No announcement yet.

Guitar shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say, rereading this thread it's apparent how conservative the guitar tastes are. Nary a Jackson, B. C. Rich, Ibanez or Dean in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
      I have to say, rereading this thread it's apparent how conservative the guitar tastes are. Nary a Jackson, B. C. Rich, Ibanez or Dean in sight.
      Because people who buy guitars like this are tossers.

Comment

Kerry King would have wanted a word.

Comment

I've got a Jackson, a Dinky. Won it in a raffle at a metal all-dayer. It's OK, and cost me a pound.

Comment

I suspect my taste in guitars lies slightly to one side of the majority given my formative years listening to hirsute men riffing hard and machine gunning solos.
            ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
              I did buy the Les Paul Jr clone in the end, albeit in Pelham Blue.

That's a gorgeous looking guitar. Anyone know what the "Pelham" refers to?

Comment

I suspect my taste in guitars lies slightly to one side of the majority given my formative years listening to hirsute men riffing hard and machine gunning solos.
                ​​​​
                Mine too, but Kerry King is still a tosser.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post

That's a gorgeous looking guitar. Anyone know what the "Pelham" refers to?
                  It is a color of Cadillac from the 60s.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Mine too, but Kerry King is still a tosser.
                    I don't know the gentleman, but South Of Heaven is a great album, and Slayer did a lot of good stuff so he can't be all bad.
                    As for guitar choices, if I had an unlimited budget, or put another way if I could afford a guitar that cost more than a pound (see upthread) I'd love a Rickenbacker. Just thought I'd mention it, in case anybody's throwing a good one out / sending it to the charity shop

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post

I don't know the gentleman, but South Of Heaven is a great album, and Slayer did a lot of good stuff so he can't be all bad.
                      As for guitar choices, if I had an unlimited budget, or put another way if I could afford a guitar that cost more than a pound (see upthread) I'd love a Rickenbacker. Just thought I'd mention it, in case anybody's throwing a good one out / sending it to the charity shop
                      You can pick up one of these new for GBP200.

Comment

Nah, with my unlimited budget I'm going for the real thing

Comment

One of my electrics is an Ibanez.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

One of my electrics is an Ibanez.
                            Hobbes: I was a teenage shredder! (cont'd p 4)

Comment

Does my Gibson Firebird count in the pointy guitar stakes? I mean, it isn't very metal but it is at least a bit pointy. If it helps it was, like 1974ddr's Jackson, acquired for an incredibly low price because of reasons.

Comment

Also, in defence of daft pointy metal guitars, one of the guitarists in my old band had a Warlock and I was surprised at how incredibly playable it was.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
                                  Does my Gibson Firebird count in the pointy guitar stakes? I mean, it isn't very metal but it is at least a bit pointy. If it helps it was, like 1974ddr's Jackson, acquired for an incredibly low price because of reasons.
                                  Firebirds aren't that pointy though. No more so than a Jaguar or Jazzmaster.

Flying Vs and Explorers are pointy.

Comment

I'd love an all-black Flying V. There's just something about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

Firebirds aren't that pointy though. No more so than a Jaguar or Jazzmaster.

Flying Vs and Explorers are pointy.
                                      The important difference, though, is that a Firebird is cool.

Comment

I can only invoke the Trustworthiness of Guitars poster: https://i.imgur.com/8C6Yx.jpg

(I am a Telecaster player, by the way.)

Comment

That chart seems to have some very strange favoring of hollowbodies.

Comment

Firstly, the one to the extreme right should be in there with the BC Rich's etc. and the Hohner/Steinberger should be extreme left.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                              Firstly, the one to the extreme right should be in there with the BC Rich's etc. and the Hohner/Steinberger should be extreme left.
                                              The one on the right is Jerry Garcia's guitar.

Comment

I rest my case.

Comment

I've got one of these but, as you can see, it is a half size one. I used to have a full size one. I would love an Epiphone or Gibson version.

Comment

You can get a ukulele Flying V.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X