No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invisible Ladies faced the acronym-tastic SAMCRO of Division 5 with Pebblethefish’s side hoping to go at least one round better than last term.
    The opening leg at the San Seethrough was a masterpiece of misdirection as Invisible players kept appearing on the shoulders of SAMCRO players and then belting it away. This led to a lot of possession in harmless areas for the visitors, whilst at the other end Beáta Nádasdy and Rachel Crouch struck in the 64th and 74th minute to ensure the smash-and-grab had happened.
    The return again saw SAMCRO again dominating the ball but not the chances. They did half of the job asked of them by scoring after 55th had gone to pull things back to 2-1. However any goal by The See-Throughs was the likely clincher as it returned SAMCRO to square one, or arguably even further back. So when Elly Björkgren burst through in the 76th minute there was a collective holding of breath... and then a release as she finished clinically. Björkgren added another a few minutes later to make the final handful of minutes a cruise.
    The Round 3 draw has pitted Invisible against SurteBohus FC, who operate in Division 4e. Despite that being two rungs higher than The See-Throughs, Invisible are the higher seeds making leg two the one to be played at The San Seethrough.

An all-Division 6 affair saw Sockford Emollient take on FBC Luja. It would prove as tight as might be expected by the closeness in the standing of the two teams.
    The opening leg at Luja was goalless, but not from want of trying by Emollient, who created five chances in the game but failed to take any of them. That left the tie very much in the balance ahead of the return at John Spencer Street. It remained that way throughout, with the single goal of the entire tie coming in the 54th minute when Lotta Ericson headed home. That put Sockford ahead, but did little to calm the Framleyshire Massive as their side were just a deflected shot away from going out on away goals.
    Fortunately nothing like that occurred, and Foxy265’s side held on to progress. There was one dark spot on the day though as forward Alexia Batistuta suffered a 9-day injury that will make her a major doubt for the away opening leg of Sockford’s Round 3 meeting with bad girls Misconduct United of Division 6:37.

The balls had not been kind to Menywod Maeshafn as they pitted IsThatcherDeadYet’s charges against Division 4 opponents in Danis Ladies.
    Getting through the first leg in Wales with minimal damage was the probable first step towards pulling off an unlikely victory. And this was going wrong almost from the get go. First defender Roza Makovetskaya went down with a 16-day injury after just 7 minutes, and then on 16 a penalty was given away which Danis Ladies converted for an away goal. They added another on 56 minutes, and to make matters even more galling for the Maeshafn fans this was all so undeserved – the Welsh had more possession and chances in the match, but found themselves in a deep hole at the end of it.
    Clawing back the deficit away from home was going to be hard, but Maeshafn were determined to try. They halved the advantage on 33 minutes when Lisha Boye fired in, and had the chances to wipe it out entirely. Indeed a Maeshafn player did score the next goal, but unfortunately Eloide van Hijde’s attempt to challenge just saw the ball skew off her and drop agonisingly into the net. Deflated, the visitors shipped another a few minutes later and will leave the tie reflecting on the injustices of the 1-4 final aggregate score.

A team from the tier above for Csiki Girls as they took on a former league foe in F.C U Mobitelco, who are now in Division 5.
    The opening leg in Cluj was a showcase for Csiki Girls, who put in a thoroughly impressive performance, holding 3/5th of the ball and making a slew of chances whilst giving up just a handful. A showing like this needs the goals to decorate it, but for a while it looked like these might be absent after the ref had ruled out Saoirse McInns’ apparent 11th minute opener. No matter, McInns just went and did it again half-an-hour later, this one counting.
    McInns was replaced by Ellie Clevan just past the hour, and with 15 or so to go Clevan made the opening leg safe as she was the sharpest to react in a goalmouth scramble following a corner.
    The return at A kertem was mostly focused around ‘don’t blow this’ [or words to that effect]. It was something that Ad hoc’s charges managed well, holding Mobitelco at arms’ length for the entire 90 minutes whilst once again winning on the night courtesy of Emelie Gränsmark’s 28th minute header from a corner.
    The Csiki’s now go forward to a third round meeting with very familiar foes in Yellow Black Brasov, who are now up to Division 3g. The first leg is at a kertem.

