No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back to the Human League Foxy, and DM it will be great to see you in X11, and the Human League again. There isn't a vacancy yet but the season only ended yesterday and usually one or two drop off. If you're OK to wait you'll be next.

Les Sangliers DVs:

Petitdemange 24/11 > 17

de la Roche 33/11 > 12
    Châtillon 28/11 > 13
    de Vande 25/10 > 14
    de Laon 21/8 > 17
    de Bouterou 17/4 > 16

Colon 36/12 > 6 RETIRING
    Alliot 35/9 > 8
    Du Rochechouart 33/10 > 11
    de Croÿ 25/12 > 15
    de Lamoignon 22/8 > 17
    Tankoua 21/8 > 15
    Tallien 17/4 > 15

van der Werve 20/6 16
    Castagne 19/6 16

OK

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
      You'd be very welcome back dm, as long as you are sure.

I've not received an application from dglh for Sinners Never Sleep, so not sure if he still wants them. So they could be available for you or Foxy
      I'll happily wait until the start of a new OTF season as I've already got 4 teams to muck around with. Great to see you back DM.

Comment

Welcome back Foxy and DM!

Comment

DM, it would be great to see you back, especially added straight to the joy of welcoming Foxy back on board.

Just jumping in quickly here, if you've got any roster space free for a bit do you think you might fancy doing me a tiny favour and consider applying to my league The Brythonnic Premiership temporarily? We're in between seasons and I need one person to fill in briefly at a vacant side in order to set up the new season with all the teams intact.

It's Fourth Division outfit FC St George Knights, whose recently-departed manager I can't simply reactivate for the occasion as he's got his full quota of teams elsewhere now. I could kick you out again – gently, and with no penalty points to your manager rating – as soon as tomorrow once I'd pressed the big Go button for the new campaign.

Or, of course, you could stay on if you wish, which would be delightful needless to say, but that's entirely up to you!

Comment

There are some experiences I am not keen to make. Today I had a game with Firhouse Fighters against FC Hollywood in the House of Trousers League. Third (us) against the second. And as far I remember it was the first time that my keeper has been man-marked. And, of course, he got crooked and is out for 14 days. It was my only goalie, so I have to get another one. I think I never saw that done against me and as far as I remember I haven't done it either. Fortunately, our midfielder who got in goal instead did a good job and we got a late goal for the win.

Comment

Joe, I had my keeper man-marked a couple of weeks ago - fortunately in this case he got away without injury, but I did wonder about my opponent's thought process given his team didn't manage to generate a shot on goal during the game. One felt this rather rendered the tactic redundant.

Anyway, the switcheroo in the Brythonnic is complete, with Foxy back in charge at Nyth Wobbegong. If anyone fancies a trip to Snowdonia for a friendly against Tremadog Twitchers, you'd be more than welcome.

Comment

That's great news delicatemoth, welcome back.

So that leaves one more manager to return, Kev, what do you reckon?

Comment

There isn't a vacancy yet but the season only ended yesterday and usually one or two drop off. If you're OK to wait you'll be next.

Which season? OTF, Human League or both? I'm fine waiting for either/both and I'm fine taking over an existing team or starting a new one - whichever is most convenient for the league.

Just logged in to see AFC Beloved Of Inanna and Loki's Giants (my former official league teams) are still available, which seems slightly sad. I've no plans to go anywhere other than the two leagues I mentioned though. Too many teams was probably a factor in my burning out before. So Etienne, yes I'm sure. If I start to express an interest in more teams, someone please remind me of this post.

It's Fourth Division outfit FC St George Knights, whose recently-departed manager I can't simply reactivate for the occasion

OK, I've applied for them. I don't want to keep them though, sorry - reasons as described above.

Comment

In OTF you can take over Sinners Never Sleep now.

Comment

The Human League has just finished DM.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                        It's Fourth Division outfit FC St George Knights, whose recently-departed manager I can't simply reactivate for the occasion

OK, I've applied for them. I don't want to keep them though, sorry - reasons as described above.
                        That's brilliant, thanks for the help DM. I've just accepted your application, and hopefully I'll flip the switch to get the new season up and running tonight. You should have your roster slot back tomorrow, although I realise you're not likely to be actually wanting use it judging by what you say above! Will be cracking to see you back in The Human League, meanwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                          That's great news delicatemoth, welcome back.

So that leaves one more manager to return, Kev, what do you reckon?
                          Clive.

