No announcement yet.

Friday Cryptic Crossword Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing godparent whipped "Dream Topping" for rascally otf stalwart? (3)

Comment

Effervescent imp (6)

Comment

Sprite shaken by father (6)

Comment

This is from Christopher Priest - "Tango… Hotel… Echo…" (3,10)

Ten letters.

FFS.

Ten letters.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

About T.C. and me - the separation (10)

Comment

Detachment means I fence friend, strangely (12)

Comment

Expression of indifference about a model on drugs (4)

Comment

_ _ T _

Comment

Comment

Meth OD is the source for religious belief (9)

Comment

Methodist pioneer and Dido team up for classic album, featuring #26717 (4,6,7)

Comment

Heh! That's where I was going (solution-wise) but I got distracted.

Comment

Ultimately, if you champion John Wesley Harding, I prefer seminal work written for Streisand (5,4)

I was taught Classics by the father of folk-pop singer-songwriter John Wesley Harding/Wesley Stace.

Comment

Wyoming's leading Funny Girl, yes? No- have some gum (8)

Comment

Chewed Wrigley's? Ah, OK, during classic film... (6,6)

Comment

Whisky Galore in a gel? (6,6)

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post
                                    Ultimately, if you champion John Wesley Harding, I prefer seminal work written for Streisand (5,4)
                                    I discovered that Dylan wrote Lay Lady Lay for Streisand, which made for a tidy surface reading.

Comment

Before enrolling at Methodist College* aged 11, I was interviewed by the deputy headmaster with my mother and brother. She could point to a brother and son both named after John Wesley, as well as her and Dad's sterling efforts defending the last days of Empire. Against that, I'd just failed the 11 plus and had to be bribed not to admit to atheism. Jelly may have been involved

* by my day it was just a school, the training of clergy managed elsewhere. By 70s Belfast standards it was quite relaxed, the only overt doctrine was compulsory Church twice on Sundays. I swerved Assembly after 3rd Year to read the Telegraph sports page in the library

Comment

"Contagious STD dances in North Korea"? It's a well known Ealing Comedy (4,6,3,8)

Comment

Kind Hearts and Coronets Ealing revival showing initially transforms into those who get in it illegally (7)

Comment

Go in hard, using possible protection against hackers (9)

Comment

_ _ I _ _ _ A_ _

Comment

Peril of forgotten shinguard gel (3,5)

Apologies for repetition of 'gel'
                                                Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 05-03-2021, 13:56.

Comment

Aussie leg break bowler bamboozled India, eh, Bruce? )6,6)

Comment

Richie Benaud sidekick encrypts jerk mail (3,5)
                                                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                                    X