No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its almost as if you're enjoying X11 Kev....

Anyway - after doing my PR just now for Lincolnshire Curly Coats in the Golden League I was browsing my Sold Players idly and was reminded that I once sold a player for 19m - striker Ighor Sakharov, definitely the most successful result of the Swine Farming policy.

I wondered how Ighor had fared since his departure as a 22/10. Or maybe 21/10, I can't quite tell. And was a little disheartened to see he's now a 31/12 and that's as high as his skill ever got. It then struck me that many managers come into the game with no "network" and no guidance as to how to actually get better at it. OK some can just figure it out, but I think the benefits of being in an expert group like the OTF are immeasurable. I know damn well I wouldn't be half the manager I am without this readily available coaching school. And if anyone mentions training+playing I will be putting a contract out.

Perhaps X11 would greatly improve their churn rates and thus membership if there was more help available for the new or inexperienced manager. Or maybe it is, and some people don't ask. Or they're content with what they have.

Or is the above all just patronising?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
      Weren't tempted to see how high you could get him with nurturing? Imagine an 18/8...

Meanwhile I've replicated the Swine's drawing phase of last season across most of my roster now. It's a thrill ride.
      I decided that jam today is better than jam tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
        Thanks for the tip off. She's got hidden leadership and good compatibility and the deadline is 8am tomorrow, bid made. Three games to go is pushing it but even as a 17/4 it's ok.
        How's Volante Turchetti looking AE? DV/AF ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
          It then struck me that many managers come into the game with no "network" and no guidance as to how to actually get better at it. OK some can just figure it out, but I think the benefits of being in an expert group like the OTF are immeasurable. I know damn well I wouldn't be half the manager I am without this readily available coaching school. And if anyone mentions training+playing I will be putting a contract out.

Perhaps X11 would greatly improve their churn rates and thus membership if there was more help available for the new or inexperienced manager. Or maybe it is, and some people don't ask. Or they're content with what they have.

Or is the above all just patronising?
          No, you're quite right Sits. I'm another who would have either never got as good as I am at the game, or taken five times longer, had I not had the OTF hivemind to call upon for advice and explanation at every stage of the path.

Now, if anyone can tell me how to reliably make and hang onto some econs, I'd be very grateful. Viking South Utsira are having our best ever season, on paper, but are in such a hideous ongoing state of financial collapse there's a real risk it'll all be a net negative for the squad when the campaign's over. We're surely going to go out in the Xpert Ladies Cup quarters against Mighty Aphrodite this afternoon, who fielded a 17-strength XI in their last match, and another setback against them in the league next Tuesday should nobble our implausible Division 1 promotion push as well – after which there's only 2 games left in which to try to desperately repair the floundering DVs in the side.

We've gone top of the TotM standings this week, I've just discovered, but with the last two games this month both being against Aphrodite I'm under no illusions that we can hang onto that, regrettably. Main aim for the run-in is being able to successfully develop last night's new midfield arrival Tyra Klovning, after waiting for aeons for the academy to give me something good. She's an intriguing prospect, to say the least: a 17/4 freekicker (yay!) with Fragile, Moody and Diva. Am going to give her 90 minutes (potentially 120) in the quarter-final today as a baptism of fire, and see whether she sinks or swims.

Comment

Spot on, Sits. Never mind changes to the game mechanics, they should be redesigning that site and finding better ways to get people involved in the private leagues and accessing communities to help them learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
              Antepli if you're still looking for ladies league bargains there's a 16/4 being offered for 300k.
              She arrived today with a development value of 9, three games to get it up to a level where she'll jump.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                How's Volante Turchetti looking AE? DV/AF ok?
                Played today in a friendly and is 9/10, now has a red arrow so into form training. 312k and worth 8 times that, looks like I've got a new transfer policy.

Comment

Eugene/Stephen has not gone to Steaua. Hope he enjoys wherever his new home is.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                    Eugene/Stephen has not gone to Steaua. Hope he enjoys wherever his new home is.
                    A sad day for all of OTF except for Fikret Yücel who can probably keep his title of best keeper and holder of most records. Someone will have to dig them out.

Comment

Yep, afraid not, I've only just logged in to see I didn't get him. Farewell legendary keeper.

Comment

X11 Ladies Matchday 11 report.