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC were the clear favourites against The Pretty Reckless, whose Division 6 level is two below The Sea Spirits.
    At half-time of the open leg it looked to be plain sailing as Kanjeng lead 2-0, both goals scored by Diksha Dalmiya, one after 17 minutes and the other on 34. Dalmiya had also had a hattrick ‘goal’ disallowed, and Kanjeng had bossed the game overall as well, holding 63% possession and 3-0 on chances. Maybe this half prompted overconfidence as the second was an almost complete role reversal. Pretty Reckless were the team holding on to the Football and creating chances, eventually drawing level after 88 minutes.
    Not what manager SeanoftheShed would have wanted or expected at half-time, but he did still have a two away goal day in his back pocket. That meant The Sea Goddesses were ahead before starting the return in Indonesia. But only just. A goal would give a cushion, forcing Reckless to score twice to turn the tie around. And the strike came (eventually), Tia Farisy netting a breakaway on 82 minutes to put it essentially to bed.
    Kanjeng will play the side they edged our in the league last season, Spandex FC in round three. Spandex remain in Division 5:21.

Would the Cup be the opportunity Witches of Chiswick have been looking for to end their long run without a win? A draw against a Division 5 side, i.e. one tier higher, like Club Ragazze said maybe not.
    The Bewitched were undeterred by this, and put in the sort of superb performance that manager Wiblflibl must pine to see more often. Chiswick were on top in every statisitical category, possession, chances and most importantly goals, Johanna Herrlin firing home from close range on 18 minutes and Terumi Ota doing likewise midway through the second half.
    Holding an unexpected lead going into a home second leg prompts questions for a side; do we continue to press on, or do we sit back and try and hold out? Chiswick opted for option B, which was looking good whilst the score remained goalless after 75 minutes, but less so when the aggregate scores were level ten minutes later. That turned into a new, rather similar difficult. Push on for the winner and risk conceding a killer third away goal? Again the Witches choice was the conservative one, but this time it worked out to the extent they survived to penalties.
    The spot kicks became tenser and tenser as each player stepped up and scored, with all of the original five of both teams finding the back of the net. Ragazze also converted their sixth attempt, which put the pressure on Chiswick’s Yayoi Urakami, under which she sadly buckled. A defeat that could have been a win, and a kick in the teeth for a side that really needs some results to boost morale.

Coxy Ladies Wulpen were after blue blood when they took on Royal Ladies FC.
    The opening leg at The Palace was all about the upstarts as The Waders uncouthly demanded they be the centre of attention. Janik’s side had already been making basically all the running prior to Eva van Sttenberghe headed opener on 37 minutes.
    Wulpen continued to push in the second half, shrugging off the loss of Ursula Madjarevic to a 10-day injury with fifteen minutes to play, Madjarevic’s replacement Aurelie Wostijn doubling the advantage within three minutes of coming on. It was three not long after this, and once again the scorer would not be involved in the game in close temporal proximity to their strike, but in this case it was because Noémie Kerckhoeven ran into Dick Tator and saw a second yellow a few minutes after scoring.
    Janik’s side just needed to avoid doing anything stupid on their return to Flanders, and managed to this efficiently. The Waders attacking play also used the least possible effort as they created two first half chances and made use of both, Laetitia Vandenbergh with the first and young forward Charlotte Beyen nodding in the second.
    Wulpen’s opponents at the next stage are Vasas Femina of Division 4p. The first leg will be in Flanders.

Round 3 draw - first listed teams home in opening leg

Code:
    Csiki Girls			vs	Yellow Black Brasov (3g)
    Coxy Ladies Wulpen		vs	Vasas Femina (4p)
    Erbil				vs	Independiente (5:3)
    Misconduct United (6:37)	vs	Sockford Emollient
    ZFK Nase Taksi (5:28)		vs	LNWR Locomotive
    SurteBohus FC (4e)		vs	Invisible Ladies
    Spandex FC (5:21)		vs	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC			
    Transmontanas Babes (5:28)	vs	Drakaina
    Wenches of Doom (3c)		vs	Solent Sirens
    Ykraina (5:31)			vs	Viking South Utsira
    Last edited by Janik; 25-12-2017, 12:13.

Comment

Ah, seeing Ryder (sent off) gives me a warm glow inside.

Comment

Epic stuff Janik; many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
          Ah, seeing Ryder (sent off) gives me a warm glow inside.
          Haha, I thought it was going to be former VSU keeper Ivy Ryder too, who nowadays plies her trade for Joe's Dublin City Womens. Unfortunately(?) not. Must be some relative of Jim Ryder though.