Comment

There isn't a vacancy yet but the season only ended yesterday and usually one or two drop off. If you're OK to wait you'll be next.

Which season? OTF, Human League or both? I'm fine waiting for either/both and I'm fine taking over an existing team or starting a new one - whichever is most convenient for the league.
                            The Human League DM. I'll alert you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                              Clive.
                              Ah yes, another lurker who should return. We miss the both of them. HORN would be another to tempt back as would Rick Derris who started this all. He did have a team briefly many seasons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                In OTF you can take over Sinners Never Sleep now.
                                Cool. Can you tell me how to find it? The search for a league feature comes up blank for me.

Edit - found it on the other thread and applied.

Edit edit - oh for fuck's sake this Brythonnic League team has a player called London Underground but he's retiring.

OK, I'm taking this Brythonnic League team over too. But Harry Kane, Jonathan Creek, John Kerry and Richard fucking Hammond are out the DOOR. And they are not going to stay as FC Saint George Knights.

Three teams then and that is absolutely it.
                                Last edited by delicatemoth; 11-09-2017, 13:49.

Comment

That's great news DM.

Comment

Just gone through the pending AC Rolandina (the Brythonnic League team) like a whirlwind, I think initial enthusiasm should carry me through one season at least.

Comment

X11 Ladies League season 49, matchday 4 report. The 250th since I started numbering them...

Code:
                                      Division 3e

Hammer Throwers 		4 - 2	Viking South Utsira
                                      Rapajic 33', 73'			Jönsson 28'
                                      Rojo 76'				Fudida 83'
                                      Hasselbom 87'

Division 4h

Drakaina			2 - 0	Gazzas Gals
                                      Atum (pen) 21'
                                      Sietaridis 83'

Division 5:17

Michael Michael Micky doo	2 - 1	LNWR Locomotive
                                      Jorge 42'				Vilhena 83'
                                      Farzani 75'

Division 5:18

Northern Soul Ladies 		1 - 2	Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                      Boxall 44'				van Sttenberghe 67'
                                      					Mahony 76'

Division 5:21

Girls Aloud			0 - 0	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC

Solent Sirens			0 - 2	Victorious Secret
                                      					Cupar 47'
                                      					Miranda 52'

Spandex FC			3 - 1	Witches of Chiswick
                                      Pawinska 22'				Flinn 81'
                                      Rajoy 78'				Altstrand (sent off) 86'
                                      Ingesson 89'

Division 5:31

Lady Chatterley F. C. 		2 - 0	Csiki Girls
                                      Cãpsunaru 85', 91'
                                      					Israca (sent off) 84'

Division 6:41

Gaz Metan Medias 		1 - 2	Invisible Ladies
                                      Shuttlewood (O.G.) 87'			Oven 21'
                                      					Carr 62'

Division 6:55

Menywod Maeshafn		0 - 0	Frajle

Division 6:57

Killer Queens 			0 - 3	Dublin City Womens FC
                                      					Kamide 27', 53', 70'
                                      Viking South Utsira stepped up to The Circle as they looked to maintain their leadership of Division 3e at Hammer Throwers.
                                      The Blood Eagles were the first to register a significant mark, Moa Jönsson swirling in a direct free-kick on 28 minutes but Hammer Throwers responded on basically the next turn with an equaliser. As the competition progressed there were a number of near things for the hosts, with Velvet Android’s side riding their luck to still be level. However this eventually came to an end in the 73rd minute, and one good chuck was swiftly followed by another on 76.
                                      Manuças Fudida pulled one back on 83 minutes to raise Viking’s hopes of grabbing an against-the-run-of-play point, but the hosts were swiftly back two in front and the margin proved too great for VSU to overcome. They slip to second in the table as a result.

The lack of a regular ‘keeper had proved too big a handicap for Drakaina last time out, so Dragons fans were pleased to see Anastasia Shkolnikova back for the visit of Gazzas Gals.
                                      Shkolnikova had little to do to earn her appearance bonus as it happens, Etienne’s side looking in control of the match from the outset. The opening goal came from the spot, Silvia Atum converting after 21 minutes, and a clinching second arrived towards the end from the boot of Laria Sietaridis.
                                      The one blot on the day for the Delphi fans was a horrible, 23-day, injury suffered by midfielder Susanna Barry late on. While she is out, her teammates will try and consolidate and build on the third place in Division 4h this win lifted them into.