Code:
                        Division 1a

The Norfolk Broads	0 - 0	Viking South Utsira

Division 4i

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	2 - 1	Tartan Tawties FC
                        Vandenbergh 81'			Berenger 15'
                        Mahony 85'

Drakaina		2 - 3	Immortal Angels
                        Winter 40'			McKay 19'
                        Mourne 93'			Bergwitz 37'
                        				Erickson 43'
                        				Townshend (sent off) 54'

Division 5:16

Erbil			1 - 1	SLB Femenino
                        Brundin (pen) 78'		Baggio 8'

Division 5:20

Sockford Emollient	2 - 3	Mean Girls
                        Duggan 38'			Halliday 47'
                        Shibuya 88'			Nílton 59', 77'

Division 5:21

Bethanys Binos 		2 - 0	Solent Sirens
                        Nordh 51'
                        Scotton 60'

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	1 - 2	Mawenzi
                        Dalmiya 68'			Joshi 18'
                        				Rikam 84'

Division 5:28

Menywod Maeshafn	1 - 0	Pakistan FC
                        van Hijde 24'

Division 5:31

Csiki Girls		4 - 0	Cowgirls IF
                        Igreja 16', 26'
                        Gränsmark 44'
                        Clevan 69'
                        Smet (sent off) 76'

Division 6:33

Liverpool Ladies 	1 - 3	LNWR Locomotive
                        Closca 34'			Nixon 15', 54'
                        				Hofvander (pen) 84'

Division 6:36

Eastern Promise 	1 - 2	Ullapool Northern Star
                        Good (pen) 46'			Kha 17'
                        				Andersson (pen) 84'

Division 6:39

Invisible Ladies	0 - 2	Tagalog Ladys
                        				Idmayanti 1'
                        				Macatuna 4'

Division 6:40

Witches of Chiswick	1 - 0	AC Gemelas 1903
                        Altstrand 71'

Division 6:53

Fight 2 Win		1 - 2	Zeugma Dostluk Spor
                        Kesic 84'			Fetele 16'
                        				Forsyth 68'

GGW FC			0 - 5	Chuchas United
                        				Isho 8', 73'
                        				Selänne 41'
                        				Jaubert 64'
                        				Lanz 71'

Division 6:56

Dublin City WFC		1 - 0	Crvena Zvezda
                        Tyrell 81'
                        With the other two promotion contenders in Division 1a meeting elsewhere, Viking South Utsira’s trip to The Norfolk Broads was a chance for The Blood Eagles to cement their top two spot.
                        Velvet Android certainly sent his team out chasing the win, eschewing his normal five-man midfield for a 3-4-3 set-up (also partly injury enforced, I guess). However Viking failed to gel in their new formation and despite having ~60% possession in both halves they only created three chances and finished none of them.
                        The good news for VSU was they didn’t conceded either, so it was a point. One that kept The Blood Eagles second as Eternal Wars and Spearwives of Ygritte swapped places around them following the Wives 1-0 win in that meeting.

A run of two points from six games had left Coxy Ladies Wulpen in the Division 4i drop zone ahead of matchday 11. Their opponents for that would be another side below the line, Tartan Tawties FC.
                        The Waders recent form makes them vulnerable if falling behind, but that is exactly what they did here as the Tawties were awarded a direct free-kick within shooting range on the quarter-hour and made no mistake. Things went from bad-to-worse for Janik’s side just before the half-hour when key forward Aurelie Wostijn was stretchered off with a season-ending 24-day injury.
                        Despite this poor first half, Wulpen had had a lot of the ball which kept hopes flickering for the Curlew’s Nest crowd. They continued to gutter on in the second period, though were appearing to be dying embers until Laetitia Vandenbergh was suddenly free-and-clear on 81 minutes. Vandenbergh kept her cool to equalise, and a remarkable turn-around was completed four minutes later when Moreen Mahony’s shot from distance deceived the Tawties ‘keeper. And nestled home.
                        Drakaina’s recent form has been impressive as they have established themselves in the 4i championship race. They were looking to continue that against Immortal Angels.
                        Things didn’t go at all according to The Dragons plan, though as Immortal were by far the better side in the first half and, despite a goal against the tide from Grace Winter, racked up a deserved 3-1 lead. Etienne’s side were offered a ray of light when Alison Townshend proved to be no Angel and got herself shown a straight red card in the 54th minute, but this didn’t prove something that the Greeks could take advantage of as it took until 93 minutes for Fionulla Mourne to close the gap to one, by which point it was too late.
                        Despite defeat, Drakaina remained second in the table and well in touch with leaders Kongo, who were held to a goalless draw. Meanwhile Coxy Ladies late two-goal blast has lifted them to fifth, one point clear of trouble.