Fantastic work, Janik. Might I add to the reports logjam by plonking down a quick roundup of where the OTF League season is as we embark upon the return half of the campaign?

OTF
          The pigs are flying in the OTF top flight, Berkshire Swine soaring five points clear after defeating Wednesday de la Zouch for the second time in a row on Thursday. Wednesday remain 9th.
          Dandy Town are back up to 2nd after dispatching Banik Roystonov 2-0 at Moje Zahrada, who are four points below the safety line in 8th. The Dandies move ahead of Vita Mortis who lost 1-0 for the second time without pause to Csiki Monkeys. Mortis are now just four points ahead of both the 5th-placed Monkeys and 4th-placed Eriskay Expression, who downed Tønder BK 2-0 to keep the Danes bottom of the table by one goal.
          The most significant move of the day might have been by stuttering champions Amwythig Dragons, who won 2-0 at Great Ouse Town to climb above them to 6th. Ouse's encouraging early-season form has been stalled by a horrible run of midseason fixtures, which continue tonight when they visit Dandy Town.

Division 1
          Rejects Redux are back in the 0-0 groove of old, recording their third straight stalemate in holding unbeaten leaders Zeugmaspor. It drops the Rejects to 6th however, but Zeugma remain 5pts clear thanks to Belvedere Renyta drawing 1-1 at home to Nieuwegein Kneebiters.
          Four Candles draw level with BR and leapfrog Hideous Towns into 3rd after a superb come-from-behind 2-1 win at the Waveney Bowl.
          Hornville are a point behind Hideous and up to 5th via a 2-1 win at home to Athletico Deva. Deva remain 9th, but are now a point (rather than goal difference) from safety after the Kneebiters' draw. The 'Biters had lost five from their last six previously so will be grateful for a point that lifts them out of the dropzone at the expense of Turd Division, who were turned over 3-0 at bottom side Locomotiv Noj.

Division 2
          Brentford Triangle lead the way by a point in the third tier, edging out 4th-placed Great Northern Railway 2-1 at home on Thursday.
          GNR remain 2 points adrift of the promotion places though after the drama at Saltney Drawers, in the clash of the division's last two undefeated sides that saw 2nd-placed Drawers against 3rd-placed die Ambosse. Visiting goalie Barney MasAsgill was stretchered off in the very first minute, and the Anvils' unbeaten run promptly went with him as they succumbed 3-1. Saltney remain right on the shoulders of Triangle and now have a 5pt cushion back to third.
          Heffron Phoenix rise to 5th after a 3-1 win at home to struggling Wensleydale Blues, who remain 11th. Twice former league champs Steaua Bridge drop a place to 6th after a 1-1 draw with Pinewood Passers, who are still five points adrift of safety in 8th. In between them, OWC Albion strengthened their position with a 2-0 victory over winless bottom club Thorntree Star.

Division 3
          It's Brian Munchingflapjack setting the pace with an 8-2-0 record, despite dropping points for the first time in seven games in a 1-1 draw at home to 4th-placed Poplar Massive Crew.
          FC Blasé though shrugged at the golden opportunity to close the gap, losing to a penalty at Brutal Deluxe Reduxe and so remain 3 points behind. Clerkenwell Excelsior are 3 points behind them in 3rd after thrashing 8th-placed Kernow Kensa 3-0, and the win opens up a gap of 3 on Poplar.
          Deluxe remain 6th but draw level with 5th-placed AFC Harford thanks to the latter's 1-0 loss at home to Whoft Fluffopolis, who are two points further back in 7th.
          Result of the day came at previously pointless Wharfedale Generals, who defeated Intern Nazis On Ale 3-1 to leapfrog them off the bottom of the league.
          Last edited by Various Artist; 18-12-2017, 14:52.

Comment

Nice little round up VA, cheers.

Comment

Yes, nice work VA and mighty contributions as ever Janik (enjoying the PRs in OTF too).

The Swine aren't "soaring" quite so much this morning after scraping a 0-0 draw at home to the Monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                Result of the day came at previously pointless Wharfedale Generals, who defeated Intern Nazis On Ale 3-1 to leapfrog them off the bottom of the league.
                Wow, I'd missed this - WG's first victory in something like 58 competitive matches, plus a few friendlies...Truly outstanding dedication!

