Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

http://www.xperteleven.com/player.aspx?playerid=615601928&dh=2

The latest player to join the Zeugmabus for just under 9 million econs, he's got the cone as well. It takes my first choice midfield at Zeugmaspor to 57.

Comment

I've just been looking sadly at Foxy's abandoned Thoxtoxeter squad, and was pleasantly surprised to find that both his 16/3 defenders were left in the default starting lineup. As a result Les Vincible (remember him?) jumped to 17/4, and Wally Cant doubled to 17/5, the best part of a month since his manager last checked in. Amazing stuff.

Cant in particular no doubt accounts for a decent proportion of the value of a squad now worth 47m, the 12th highest in the whole league.

Where's the recruitment thread, anyone?

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote: http://www.xperteleven.com/player.aspx?playerid=615601928&dh=2

The latest player to join the Zeugmabus for just under 9 million econs, he's got the cone as well. It takes my first choice midfield at Zeugmaspor to 57.
        Sadly we don't have that kind of money to just fling carelessly around, but Hornville have managed to add the pleasingly named and bearded Hilário Sintra to their squad today. We also have the delightfully monikered 18/4 lightbulb horse defender Barry Allen in from the academy.

Any squad that includes a Barry is destined for great things. Now we just need a Nigel (to make plans for) and a Trevor or something.

Comment

I like the cut of Barry's jib. He has a "pleasant, open face", as the great Terrance Dicks invariably used to describe Peter Davison's Fifth Doctor in his multifarious Doctor Who Target novelisations. Looks a solid chap.

Antepli Ejderha wrote: http://www.xperteleven.com/player.aspx?playerid=615601928&dh=2
          Is that a club record by the way AE? I see that Anton van Langeveld (who took just six minutes to ruin Mortis' proud recent defensive record today) cost 7.4m three years ago, but wonder if there's others who have disappeared from your Players In list.

Comment

Nice "path" AE for your newbie. It's a costly business buying in the 21-27 age zone "on the path".

And VA, kind of you not to touch upon the relative win-loss records in the long running UU/KK rivalry.

Comment

Brythonnic news:
              [spoiler]A good (northern) afternoon for the OTF Collective in the Fourth Division. Racing Club Roquefort and Sulawesi Babirusas are confirmed up - subject to structural changes. Chester St. Oswalds can still go up too, after newly rejuvenated Nyth Wobbegong got all three points at current 3rd place Grantham Town and St. Oswalds got a crucial point on the road at Kopa de Klopp.

Sadly SDR took over at Nyth too late to save them from the drop, but there's life in the old fish for the future.[/spoiler]

Comment

Various Artist wrote: I like the cut of Barry's jib. He has a "pleasant, open face", as the great Terrance Dicks invariably used to describe Peter Davison's Fifth Doctor in his multifarious Doctor Who Target novelisations. Looks a solid chap.

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha
                http://www.xperteleven.com/player.aspx?playerid=615601928&dh=2
                Is that a club record by the way AE? I see that Anton van Langeveld (who took just six minutes to ruin Mortis' proud recent defensive record today) cost 7.4m three years ago, but wonder if there's others who have disappeared from your Players In list.
                Not thought of that VA but I think he must be for Zeugmaspor. I'll have a look.

Looked and he must be, I've still got some money left over but I'll save it for next season.

Comment

Sits wrote: Brythonnic news:
                  [spoiler]A good (northern) afternoon for the OTF Collective in the Fourth Division. Racing Club Roquefort and Sulawesi Babirusas are confirmed up - subject to structural changes. Chester St. Oswalds can still go up too, after newly rejuvenated Nyth Wobbegong got all three points at current 3rd place Grantham Town and St. Oswalds got a crucial point on the road at Kopa de Klopp.

Sadly SDR took over at Nyth too late to save them from the drop, but there's life in the old fish for the future.[/spoiler]
                  Not sure if this is still required, but...
                  [spoiler]Yes, the big news of the day is that Nyth are off the bottom of the table. Building up some form nicely, we'll hit the ground running next season and be back where we haven't yet proven we belong in no time.[/spoiler]

Comment

Blimey, I wouldn't worry about spoilers too much here re Brythonnic news! Well played chaps, anyway, and Sits there's no need to worry about structural reorganisation – the current set of managers are proving very reliable loggers-in, and unless we get a sudden massive batch of dropouts I should be able to simply keep replacing managers when any odd gaps appear, which touch wood has proved pretty straightforward so far.

I'm not going to change the size of divisions either, so the only difference to the league will be if we somehow recruited enough in one go to add an extra division. A season ago, after an initial wave of applications made me think it was worth testing the waters for just such an expansion, I decided it wasn't happening and scrapped the attempt – and haven't thought about it again since to be honest, so I'm 99% sure we'll start next season in 5 x 10 teams and with all promotions and relegations honoured.