Erbil had a lot on the line when they took on SLB Femenino in a top-of-the-table clash featuring the only two unbeaten teams in Division 5:16.
                        The visitors held a four point advantage before play commence, putting pressure on Erbil to win and close the gap. Pressure that mounted when SLB took the lead on 8 minutes from a direct free-kick from Baggio. It was a lead the Portugese would hold to the interval and one they merited on a strong first half showing.
                        Jdsx’s side came more into things in the second half, and created a couple of chances. However it took the intervention of referee Hugh Cango to fashion the equaliser, Cango pointing to the spot in the 78th minute. Sandra Brundin shouldered the responsibility and carried it off easily, giving the ‘keeper the eyes and rolling it calmly into the opposite corner.
                        That was as much as Erbil would get out of the game, however. They remain four points adrift of the 5:16 summit, and even saw their play-off place usurped on goal-difference by Shinjuku Nadeshiko.

Sockford Emollient were looking for points to lift themselves away from the Division 5:20 relegation battle when they took on Mean Girls.
                        The Gatorsharks were marginally the better side during an open first-half and sat down for their half-time oranges with a 1-0 lead courtesy of Toni Duggan’s 38th minute strike. Unfortunately Foxxy265’s team were hit with a sucker punch soon after the interval, and then another on 59 minutes as Mean Girls edged ahead.
                        The visitors were prolific in the second period, making it three goals from three shots on 77 minutes. Sockford defender Hanae Shibuya (a former Witch of Chiswick, whose youth system she came through) gave the John Spencer Street crowd a grandstand finish as she headed in her first career goal from an 88th minute corner, but an equaliser, though clearly merited on the game stats (6-5 in chances, 54-46% possession) was not forthcoming.
                        The good news for Emollient was the two sides directly below them also lost, so they remain fifth and goal difference ahead of the drop zone.

Five points from safety with four matches to play meant there was a lot riding on Solent Sirens trip to Bethanys Binos.
                        However it wasn’t going to be easy as the Binos are pushing for the play-offs. Any sort of positive result was a going to be a positive for The Sirens, and for 50 minutes they hung on to one. But ‘hung on’ is operative there as shots were coming in at Banaz Pinachi’s goal from all angles and eventually this had to tell, which it did on 51 and 60 minutes.
                        Solent’s day was capped off by a goal ‘back’ from Simone de Beauvoir on 64 minutes being disallowed and a 7-day injury for defender Petra Ulander early on.
                        Another side chasing the play-offs is Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC, who also had an outside shot at automatic promotion if they could have beaten leaders Mawenzi on their visit to Merapi-Kraton-South Sea.
                        That was never going to be an easy task as, though Mawzeni have eased slightly from their earlier relentless pace, they are still clearly a strong team. And indeed were ahead after 18 minutes from a worked set-piece routine. The Sea Goddesses plugged on though, and midway through the second-half created their first opening of the day when Tia Farisy’s pass opened a channel for Diksha Dalmiya to advance on net. Dalmiya was super-calm and scored her chance.
                        However there was a majot blow for SeanoftheShed’s side just six minutes later when creator (and team captain) Farisy went down with a 10 day injury. In her absence the chances of a winner for Kanjeng reduced and it was the visitors who netted it instead with a direct free-kick six minutes from time.
                        Two defeats, both damaging to an extent, though less so for Kanjeng who drop to third but only GD behind second (Mawzeni are now six points clear at the front of the pack). Solent’s loss was a bad one though as it was compounded by fifth-placed side Flick of the Wrist winning. That leaves Andrew7610’s girls eight points from Division 5:21 safety with just nine left available...

Mid-table Menywod Maeshafn would definitely be looking more up than down if they could put away bottom of the table Pakistan FC.
                        The Welsh side started decently and got the reward for their possession on 24 minutes when Elodie van Hijde fizzed in a direct free-kick. IsThatcherDeadYet’s charges appeared content with that single strike, looking to neutralise the rest of the game. Apart from a brief scare when Pakistan had the ball in the home net on the stroke of half-time this passed off OK to secure an important if not particularly memorable 1-0 win.
                        It was a victory that keeps Maeshafn within three points of the Division 5:28 leaders and just two behind second place.