Comment

Division 1
                  Rejects Redux are back in the 0-0 groove of old, recording their third straight stalemate .
                  And it looked like they were going to notch up four consecutive 0-0 'results'. So, on 85 minutes, Four Candles took off their 'regular' striker to give 5 minutes' game time to newly promoted Bill MacFarlane (17), straight out of the Youth Academy two days ago...and he scores in the 86th minute with his first touch in the first team.....!! Apparently Bill has gone off with the younger members of the team to 'celebrate'....

Comment

Outstanding! Haven't looked at today's other results but you're going great guns Jdsx. Excellent point about the Generals before by the way – I feel I rather undersold the magnitude of their having achieved a victory, if anything. I also forgot to point out that Ambosse goalie Barney MacAsgill had an astronomical save percentage before being carried off injured in the first minute of their big game at Saltney on Thursday – something like 93% for the season if I remember correctly, which would have illustrated what a big loss it was for the Anvils.

I should try to knock out some OTF roundups more often. This type is a lot less effort than the Heineken ones I and HO were doing for ages! Janik's commitment to the Ladies continues to astound.

Comment

I should maybe rephrase that last sentence.

Comment

I should try to knock out some OTF roundups more often. This type is a lot less effort than the Heineken ones I and HO were doing for ages! Janik's commitment to the Ladies continues to astound.
                        What this one?

Actually I should knock out a Human League short-form over the break.

Comment

I also forgot to point out that Ambosse goalie Barney MacAsgill had an astronomical save percentage before being carried off injured in the first minute of their big game at Saltney on Thursday – something like 93% for the season if I remember correctly, which would have illustrated what a big loss it was for the Anvils.
                          Barney had kept 9 clean sheets in his 10 games before his injury. He'll be out for 6 games, which effectively turns our potential promotion season into a 'might stay up' one. In more fun goalless fact news, in eleven die Ambosse games so far this term, the away team is yet to score in the first half.

Great OTF round-up by the way VA. Not as epic as Janik's Ladies reports obviously (how do you do it Janik?), but enjoyable none the less.

Comment

Amwythig's win against Tonder means we are now top of the only table that really counts - away fixtures only.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post
                              Barney had kept 9 clean sheets in his 10 games before his injury. He'll be out for 6 games, which effectively turns our potential promotion season into a 'might stay up' one. In more fun goalless fact news, in eleven die Ambosse games so far this term, the away team is yet to score in the first half.
                              I feel I should apologise - I did actually choose 'bruise' in tactics. So - sorry - that wasn't the intended result.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post
                                Barney had kept 9 clean sheets in his 10 games before his injury. He'll be out for 6 games, which effectively turns our potential promotion season into a 'might stay up' one.

That may help to explain how my Blues managed to pick up a point against die Ambosse. Completely unexpected since I was anticipating another 3-0 or 4-0 hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                                  I feel I should apologise - I did actually choose 'bruise' in tactics. So - sorry - that wasn't the intended result.
                                  It's a perfectly legitimate tactic. I personally don't use it as it always appears to backfire on me, but I don't have a problem with opponents who choose to.

Comment

X11 Ladies League matchday 4 report.

Code:
                                    Division 2b

BUNDAS da GESTÃO 	1 - 1	Viking South Utsira
                                    Crowley 37'			Fudida 42'

Division 4h

Drakaina		1 - 0	November Revolution
                                    Barry 84'

Division 4i

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	3 - 1	PVFC Ladies
                                    Bjerre Nielsen 17', 34'		Ormelio 60'
                                    Leclercq 92'
                                    Vandenbergh (missed pen) 20'

Division 4k

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	1 - 2	SC Heerenveen
                                    Pailloux 33'			Frisk 76'
                                    				van der Pennen 84'

Division 5:16

LNWR Locomotive		0 - 2	SLB Femenino
                                    				Baggio 57', 82'

Division 6:4

Erbil			7 - 0	SG Münster Ladies
                                    Hinton 4', 8', 28', 31'
                                    Besen 13', 57'			Panovic (sent off) 75'
                                    Brundin 21'

Division 6:39

Sockford Emollient	1 - 0	Newcastle United F.C.
                                    Conrad 56'

Division 6:41

Tagalog Ladys 		0 - 1	Invisible Ladies
                                    				Paul 78'