Just a single point separated LNWR Locomotive from sectional leaders Michael Michael Micky doo prior to The Steamers trip to Scotland.
                                      Locomotive’s were on the back foot in terms of preventing that margin growing as M3d pushed them back for much of the match, the pressure resulting in a goal for the hosts just before the interval. What The Steamers needed were breaks, both in terms of chances on the counter-attack and also luck. The first was present, with chances for LNWR in both halves, the second less so as an ‘equaliser ‘ early in the second-half from Phrigit Heart was chalked off by Hans Grüber.
                                      Grüber’s decision was to prove costly for Viktor Boskovic’s side as their hosts made it two with a quarter-of-an-hour remaining, and though Corália Vilhena pulled one back in the last ten minutes, the die had been cast.
                                      LNWR remain fourth despite the loss, but are now so in a Division 5:17 table that looks to be developing into three strata; a top three, who all have ten points from their first four games, a mid-table pair that includes Locomotive with six and then a bottom three with no wins and just three points between them.

First against third was the order of the day for Coxy Ladies Wulpen’s visit to Northern Soul Ladies.
                                      Things looked grim for The Waders during a first half where they had lots of possession to little effect (discounting an early disallowed strike by Lien Valcke) and were being picked off repeatedly on the counter. The hosts string of chances ultimately culminated in a deserved lead on the stroke of half-time.
                                      Wulpen would have to mount any comeback without the help of midfielder Zara Carey, who had been stretchered off with an 18-day injury just before the half-hour. However this might have been a blessing in disguise as it was Carey’s replacement, Eva van Sttenberghe, who drew her side level midway through the second half. Given the balance of play, manager Janik might (would!) have been very happy to escape with a draw, but his side had other ideas going one better when Moreen Mahony’s direct free-kick on 76 minutes stole an unlikely win.
                                      The Waders two goals came from their only two shots of the day, emphasising how lucky they had been. It was fortunate that now sees them two points clear at the summit of Division 5:18.

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC’s trip to Girls Aloud would prove a mundane affair as the two teams mostly cancelled each other out.
                                      The Sea Spirits had two openings during the match, but couldn’t convert either. The defence was good mind, only giving up one chance across the piece as Etienne’s side preserved their unbeaten record in the league this season.
                                      By contrast it’s been a somewhat slow start for Solent Sirens, and one that didn’t look likely to get any easier when leaders Victorious Secret came a-visiting.
                                      Adnrew7610’s side gave as good as they got in most aspect, but the important one – scoreline. That was determined by two Secret strikes in the opening minutes of the second-half. Any chance The Sirens had of recovery disappeared when Angela Cruchaga was denied by a dubious whistle on 73 minutes.
                                      Witches of Chiswick have also found the season-to-date a struggle, so probably could have done with an easier game than a visit to Spandex FC.
                                      The Bewitched took rather a battering in general play in the first half, to the point where manager Wiblflibl would have been relieved to reach the interval only one down. The second period was a touch more even, but even so it was no great shock when Spandex extended their lead on 78 minutes.
                                      However there was life in Chiswick yet, Kathryn Flinn nodding home on 81 to get them back into the game. That lasted for five minutes, up until Sarah Altstrand saw a second yellow card of the day. In her absence Spandex quickly added a third to finish the job off.
                                      Not a great day for the OTF side. And not a great look to the Division 5:21 table as two of them sit in the last two spots, Solent in seventh with three points and Chiswick eighth with two. The safety mark is currently at four points. Kanjeng are slightly ahead of that, having six from their first four games to sit fourth.

Three games, three draws, one scored and one conceded was how Csiki Girls record read after a cautious start to the season.
                                      They were on course for a fourth split pot at Lady Chatterley F. C., up until the 84th minute when Liraz Israca saw red for a second yellow of the day. Within a minute the hosts had scored, and as manager ad hoc waved his 10 players forward in search of an injury-time equaliser, Chatterley broke and scored again.
                                      Defeat sees The Csiki’s slip to seventh in Division 5:31, two points from safety.