Comment

With the match moreorless won against opposition who had netted just 10 times in their previous 10 games, Ad Hoc’s side slowed down a little after the break, adding just one more when Ellie Clevan fired home on 69 minutes. There were a couple of black marks on the Csiki’s day, and that Clevan was on hand to score was indirectly one of them as her introduction to the game on 35 minutes had followed a 9-day injury for Saoirse McInns. If McInns isn’t fit for tomorrow’s game, she will be joined on the sidelines by Floriane Smet after the midfielder was shown a straight red card on 76 minutes.
                          The Csiki’s played out the time with 10 players without conceding to write the four-goal margin into the record books. It leaves them five points clear of Cowgirls, who remain second and seven ahead of third place. A second straight promotion looks very much on the cards... as long as the boss can get a side out given the selection concerns this game caused!

The momentum behind LNWR Locomotive seems unstoppable at the moment, with Liverpool Ladies the latest trying to avoid getting caught on the tracks.
                          The Steamers started brightly and went ahead after 15 minutes when Charlotte Nixon headed in from a corner. However for the rest of the first half Viktor Boskovic’s side struggled to turn possession into chances and then found themselves pegged back with a goal against the run of play.
                          Having refuelled at the midway point, it was steam up again for Locomotive in the 54th minute, Nixon again the player on the spot as she smacked a free-kick straight in. A killer third arrived in the final ten minutes, also from a dead ball after Hugh Cango pointed to the spot. Ragna Hofvander did the honours.
                          And so LNWR keep on chugging. They remain at the top of the pile in Division 6:33, five points clear of Stoke City Ladies. The gap to third is now ten points, so a play-off place is assured at a minimum.

Another surging side are Ullapool Northern Star, who faced a challenging fixture at fourth-placed Eastern Promise.
                          Ullapool were just two points clear of their hosts at kick-off, so a nice early goal as provided by Ninorta Kha’s 17th minute direct free-kick was a nerve settler. Delicatemoth’s side were the better team in the first half, and deserved their interval lead but had it snatched away from them seconds after the restart when the notorious Tony Nolan pointed to the spot.
                          Asked to start again, Star began creating chances. However we were into the last ten minutes before one of them bore fruit, and it again involved Nolan intervening to give a spot kick (can’t be a home team call this time, so how about a make-up one?). Whatever the rights and wrongs of the decisions, Pernilla Andersson had the chance to win the game and she obliged.
                          Elsewhere in Division 6:36, third-placed Arsenal LFC actually did remarkably well to hold previously perfect leaders kirkburton Juniors to a 2-2 draw. However that result combined with Ullapool’s win at Promise means DM’s charges are now four points clear of their nearest rivals for the play-off spot. Leaders kirkburton’s title celebrations were technically put on hold by last week’s results, but seeing as Northern Star need to recover both 9 points and +35 GD, that one is gone.

Some recent decent results had given Invisible Ladies a vague chance of climbing back into promotion contention, but only as long as they won games such as their home one against Tagalog Ladys.
                          60 seconds into the match, and The See-Throughs were one behind. Three minutes later and they were two. A dreadful start that gave Pebblethefish’s charges a mountain to climb. Would they have managed if star performer Elly Björkgren hadn’t been forced off with a horror 19-day injury on 25 minutes? That will remain speculative, but my personal guess is it would have been unlikely. A blow like those opening five minutes tends to be very difficult to recover from.
                          Also gone is any chance The See-Throughs now have of pushing into the top four of Division 6:39. In fact it’s actually mathematically impossible to go up, as the top two are both ten points ahead of Invisible, who occupy fifth spot at the moment.

Three weeks which will make or break Witches of Chiswick’s season began with a match that, on paper, was an easy win for The Bewitched against strugglers AC Gemelas 1903.
                          The match was a must-win due to the possibility of helpful results elsewhere; it would have been hugely galling for Wiblflibl if those had fallen right and his side hadn’t delivered their end of the bargain. They certainly took their sweet time about it, holding 60% possession in both halves but creating just one chance in the opening 45 minutes and only a slightly faster trickle after the break. However, thankfully, one of these was a direct free-kick on 71 minutes that was inside Sarah Altstrand’s range. She duly delivered. A captain’s example.
                          The win, combined with second-place Marselle losing for Rotnäset BK (fourth) meant The Bewitched are now back within a point of the Division 6:40 play-off place. The chance to thank Rotnäset personally arrives swiftly as Chiswick head there tomorrow. They will be hoping the hosts are not as sharp...

