No announcement yet.

Friday Cryptic Crossword Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, ad hoc, I was trying to clue the same thing! A bugger to work with now though...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
      Haha, ad hoc, I was trying to clue the same thing! A bugger to work with now though...
      It took me ages. All those fucking e's

Comment

Liège-Bastogne-Liège cycle race: commemorating men tucking in, saddling up awkwardly (8)
        Last edited by Kevin S; 29-01-2018, 16:35.

Comment

Liège-Bastogne-Liège is such a cycle race - men tuck in, saddle up awkwardly (8)

_ _ N _ _ _ _ _
          Last edited by Kevin S; 29-01-2018, 21:33.

Comment

Bloke is glorified by monument (7)

Comment

Lee last opened car dodging obelisk (10,6)

Comment

Scruffy bank men met after queen showed where to find Cleopatra’s Needle (8,10)

Comment

Victoria Embankment Station, Belfast (6,4)

Comment

Location of 14th-century Queen's Quay featuring a level in puzzling form? (7,7)

Comment

The Titanic Quarter is located here- Duncan's domain, or NIR on abbreviation (4, 4)

Comment

Sorry to sink you, seand; that isn't the solution.

Comment

_ _ _ _ H _ _ / H _ _ _ _ _ _

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post
                            Sorry to sink you, seand; that isn't the solution.
                            oh balls I should really stick to the European Cup Trivia thread.... that or check my solutions before charging into another inelegant clue. Queens Quay is part of Belfast's Titanic Quarter incidentally
                            Last edited by seand; 31-01-2018, 12:07.

Comment

Much more likely to be the opaqueness of my clue that's the problem. I'm anticipating some harrumphs when you see what it's all about.

Location of 14th-century Queen's Quay featuring a level in puzzling form? (7,7)

_ _ _ _ H _ S / H _ _ _ _ _ _

Comment

I've got an answer that satisfies the first half of the clue but I don't understand the second half at all.

Comment

Ok, an easy one in case I'm wrong.

Qualification earned by performers of Martha's Harbour (1,5)

Comment

And suddenly I realise I've just re-written the cryptic part of IT's clue!

Comment

Left behind after failing in A-levels? No, it smooths the way (8)

Comment

Can someone explain to me the definition part of IT's clue. I get the cryptic bit (now that I know what the answer is, and having discovered that it is the name of a song by All About Eve), but how is the 14th Century Queen's Quay bit working? I've even just read the lyrics to the song, but that hasn't helped.

Comment

1 In Clee, vaseline spreads- a fleeting fashion? (5,2,7)

and for your bonus,

2 Eased shite (5,3,7)

3 Own Man City star (8,5)

4 File... (3,4)

5 ...under clothing (7)

Solutions are linked (more available for the insatiable) (4,4,3,6)

Queen Martha ruled 14th century Denmark according to Wiki

Bonus solutions spoiler:

2 [SHAKE] THE DISEASE

3 PERSONAL JESUS

4 [NEW] LIFE

5 STRIPPED

[JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH]
                                          Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 01-02-2018, 12:49.

Comment

edit- she was Queen of Sweden rather than Denmark

Comment

Leave in Silence, Depeche Mode's instruction to yield (4)

Comment

Cede rival Calvert newer e-care package- they rock (9,10,7)

Comment

Note:Creedence Clearwater Revival took E, sport (6)

Comment

Across the pond, Miami finally about to enter Major League Soccer for fame and all that jazz, we hear (8)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X