Division 6:42

Mariebergs IK 		0 - 2	Solent Sirens
                                    				Stieglecker 21'
                                    				de Beauvoir 26'
                                    				Högardh (sent off) 83'

Witches of Chiswick	4 - 0	Riverwood Town FC
                                    Herrlin 14'
                                    Kurisawa 34'
                                    Ota 45', 57'

Division 6:56

Orangeries 		1 - 2	Menywod Maeshafn
                                    Forlan 27'			van Hijde 72'
                                    				Westerberg 83'

Division 6:57

Dublin City Womens FC	2 - 0	Killer Queens
                                    Isabel Carreto 37'
                                    Dunganstown 78'

Division 6:62

FC Dealu 		0 - 3	Csiki Girls
                                    				Gränsmark 39, 82'
                                    				Clevan 61'
                                    Viking South Utsira were looking to build on an opening league win in their previous game when they made their way to BUNDAS da GESTÃO.
                                    The Blood Eagles had the majority of possession in an opening half of few chances, but it was the hosts who took the lead marginally against the run of play on 37 minutes. However this advantage didn’t last long, Manuças Fudida drawing Velvet Android’s side level just five minutes later.
                                    The second half saw Viking on top, but with chances going begging. It looked like Asta Austrheim had put an end to the heartache in stoppage time when she turned home, but there was a natural shock in store as Frank Redkard postponed the devoutly wished consummation by disallowing the strike.
                                    Utsira remain third in Division 2b, despite the points that got away. They are only one point off the play-offs, but, in an extremely tight section, are also just one ahead of their opponents in this one, who currently occupy next-to-bottom place!

Having got their season underway against the local zombie last time out, Drakaina were looking for a ‘proper’ win to add to it when they took on November Revolution.
                                    The visitors may have been Bolshie, but they didn’t cause The Dragons any particular problems. In fact this game was all Drakaina, with just the question of when the winning goal would come. It still wasn’t there at half-time, despite a three shot first-half for Etienne’s girls. Nor was it at the hour, at 75 minutes, 80... But finally, with 84 on the clock, Susanna Barry read where the ball would drop from a corner and gleefully hammered home.
                                    The win didn’t see The Dragons move up any spots in the Division 4h standings as they remain fifth. However points-wise the position is better as the gap back to sixth has now opened up to two points, the same as the margin keeping them from the play-off place.

Coxy Ladies Wulpen also came into matchday 4 looking to back up an opening win when they welcomed Glasgow side PVFC Ladies to the Curlew’s Nest.
                                    The Waders put together a fast start, Nanna Bjerre Nielsen’s long range scorcher putting her side in front of just 17 minutes. Three minutes later it could and probably should have been two when Wulpen were awarded a penalty, only for Laetitia Vandenbergh to miss from 12 yards.
                                    No matter, Bjerre Nielsen produced a carbon copy of her opener after 34 minutes to extend the advantage. PVFC pulled one back on the hour to put manager Janik on tenterhooks, until stoppage time, when Alicia Leclercq nodded in a corner to make the points safe.
                                    Like Drakaina, this win also did nothing to raise Coxy Ladies league position, they remain fifth in Division 4i, but as with The Dragons the points situation became healthier. There is now a two point cushion on the drop zone, though the distance to the second possible promotion place is a little greater in this sector at four.

That winning breakthrough for Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC was still to happen ahead of their game against SC Heerenveen.
                                    The Merapi-Kraton-South Sea crowd would have been cautiously optimistic it was about to arrive when their side led 1-0 at the interval thanks to Adèle Pailloux’s 33rd minute effort. The Sea Spirits were still clinging on to that advantage with 15 minutes to play, but it was becoming an increasingly desperate rearguard action for SeanoftheShed’s charges and one destined to fail, the Friesian visitors finally equalising on 76 minutes and then adding a sucker punch winner on 84.
                                    Another week to wait for The Sea Spirits, who remain at the foot of the Division 4k table. Their single point gained to date leaves them four from safety.

LNWR Locomotive have struggled to get a head of steam up so far this season. Their latest attempt to end the wheel-spinning came against SLB Femenino.
                                    The first half was mostly waiting in vain on the empty platform as neither side created any chances. There was more activity to pique the interest after the break, but unfortunately none of the significant aspects were positive from The Steamers perspective as the only entries on the scoresheet were two direct free-kicks from the visitors (both scored by Baggio).
                                    Defeat saw Viktor Boskovic’s side slump down to seventh in Division 5:16, though they should be able to move forward next week when they take on the managerless outfit who sit beneath them in the standings.