Keeping on ticking off the victories is the aim for Zeugma Dostluk Spor as they close in on the Division 6:53 title. The box on Matchday 11 was next to Fight 2 Win (a).
                          Zeugma put in a strong first half in possession terms, and also shooting efficiency as their one effort of the 45 was a worked free-kick on 16 minutes that ended with Asabe Fetele turning home the opener. There were more chances to be hand after the break, though slightly worryingly for Antepli Ejderha’s side as many for the hosts as themselves. It was therefore a pressure reliever when Rachel Forsyth steered home a second on 68 minutes.
                          That gave breathing space but wouldn’t quite end the fretting as F2W pulled one back on 84 minutes. However that proved to be their only strike of the day.
                          Division 6:53 also provides us with money-hovering operation GGW FC, who have to go through the rigmarole of playing out 90 minutes such as games against Chuchas United.
                          Goals went in at regular intervals as GGW were outclassed. I would say SouthdownRebel’s side, but seeing as he was elsewhere reading 14th century French poetry in preference to managing this shower in a match, they are not really his. Never mind, the rebrand is nearly here.
                          Zeugma remain perfect, and obviously also top. They are five points clear of second with three matches to play. Third are a speck on the horizon and of no real relevance. Also of no import is where GGW stand in the table, but that is still seventh for what it’s worth.

Following two straight defeats, the pressure was on Dublin City WFC to turn their trend around against Crvena Zvezda before a highly promising season went completely off the rails.
                          Mortal Joe’s girls dominated possession and territory in this one with Red Star seeing little of the ball and not managing a shot. That kept the tension down in the Phoenix Park crowd, but frustration was rising as their side had lots of the ball, made some chances and scored no goals. The match was still 0-0 with ten minutes to play and the possibility that Dublin’s lead in the table would be further eroded. That sounds like a team for heroes, and Dublin had just the candidates in Ana Isabel Carreto and Nancy Tyrell, Isabel Carreto swinging over the 81st cross that Tyrell gleefully planted home.
                          That proved to be the only goal of the day, and it was enough to keep Dublin four points clear of their nearest Division 6:56 rivals, and seven points clear of third.

Comment

The X11 Ladies Cup, Round 8. AKA the Quarter-Finals.

Code:
                            Viking South Utsira	1 - 2	Mighty Aphrodite
                            H.Hovland 78'			Hodgeson 6'
                            				Bergstrand 86'
                            The last eight threw up an all-Division 1a affair as Viking South Utsira took on very familiar rivals in Mighty Aphrodite.
                            The Blood Eagles are in the middle of a tough push for top-flight promotion, and have begun to struggle with injuries and tiredness that had seen their six match winning run ended the previous Tuesday, and they looked sluggish in the early going of this one as Aphrodite took the lead.
                            The Greeks continued to make most of the running after the break as Viking struggled to get into the match. Indeed it was rather against the run of play when Heidi Hovland equalised for Velvet Android’s side on 76 minutes. However equalise she did, which begged the question of whether Utsira could hang on for penalties? In the end they didn’t even make it to extra time, Aphrodite netting the winner on 86 minutes to end another glorious Blood Eagles cup run.
                            Viking will just have to get revenge tomorrow when the sides reconvene for a Division 1a fixture...

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                              Division 6:53 also provides us with money-hovering operation GGW FC, who have to go through the rigmarole of playing out 90 minutes such as games against Chuchas United.
                              Goals went in at regular intervals as GGW were outclassed. I would say SouthdownRebel’s side, but seeing as he was elsewhere reading 14th century French poetry in preference to managing this shower in a match, they are not really his. Never mind, the rebrand is nearly here.
                              It can't come soon enough, this poetry is utterly incomprehensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                The Blood Eagles are in the middle of a tough push for top-flight promotion, and have begun to struggle with injuries and tiredness that had seen their six match winning run ended the previous Tuesday, and they looked sluggish in the early going of this one as Aphrodite took the lead.
                                Viking will just have to get revenge tomorrow when the sides reconvene for a Division 1a fixture...
                                Thanks for the reviews Janik, and you're not half right with the first sentence above. I wish we could give you a happy ending to the season to cover, but alas it's all going to fall apart horribly in these last few games.
                                I can't see us exacting much revenge against Mighty Aphrodite today, who can casually field a side 4 skillbars stronger than us – and our current litany of woe reads 6 key players on poor form and red arrows, 5 more on poor form though at least black or green arrows, 1 out injured (Quental, which should provoke her retirement announcement soon), and 1 suspended (Asta).

