No announcement yet.

Christmas Song Bingo 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd never heard of the secretaries until this thread. I type in the song into youtube, and find Kylie minogue and marie Carey covers of it. So I don't understand why I hadn't heard it before, and tbh, it's definitely the sort of thing that if you heard it once, you'd remember it

Comment

We have a Christmas playlist that we do play a few times round this time of year. It includes David Banner's The Christmas Song, which is the one the kids always want to hear. (On the understanding that we can't play it when their grandparents are round.)

One song that I always think should be on Christmas compilations, but to my knowledge pretty much never is, is The Sun and The Rain, such a good track.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
        I presume you have Dolly Parton's " hard candy Christmas " Tracy Thorn does a cracking version as well.
        I do now!
        Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 23-12-2022, 18:11.

Comment

That's too rude for my playlist, that David Banner (isn't that the Hulk's name in the TV show?).

The Madness is not very krismassy is it?

Comment

Well, the lyrics go "I follow the Christmas lights down town." - I reckon that's enough to qualify it. (Although to be fair it was released a month too early for Christmas.)

Edit - wikipedia also says - "The music video for the song shows Madness performing in a rainy street, with a couple of references to Christmastime and the holiday seasons."
            Last edited by Jimski; 23-12-2022, 18:43.

Comment

Got McCartneyd this morning queueing for last minute festive consumables.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                Are there German language recordings of any of the big festive numbers?
                Not as many as there are in other languages, it seems. I banged together a mix of Xmas pop songs in non-English languages -- an exercise in novelty more than quality -- and I struggled to find a huge amount of usable German material.

The Finnish version of "Merry Xmas Everybody" is pretty good, though. And who knew that there were singers in communist Czechoslovakia doing seasonal pop like Dana's "It's Going To Be A Cold Cold Christmas" and "Happy X-Mas (War Is Over)".

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                Low's Christmas record deserves a mention, although I have only ever heard it on Radcliffe and Maconie (and YouTube).
                Low released a Christmas record every year. I mean, we know which one you mean, but there are loads moire, and worth checking out.
                Last edited by G-Man; 24-12-2022, 08:08.

Comment

In South Africa, the Christmas Song Bingo would involve Boney M. Their Christmas album used to be everywhere. Happily I've avoided that horror. But I've heard various versions of "Last Christmas". I'm generally opposed to capital punishment, but some crimes...

I wonder if Dutch boy-singer Heintje gets much play in Germany, 50+ years after his Christmas albums were absolutely everywhere. Virtually every West German family in the late-1960s and 1970s had a copy of Weihnachten mit Heintje.

Comment

The George in Harrow has got a playlist that ticks every box on the bingo card. Can't complain about it on Christmas Eve...

Comment

It’s Boxing Day and I’ve just been Sheeraned. I didn’t even know there was one. Wish I never had.

Comment

Sheeran & Elton duet.

Comment

Working...
                        X