Comment

No such travails for Erbil as Jdsx’s side already topped the Division 6:4 table prior to hosting zombies SG Münster Ladies.
                                      Any vague doubts about the outcome of this were quickly put to bed when Caroline Hinton struck twice in the opening eight minutes. Tülin Besen added a third and Sandra Brundin a fourth before Hinton took her personal tally to four by the 31st minute.
                                      There was a pause for breath and possibly a quick snooze from the hosts up until half-time, and then a burst of slightly more strenuous activity after the break which ended with Besen making it seven, at which point Erbil moreorless declared. Alanza Solaun did have the ball in the net for an eighth but it was disallowed, which gave Erbil all the info they needed, so they deigned to pass up the chance for further goals following the sending off of Münster’s Sandra Panovic with a quarter-of-an-hour to play.
                                      More was frankly unnecessary as Erbil already possessed the best goal difference in their section anyway, to go alongside the only 100% record. They sit three points clear of second and six ahead of third.

Sockford Emollient are also barrelling along at the moment. The latest side to try and test their form were Newcastle United F.C.
                                      The first half saw Emollient vaguely on top but not really pushing it too hard. Maybe things would have been different on that if Terese Bjerkefors’ 5th minute effort had stood. No matter though, because Foxy265’s charges stepped it up several notches after the break, so that when Maci Conrad’s 56th minute strike arrived it could hardly be termed a surprise [but then when has Newcastle United conceding shocked anyone?].
                                      With the Magpies offering little up front that strike was enough to give Sockford the win and keep them second in the Division 6:39 table, just two points behind the leaders.

What end of the Division 6:41 table will Invisible Ladies compete at? That was the question essentially at stake when Pebblethefish’s girls visited Tagalog Ladys.
                                      The first half was evenly balanced (i.e. scoreless and mostly chanceless) but it was the See-Throughs who put themselves in the limelight after the break. A number of chances were created, and this pressure was enough to force the decisive breakthrough, Chelsea Paul nodding home the game’s only goal after 78 minutes.
                                      It was a win that opened up a three point gap between the sides, with Invisible climbing to third in the table, two points off the play-offs whilst Tagalog (who had started the day level on points with The See-Throughs) drop to sixth spot.

Solent Sirens are bouncing strongly back following relegation last term. Their latest assignment came at Mariebergs IK.
                                      Mariebergs are actually managerless, but appear to be one of those very strong squads that is still dangerous even without a boss at the helm. They stood in mid-table, mostly thanks to points against the two other zombies in the section, but also without a goal conceded all season. Solent consequently found chances somewhat thin on the ground, creating just three in the first half. The good news for manager Andrew7610 was that Marlene Stieglecker and Simone de Beauvoir converted two of them.
                                      It was even tighter after the break, with just one further chance (unconverted) for The Sirens. Maybe the game would have flowed better without Dick Tator in charge. He was dishing out cards like confetti as is his wont, with the unluckiest player being Solent’s Evelyn Högardh, who collected two of them for utterly innocuous fouls. She will now miss a match with suspension. Which is annoying.
                                      It’s been a long, long while since Witches of Chiswick won a league match but The Bewitched had a chance they surely wouldn’t pass up against bottom-placed zombie Riverwood Town FC.
                                      The determination in Wiblflibl’s charges was evident from a first half full of energy and shots. And goals. The first arrived on 14 minutes, Johanna Herrlin crashing home from range to the joy and relief of the Field Lane crowd. Mari Kurisawa removed any remaining stress with a second on 34 minutes, heading in a corner and when Terumi Ota did likewise on the stroke of half-time the atmosphere turned positively festive.
                                      Ota nodded home a fourth after 57 minutes as Chiswick slowed up after the break to savour that winning feeling after over a season’s waiting. The three points boosted The Bewitched out of the Division 6:42 drop zone, raising them up to fifth. Meanwhile Solent sit second in the table, two points behind the leaders and one ahead of third.