Getting back on track after a set-back was the aim for Invisible Ladies. A trip to bottom-of-the-table Gaz Metan Medias looked ideal.
                                      21 minutes in Assina Oven struck from range to give The See-Throughs the lead. However the goal avalanche that sometimes comes against zombies didn’t follow (Gaz Metan seem to be reasonably solid defensively), with just a further strike by Charlene Carr on 62 minutes. Well, there was one more goal by an Invisible player, but Aileen Shuttlewood’s ‘strike’ on 87 minutes was at the wrong net, and meant a fretful period for manager Pebblethefish.
                                      There are no bonus points for size of win in Football, meaning that the performance and the scoreline of this can be forgotten about as maximum points were secured. They keep The See-Throughs third in Division 6:41.

There were rumours that manager IsThatcherDeadYet hadn’t been spotted in town as his Menywod Maeshafn safe took on bottom-placed Frajle.
                                      It was a match the Welsh outfit really needed to win, but lacking direction also meant an absence of cutting edge as 66% possession across the piece somehow resulted in no shots attempted. The slight silver lining for Maeshafn fans was that ‘keeper Hannele Sundvall wasn’t about to be beaten by Frajle’s two efforts.
                                      Stalemate meant that Mashafn remain seventh in Division 6:55, two points from safety.

After a long period of darkness, Dublin City Womens FC are definitely blinking into the light as they came into the match at Killer Queens looking for their fifth straight win in all competitions.
                                      Mortal Joe’s side made the running, what there was of it. He also had a player in the team, Ai Kamide, fed up with Bodil Thörnberg at her expense. Did the manager have sympathy with this view point, or was it simply all about team balance? Whatever the causes Thörnberg started on the bench, which gave Kamide the captains armband and the motivation to play at her very best.
                                      The end result was a hattrick for Kamide, all headers, on the 27th, 53th and 70th minutes. The win kept Dublin third in Division 6:57, three points behind the 100% leading pair.

Comment

DM I hope you're only renaming those players not getting rid.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                          DM I hope you're only renaming those players not getting rid.
                                          Sorry Sits, I don't follow. If you mean the ones from the BL team, why is that? Are they a project of yours?
                                          Last edited by delicatemoth; 12-09-2017, 01:47.

Comment

Cool. Can you tell me how to find it? The search for a league feature comes up blank for me.

Edit - found it on the other thread and applied.

Edit edit - oh for fuck's sake this Brythonnic League team has a player called London Underground but he's retiring.

OK, I'm taking this Brythonnic League team over too. But Harry Kane, Jonathan Creek, John Kerry and Richard fucking Hammond are out the DOOR. And they are not going to stay as FC Saint George Knights.

Three teams then and that is absolutely it.
                                            So I can't interest you in joining the Heineken League then?
                                            I can't imagine why you would want to change a team called FC St George's Knights and get rid of a player called Richard Hammond...

Comment

And welcome back, by the way.

Comment

Bit of a disastrous CR for Lysistrata in The Human League (formerly part of the Sinners Never Sleep franchise) - the consequence of serious neglect throughout most of the season! Total skill increase is 9, total skill reduction 10! One of my veterans went from 36/9 to 37/6....(sad face). However, there are a couple of DJs, so now need to think carefully about whether to sell them in order to raise cash to buy some half-decent veterans or not. Well I like a challenge! We're currently sitting top of the Team of the Month charts, so I'm just hoping the new season won't start until 1st October....

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                                  One of my veterans went from 36/9 to 37/6....(sad face).
                                                  I have never seen that a player lost 3 bars after a CR, you learn something new every day, even if you do not like it.

The Change Report for Chapelizod Hornets was a mixed bag. We did not get any double jumps, most annoyingly Nessa Braden and Naoise Lunny did not get a jump at all, which is kind of sad and a bit unexpected. Otherwise, two of the older players joined last season, defender Linda Luci and midfielder Chus Hierro won a bar, which was a nice surprise. Another surprise is that Claudia Sergio and Kathy Williams, both on 6 and 7 DV did not lose any skill bar. Unfortunately, Kathy Williams decided to call it a day at the end of next season. Soraya Rodriguez and Flavia Cazan, the two youngsters in midfield and offence, jumped despite 14 and 15 DV. So, we cannot celebrate and we cannot really complain, that is a bit annoying.

And I just realized this morning that Gloria Dino Cruz got the award and prize money for best points and best scoring goals. For our chronically cash-starved team, this is really nice.

But this leaves me with a headache what to do for the next season.

Comment

Sorry Sits, I don't follow. If you mean the ones from the BL team, why is that? Are they a project of yours?
                                                    No - I just thought you were sacking them purely because of their names, which can be changed.

Actually,?I think I've done my usual thing and made simple things complicated.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X