That's reminded me, actually: I've been meaning to give a head's up here to any other OTFers who aren't in the Brythonnic Premiership so far but might fancy giving it a go – there's a team due to come free the day after tomorrow, Norfolkinchance who are about to accompany Nyth Wobbegong down from the Fourth Division to the Fifth:
                    http://www.xperteleven.com/team.aspx?teamid=1200291&dh=2
                    Their manager hasn't been seen in X11 for nearly a month, so I'm pretty certain they'll be vacant imminently: I'll be inactivating him on Thursday unless he shows up again at the eleventh hour.

In case it sways anyone, I'm sure you'll all be delighted to hear that the club was originally formed by our old friend Worldcup12 – as indeed was my own team, Rćdfearne Island. He spent 2 days in charge, which by his own unique standards is [strike]quite lengthy[/strike] practically Wengeresque.

Comment

"Massive batch of dropouts"

VA describes the OTF Massive.

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote: We also have the delightfully monikered 18/4 lightbulb horse Barry Allen
                        You sure he doesn't have a lightning sq as well?

Barry Allen

Comment

[spoiler]Congratulations to Etienne for eliminating the MLX Shield holders from the playoffs, once again! And with team ratings that would make you favorites for the final too...[/spoiler]

Comment

Bravo Etienne, what's that they say about it being better to be lucky than good? Zalec Zmaj appear to be both, which is a marvellous combination. An intriguing final against Gotham City awaits.

And speaking of DC superheroes...
                            Gawpus wrote:
                            Originally posted by SouthdownRebel
                            We also have the delightfully monikered 18/4 lightbulb horse Barry Allen
                            You sure he doesn't have a lightning sq as well?
                            Barry Allen
                            I knew I knew the name from somewhere obvious. D'oh. Thanks Gawpus.

Sits wrote: "Massive batch of dropouts"
                            VA describes the OTF Massive.
                            To think, I tried so hard to phrase that sentence to avoid the obvious comeback, too...

Comment

Yes, sorry for Richard for being so unlucky, and for Sean for failing to defend his crown.

On paper, Gotham look the weakest side we've faced in the post-season, but their record this season is fantastic so they've clearly got something going on.

Comment

Etienne wrote: Yes, sorry for Richard for being so unlucky, and for Sean for failing to defend his crown.

On paper, Gotham look the weakest side we've faced in the post-season, but their record this season is fantastic so they've clearly got something going on.
                                We were way ahead of Gotham on skill, but he was correct on our formation and attacking style and then marked our lone striker, so I won't complain too much at the result. I'm more narked because I was thinking of going 3-5-2 but decided we had done well on 4-5-1 so far and would have certainly used that for the final. Rmy went 4-4-2 normal, which is pretty brave for a semi-final against a stronger skilled team.

Comment

Talking of 'delightful monikers' (we were a few posts back...), Four Candles have acquired a last line of defence by the name of Dirk Pike https://www.xperteleven.com/player.aspx?playerid=615606472&dh=2
                                  A bit like being called 'Dagger Sword' or something....

Comment

I have to say I'm very glad not to be playing Pulau who have definitely had the edge over us recently.

Comment

Very best of luck Etienne.

KK are enjoying a trip down memory lane in Friendlyville: United Underground yesterday, Ike Ka Kansai tomorrow. 37 matches with the two of them combined.

Comment

Good luck to ZZ in the final.

Meanwhile, the Malouins have reached the final of the [strike]Freight Rover Trophy[/strike] MLX Vase, which is a nice little bonus for the young squad after a challenging season. We've lost all of our previous three finals, of course.

Comment

Don't know if anyone not in it has noticed Div 1 of the Human League. After 8 games, the gap between 2nd and 8th (ie in the relegation zone) is one point.

Comment

ad hoc wrote: Don't know if anyone not in it has noticed Div 1 of the Human League. After 8 games, the gap between 2nd and 8th (ie in the relegation zone) is one point.
                                            Yeah, can you all stop beating me, please, you cunts!

This is what happens - you see?

Comment

Well, I've tried to get a stopgap manager in to allow us to start a new Xpert XI season, but no luck, so I think we're going to have to try and recruit from The Human League/MLX. Would the league admins of those leagues be OK with me posting there?

Comment

Sure, it's less up to me and the Human League admins than the OTF really.

Comment

Would you be able to post this as an official PR then, Sits:

The Human League was created as a result of discussions on the One Touch Football (OTF) message board, and so has a significant number of managers who use the board. There is also an OTF private league, where many of the same managers take part. So, if you enjoy the Human League ethos and company, the OTF league is very similar.
                                                  We have traditionally restricted it to users of the board, but we have not managed to recruit new blood this season, and could do with a couple of new managers. If you'd be interested, the league ID is: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=108391

Comment

Done.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X