X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
    Other league admins will be getting requests from a foxy265 whose already gone VIP. Expect a slew of name changes in the forthcoming weeks.
    Excellent stuff - friended. If you're interested in MLX, we've a couple of vacancies currently.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
      Oh, I don't want it. Nor do I want a new team particularly. Just as I am under a different nomme de plume i thought I should give some form of indication.

Happy to take over a team however works, though wouldn't want to step into nmrfox's toes. I have a Heineken team to be working with anyway.
      I didn't realise you had signed up dglh. I've had a few new managers in the last few days, which one are you?

Foxy, you have been accepted. Lisboa Sport Clube in HLC4 if anyone wants to fan him.

Comment

dglh is Overtoom Coffee Shop

Comment

Sorted.

Comment

SDR entirely up to you of course, and I do genuinely appreciate the earlier gesture, but if you do wish to relinquish Nyth Wobbegong in the Brythonnic league, then I'm now in a position to retake them back up. If you want to keep hold of them then I entirely understand and I'll happily wait until the next team becomes available.

Comment

There's half a dozen or so teams available foxy so you'll not have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                SDR entirely up to you of course, and I do genuinely appreciate the earlier gesture, but if you do wish to relinquish Nyth Wobbegong in the Brythonnic league, then I'm now in a position to retake them back up. If you want to keep hold of them then I entirely understand and I'll happily wait until the next team becomes available.
                No problem Foxy - we've got one more game to play on Tuesday, I'd like to see the season to a conclusion before handing over the reins if that's ok? A point against  Zeugma Gençlik should seal the division title.

@VA - I think I'll move across to one of the lesser teams at the bottom end of the league.

Comment

Well I've done something that I've never seen before, won 9-0.

http://www.xperteleven.com/gameDetai...=14448840&dh=1

Comment

Yes, I've not seen that before from what I can remember. Walkover in their next match though, with only 7 players available.

Comment

That's going to be the fifth time this season that they've gifted a walkover. I'm sure it was Kevchenko who worked out how they Golden League could get rid of a division and lose nothing, the lower tiers are just full of zombies.

Comment

Yes, possibly by now they need to get rid of two tiers, division six also being full of zombies.

Comment

X11 Ladies League season 49, matchday 3 report.

Code:
                          Division 3e

Viking South Utsira	1 - 0	PVFC Ladies
                          B.Klovning 24'

Division 4h

Watergate Bay Surfers 	4 - 2	Drakaina
                          Koopman 36'			Atum 30'
                          De Cock 41'			Vulturescu 59'
                          Rojo 70'
                          Henriques 83'

Division 5:17

Gastele 		2 - 1	LNWR Locomotive
                          Rice 38'			Tashdjian 72'
                          Astermark 78'

Division 5:18

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	4 - 0	Merched Efo Peli
                          Bjerre Nielsen 57'
                          Carey 73'
                          Leclercq 78'
                          Wostijn 90'

Division 5:21

Solent Sirens		2 - 0	Witches of Chiswick
                          de Beauvoir 3'
                          Cruchaga 34'

Spandex FC 		1 - 1	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                          Sarasua (pen) 91'		Willockx 59'

Division 5:31

Csiki Girls		0 - 0	47 RONIN GIRLS

Division 6:41

Invisible Ladies	2 - 3	Aveley Ladies F.C
                          Nádasdy 37'			Hagberg 16'
                          Björkgren 91'			Lemes 84'
                          				Rain 89'
                          				Whittle (missed pen) 63'

Division 6:55

Menywod Maeshafn	0 - 1	ZFK Nase Taksi
                          				Tryggestad 48'

Division 6:57

Ein Spooilley FC 	0 - 5	Dublin City Womens FC
                          				Kamide 29', 36', 76'
                          				Isabel Carreto 81'
                          				Cruz 91'