Just one point separated Division 6:56 leaders Menywod Maeshafn from hosts Orangeries ahead of their top-of-the-table clash.
                                      The evidence of the first half was that it wouldn’t be Maeshafn’s day, as IsThactherDeadYet’s side edged the chances, but found themselves 1-0 down at the interval and had also suffered the blow of a 10-day injury to key midfielder Monalisa Corleone. However the Welsh side came out galvanised after the break, looking to squash their hosts. The pummelling eventually made the pips squeak, Elodie van Hijde netting a direct free-kick on 72 minutes and man-of-the-match Ada Westerberg grabbing the winner on 83.
                                      When the leaders win against second-place they would have to be extremely unlucky not to stay top. That didn’t apply here, Maeshafn remaining at the summit, with an advantage extended from one point to two.

A couple of recent defeats meant that Dublin City Womens FC were looking to get their season back on track against Killer Queens.
                                      The first half saw Dublin exerting substantial pressure but not able to turn that into many clear cut chances. Just two of them in fact, but the one that was fashioned on 37 minutes was a good one. Ana Isabel Carreto heading home. It was a similar theme in the second-half as Mortal Joe’s side came close to monopolising the ball and continued to find the Killer Queens rearguard hard to break down. But when they did, they did so decisively as a second telling cross was nodded home by Brady Dunganstown.
                                      And that was all she wrote. The win saw the sides swap places as Dublin climbed to fifth in the Division 6:57 standings.

A draw for Csiki Girls last week had seen Ad Hoc’s side drop to two points behind table toppers FC Dealu, making this meeting of the sides a perfect chance to close (and indeed reverse) the gap.
                                      There was a clear determination to take the opportunity among the Csiki Girls as they completely controlled the first half. Their dominance was rewarded on 39 minutes when Emelie Gränsmark burst away to open the scoring. However three minutes later there was a blow for the Csiki’s as first choice ‘keeper Emma Laude picked up a 12-day knock. This brought on lightly used replacement Trudi Wilding for her seasonal debut.
                                      Any concerns that Wilding would be exposed were put to one side by the Csiki’s outfielders, who continued to exert a stranglehold on the game. Another slew of chances were created (taking it to 10 in total for the 90 minutes), with two more goals resulting from Ellie Clevan on 61 minutes and a second for Gränsmark on 82. For the record Wilding did see off the sole Dealu attempt of the match.
                                      The victory not only saw The Csiki’s leapfrog Dealu, but also the team that began the day in second as they were held to a draw. Which means Csiki Girls are top! Long may that continue.

Comment

I've quit they J4GL today and have asked again to be freed from the Xpert Zone as 9 teams were a little too much and I wasn't really enjoying them. If I've got spare quota I might head back to the Xpert Ladies just to be included in those epic reports that Janik produces.

Sel_Ayan is now the 5th best manager in Turkey. He's got three teams and is cheating in every single one of them in exactly the same way.

Comment

Sorry to see you leave the Xpert Zone AE, but I can understand your rationale - considering I've just culled to seven and am loving it. The J4GL is the one I regret, but only because it's a great league, not because I want to go back up to eight.

As for Sel_ayan, good news if he's doing it in the Pro League as that's a bit more traceable. And it does look as though he is, looking at his recent sales there.

Comment

I'm now back in the Xpert Ladies and don't plan on entering any scribble debates. I've checked through Janik's reports and found the other 13 OTFers, all supported now but apologies if I've missed anyone.

VA if you're available for kits could you possibly design a red and black one, reversible for the change kit. I'll take any design but if you need a starting point I'll say chessboard as I've not had one of them before.

Comment

Fernanda Parreira was recently shown by TV replays to have clearly dived in order to try and win a penalty. He is lambasted in the press and social media, and the subsequent backlash causes him to lose quite a lot of form.

And being consistently referred to as male throughout the whole furore didn't please her greatly.

Comment

Sans Culottes managed to avoid relegation from the Xpert Zone on goal difference after managing a dramatic draw. Seasoned Xpert Zone watchers will be pleased that boost abusers PSG were pipped to the title by Kattflon Utd.

Comment

Meanwhile in the Heineken a desperate season has led to Sark deciding to cash in on their biggest assets including 27m worth Damiano Sarti 21/12 . He's reached 19m so far.

Comment

http://www.xperteleven.com/xpertelev...154&Omg=5&dh=1

Team of the round, 10 out of 11 plus manager of the round. That's some return I think.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X