Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Second Class — Spencer Davis Group.

I hadn't actually heard this since 1967, but for some inexplicable reason the opening lines have recurred time and again over the intervening years. No idea why, it's not a particularly good song. Perhaps the title rings bells in my subconscious.

Comment

I'm totally hooked on two songs off of Blondie's new album: Long Time and Best Day Ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaL-G9zVxzk

The woman's 72 folks....

Comment

Teenage Fanclub - About You

Comment

The Fratellis' Chelsea Dagger. The only song I know by the cnuts, put into my head by G-Man invoking them on the whistling thread. Welcome back ya evil bastard.

Alcoholiday has been a much more pleasant ear worm since January maybes.

Comment

The entire album that Chelsea Dagger's on is dreadful. I couldn't tell you the name of the song but the line, "She was into the Stones and he was into the Roses" had at one stage virtually taken root in my brain which would've been bad enough had it not for some reason also taken on a Dick Van Dyke cockernee accent.

Comment

Isolation

Comment

Not an earworm per se, but lately I've been really interested in reviewing the entire oeuvre of Liz Phair. I only really like a few of her songs, but I find her to be an interesting somethingorother from my youth.

Comment

Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina

Comment

Manic Street Preachers with Nina Persson - Your Love Alone is Not Enough https://youtu.be/A_OnFHJou4o

Still struggling with URLs on NewTF.

Comment

Every once in a while, out of the blue, these five minutes of psychedelic hard rock pop up in my head. Thursday morning was one of these days. Queens of the Stone Age still haven't left my head, with their Turnin' On The Screw.

Comment

Five fucking days.

Comment

Autobahn

Comment

Comment

Jesus Jones - Zeroes and Ones

PLEASE make it stop.

Comment

Up the Junction - Squeeze

Comment

From around 5am to around midday, this:

Since some utter sod posted a thread on the Latics forum about the annoyingly bright new perimeter advertising hoardings, this:

Comment

The main theme from The Good, The Bad And The Ugly. Quite intensely.

Comment

Paris Smith. Lovely name for a girl, Paris Smith. Paaaaaris...

For about four weeks now. Daytime, night-time, since re-listening to 'Jordan: The Comeback', which I play quite often for an old LP (couple of times a year), and it usually leaves some sort of worm behind, but not for this long.

If I listen to something I haven't heard for two or three decades, however, but which I used to know very well - fucking hell. Elvis Costello's 'Every Day I Write the Book' tortured me for what felt like months. Still love it, even then.

Comment

Yes I get that. I downloaded Kraftwerk's Man Machine and Computer World last week, which I had on vinyl in the 80s. Been getting a lot of Computer Love ever since. So to speak. The one Coldplay pinched.

Comment

Metallica - The Call of Ktulu (sic)

Comment

Infernal - From Paris to Berlin

For fuck's SAKE.

Comment

Being Boring - Pet Shop Boys. My job is boring.

Comment

That song is stunning.

This one is just weird. Some kids theme which is weird, and Cher in full-on Electro-warble, which is also weird. I love this.

Comment

This is mine, or was until I heard ooga boo.

Comment

From a distance. Get tae fuck Bette Midler. I want HP's earworm instead.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X