Hyperdrama coming out in April. Includes the above collaboration with Tame Impala and Generator

Comment

A new one from Sunny Day Real Estate:

Comment

Gruff Rhys's new album is quite pleasant...

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                            Gruff Rhys's new album is quite pleasant...

Literally listened to this for the first time two hours ago. It's very good indeed.

I can also recommend Bill Ryder-Jones and Alkaline Trio's new albums which I recommend also.

Comment

Really enjoying NewDad's debut album, out last week. A fair few of the tracks were on singles last year, but it's nice to hear the full collection.

Comment

Great tips on here,cheers. The new Black Grape album sounds great especially’Milk’

Comment

Just got round to listening to the much-hyped debut album from the Last Dinner Party. The hype, it appears, is justified; really great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X