No announcement yet.

Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomb The Bass - 'Bug Powder Dust'. Not the rather dreary big-beat-by numbers original but Kruder & Dorfmeister's infinitely superior remix, a laid-back stoner anthem of the highest order.

Comment

Paul Simon - 'Still Crazy After All These Years'

Comment

Iron Maiden - The Trooper

Comment

Comment

Keeping with the Mars theme of NS' post above:

Comment

Metallica - ...And Justice For All

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Sadly, I didn't witness this, gjw but you paint a wonderful image. Great song too.

All this mention on the news of the French Police has put the following song in my head.

Particularly these line:

"Paris was a place you could hide away
                  If you felt you didn't fit in
                  The French police wouldn't give me no peace
                  They claimed I was a nasty person
                  Down along the Left Bank, minding my own, whoo
                  Was knocked down by a human stampede
                  Got arrested for inciting a peaceful riot
                  When all I wanted was a cup of tea."
                  Quoting myself from last year, just after the Champions League Final as, once again, I have this song constantly going round my head.

Comment

Throwing Muses - 'Drive'

Comment

This, for reasons I can't determine has haunted me for most of my adult life, I really wish it would go away:

Comment

Ear worm and eye worm. Video as a short film.

Comment

I missed the news that Rick from Drive Like Jehu, Hot Snakes, and other bands passed away last week. I assume it might be a one post thread if I posted an RIP thread, so will share this song in his memory. Although Drive Like Jehu is often labeled post-hardcore, per my comment in the banter thread, I think hardcore changed in the early 90s. I would call Drive Like a hardcore band. And one of the best at that. RIP.

Last edited by danielmak; 05-07-2023, 21:54.

Comment

Since reading the Metronomy thread title, mine is Buzzcocks Autonomy

Comment

danielmak Very sorry to hear that, I got into that album last year. The standout song for me is 'Luau', a ferocious fantasy of indigenous uprising in Hawaii.

Yesterday I recommended Jerry Garcia's first solo album to WOM on Mundane. So today I have had this gorgeous song in my head. I'm gonna do a cover of this. Decided to post the alternate take here.

Last edited by delicatemoth; 06-07-2023, 19:39.

Comment

I can hear the Casey Kasem " This may seem like a strange dedication request..." playing over a down tempo track. But I can't remember what the track is.

I thought it might be from the Howie Be Thy Name EP but I can only find album versions and they are purely instrumental. So either the sample got taken out (possible) or I'm thinking of a completely different track.

Edit: it isn't the U2 thing that comes up if you Google the sample

Comment

This is one from work, and I hear it everyday. And everyday I want to go postal because I know the words to this piece of absolute shite, but sing along, and then berate myself for doing so. FUCK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MA...channel=Filter

And what a shit fucking name for a 'band'. "Filter" btw. Being in a band should mean you have NO FILTER. Definitely in this case. I didn't even know the song was 24 years old. It's been driving me incandescently angry for at least 5 months now.

And, yes, I find myself humming it when I'm walking to work.

Comment

ZZ Top - Precious and Grace

Comment

The Cramps - Thee Most Exalted Potentate of Love

Comment

It took me many years to hear the lyrics as jet airliner. I thought I was hearing Carolina and my searches kept pulling up James Taylor. Then I was regularly shocked that radio stations were playing "funky shit" but it is "funky kicks."

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                          It took me many years to hear the lyrics as jet airliner. I thought I was hearing Carolina and my searches kept pulling up James Taylor. Then I was regularly shocked that radio stations were playing "funky shit" but it is "funky kicks."

Ha! You've got the 45 single/AM radio edit. He did indeed say "funky shit" on the album version - go to 4:12 on the link below

Comment

Haha. What led me to post that song is that I heard it on the radio yesterday and I could have sworn I heard "funky shit" on the radio.

Comment

A piece about earworms.

https://www.wired.com/story/why-song...-to-stop-them/

If the link is behind a paywall:
                                              https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/MWjghB

Comment

I highly doubt that I'm the only person who gets woken up by the music in their head, but I kind of wish it would stop.
                                                Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 30-07-2023, 21:55.

Comment

Manfred Mann's Earth Band - The Mighty Quinn

Comment

Queens of the Stone Age - My God Is The Sun

Comment

Working...
                                                    X