"The Wire" fans may like this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fantastic example of someone you couldn't listen to a whole album of, Randy Newman has this track, "Baltimore" that's nothing to do with the show, but covers the same ground. Sort of. Anyway, I really like it, it's evocative.

I'm quite happy to listen to a randy newman album. Good Old Boys is a gem

Comment

Nina Simone does a far better version of "Baltimore" on her album of the same name. An album which also contains one of her finest moments "Thats All I Want From You"....tears to a glass eye type stuff.

Comment

mafu - yeah, but all in one go? I couldn't possibly.

Broken Clock - didn't you say the other week you wanted to start to share some music with us? Seems like the perfect opportunity...

Comment

For me, Randy Newman goes in the same bracket as Leonard Cohen -- he seems like a decent guy but his music bores me rigid.

Comment

sw2boro wrote:
            Broken Clock - didn't you say the other week you wanted to start to share some music with us? Seems like the perfect opportunity...
            Ive tried C&S'ing a few times and it seems beyond my computing abilities. Sorry. Ill give it another go but dont hold your breath. In fact it may be quicker to learn the piano and record the song yourself.
            The Nina Simone album "Baltimore" was £5 in FOPP at Cambridge Circus last week iirc. Im sure the two songs are "available" on the internet somewhere.

Comment

I also think Nina Simone's version of 'I Think It's Going to Rain Today' is better than Newman's original.

Comment

I love the Simone version, but I love the Newman more.

Comment

Working...
                X