No announcement yet.

Minutemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minutemen stuff now goes for record collector prices, but the SST comp/ 'Introducing the Minutemen' might be a good place to start.

Minutemen – Introducing The Minutemen (1998, CD) - Discogs

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
      Michael Fournier also writes for Razorcake from time to time. He wrote a 33 1/3 book about Double Nickels. There is a "Look Inside" preview available.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Minutemen-D.../dp/0826427871

https://www.amazon.com/Minutemens-Do.../dp/0826427871

EDIT: And I'm 50 minutes into the podcast that Tony C posted and Todd talks about that interview with Watt.
      I’ve only seen the front cover of the new Razorcake but Watt is on the cover which suggests there will be an extended feature (or interview with him) inside.

The latest edition I have (#138) includes a piece by Sean Carswell on Minutemen which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post

I’ve only seen the front cover of the new Razorcake but Watt is on the cover which suggests there will be an extended feature (or interview with him) inside.

The latest edition I have (#138) includes a piece by Sean Carswell on Minutemen which is good.
        There was a two-part interview with him that extended across two issues. I can't remember when those issues came out, but I'd be surprised if he's on the cover again so recently and another feature appeared so soon.

Comment

"The Jackass theme" is what immediately pops into my head when I think of Minutemen.

It later became my theme for the pandemic.

Comment

I read Fournier's 33 and a third book on Double Nickels last week, while playing the record again a few times, needless to say. I bought it back around the time it came out and it seems to be worth something, though the sleeve's not in fantastic condition, and I wouldn't want to sell it anyway. I should dust off my firehose LPs/cassettes too, I haven't listened to them in years.

Comment

Working...
            X