On the plus side, the lack of decent options mean Fragile, Moody, free-kicking Diva 17/4 Tyra Klovning will get another 90 minutes against Aphrodite to try to add significantly to the DV 9 she jumped straight to after debuting against them on Saturday.

Comment

Zeugma Dostluk Spor lose in round 12, the defeat is because of trying to integrate three new players into the team and get their development values up. We're two points clear of second place and face SDR in the next round but it's still too tight for my liking.

Comment

Well, GGW are finally where they belong - rock bottom. So I don't foresee too many problems for you there.

Meanwhile, what is going on in Tobermory's division this season? I don't know what it is, but it's utterly disgusting in a way that has us heading for the trap-door and the comforting embrace of the cellar.

Comment

Nine out of nine for Steaua Bridge in May. Very pleased with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                        Nine out of nine for Steaua Bridge in May. Very pleased with that.
                                        Guzman to you sir.

Comment

Very well played, Kev. Like riding a bike!

Comment

Guzman indeed Kev! I think it's fair to say that, with an 8-point lead already before today, no-one's going to be overhauling you in the Team of the Month race tonight.

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                                            Meanwhile, what is going on in Tobermory's division this season? I don't know what it is, but it's utterly disgusting in a way that has us heading for the trap-door and the comforting embrace of the cellar.
                                            Your use of the word "disgusting" has me wondering, SdR: is there dodgy-looking stuff going on in some quarters again, do you mean?

If you merely mean the way Pro Zone B is ludicrously tight, on the other hand, then it certainly is – 1 point between 3rd (promotion) and 7th (relegation) currently. I hope both you and Noirs can survive that melée in the five games remaining. Tiree Automatic are also trying furiously to keep our heads above water in a very competitive Xpert Zone, so it could only take a couple of results to swing which order we end up in next season in the OTF hierarchy within that league, given we could very feasibly swap tiers again.

But equally, if you're not careful FC Tobermory could end up as not the first- or second-ranked team in the Inner Hebrides but the second-ranked team on Mull next season, since Tobermory Town are unbeaten runaway leaders of Semi-Pro Zone A and look certain to reach the Pro next season for the first time. There's also a decent chance we could all wind up in the Pro Zone together!

Comment

Talking about dodgy dealing reminds me whatever happened to Sel Ayan in the Xpert Zone?
                                              Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 31-05-2018, 21:02.

Comment

A quick search reveals he's still in the game, running two Fenerbahçes in other leagues as well as an official team. No longer in the XZ though.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                                  Your use of the word "disgusting" has me wondering, SdR: is there dodgy-looking stuff going on in some quarters again, do you mean?

If you merely mean the way Pro Zone B is ludicrously tight, on the other hand, then it certainly is – 1 point between 3rd (promotion) and 7th (relegation) currently. I hope both you and Noirs can survive that melée in the five games remaining. Tiree Automatic are also trying furiously to keep our heads above water in a very competitive Xpert Zone, so it could only take a couple of results to swing which order we end up in next season in the OTF hierarchy within that league, given we could very feasibly swap tiers again.
                                                  The latter, I've no evidence of any untoward shenanigans.

Comment

Had a very confusing experience just now, when I logged in and for some reason a name jumped out at me among the 'Related games' at the lower-right of my Lobby screen, where I never normally look. It says "Club senseless (Nmrfox) - Nyronaldinho FC" – which really threw me as I was thinking "I didn't know Foxy had joined some random other league".

I clicked through to the club, and discovered that he's somehow both "not shown up yet" and been sacked. The confusion thickened for just a moment, until it hit me that Club senseless (a Division 6 side in the Final League) were merely 'managed' by Foxy's resurrected ex-profile, who was appointed along with the hordes of other reanimated zombies in late April and then sacked again a month later. It's mostly odd because I'd forgotten that profile still existed, given that Foxy started up a new one after returning from hiatus. Very strange to see it continuing to enjoy a sort of parallel existence of its own!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X