Comment

Matchday 3 brought Viking South Utsira into confrontation with PVFC Ladies, who don’t appear to be associated with Port Vale FC despite the unusual initials.
                            What they have been is a Division 2 side for an incredibly long time, 10 consecutive seasons, prior to relegation in their 11th try and the third tier last term. In a league structure that sees slightly over half of each Division go up or down each season, that sort of stability is very unusually. However the wheels have now appeared to have come off, and they entered this game with the Blood Eagles bottom of the table, whilst Velvet Android’s girls sat second.
                            It took just over half of the first period for Viking to make the match reflect the different trajectories of the two sides, Britta Klovning netting directly from a free kick (has she been promoted over Lurdes Quental, VA?!?). And that was that for scoring, with few other chances in the match.
                            The win saw VSU climb to top spot in Division 3e, as previous leaders La République de Random suffered a surprise home defeat.

Bottom against second was also the order of the day as Drakaina travelled to Watergate Bay Surfers.
                            The outcome would be rather different, though the match started on a similar course as the OTF side, who were the second-placed outfit, took the lead with a direct free-kick around the half-hour mark, Silvia Atum getting the strike for The Dragons. Things diverged in the final minutes before the intervals as Watergate struck twice to lead at the break, and though a worked set piece which saw Atum tee up young superstar Florica Vulturescu drew Etienne’s side back level again, another two goal salvo by the hosts sealed the result.
                            Drakaina plunged down the Division 4h table after the defeat, sliding from second to fifth.

Another side looking to maintain a fast start were LNWR Locomotive, who sat second in the Division 5:17 table before their match at Gastele.
                            The Steamers were stuck in a siding in the first half, holding just 40% possession and conceding a couple of chances to the hosts, one of which was converted for an interval lead. Some frantic stoking at half-time built pressure, which Locomotive let off with a shriek on 72 minutes when Taleen Tashdjian equalised. However, try as one might, it is sometimes impossible to claw back the timetable despite your best efforts. Something similar happened here as Gastelle struck again and there was no second equaliser for Viktor Boskovic’s side, despite ample opportunities.
                            LNWR drop down the table to sit fourth following this result.

Yet another second-place side were Coxy Ladies Wulpen. Their opponents were a side they have a significant back catalogue against, Merched Efo Peli.
                            The first half was a bit of an oddity, as The Waders dominated the ball but created no chances, whilst Peli did manage a shot. The second would also prove a bit bizarre, though not at first as Wulpen moved one ahead through Nanna Bjerre Nielsen’s strike. Things kicked up a gear following a disallowed equaliser for Peli, with The Waders responding with two strikes in quick succession from Zara Carey and Alicia Leclercq, both setting up each other. At this stage Peli’s normally reliable ‘keeper had saved on shot from four on target. This became one from five when Aurelie Wostijn gave the final scoreline a gloss that Janik’s side really didn’t merit on the game.
                            There was more unexpected positivity for Coxy Ladies after the game as previous Division 5:18 leaders Northern Soul Ladies lost a thriller, which meant that The Waders win sees them take over top spot.

Something had to give in the Solent Sirens vs Witches of Chiswick match as The Sirens had come in pointless and The Bewitched goalless, records which were mutually exclusive to continue existing.
                            The relatively futility of both those records was possibly emphasised by the opening goal as Simone de Beauvoir’s mishit third minute shot spun agonisingly beyond the reach of Ellie Ingram and her scrambling defenders. Chiswick then marched down the other end, created a good opening for Kathryn Flinn but her driven shot was well wide.
                            Ingram produced a typically high class save on 14 minutes as she spread herself to block de Beauvoir’s powerful header with her legs. Both teams then saw chances narrowly miss within seconds of each other as Terumi Ota 25th minute shot went just over the bar, Solent attacking from the goalkick to set up a diving header by de Beauvoir that also narrowly missed.
                            Chiswick’s need to break their scoring duck became even more pressing when Angela Cruchaga made it two for The Sirens on 34 minutes, a corner dropping nicely for her to fire home. Wiblflibl’s side sole opportunity to do anything about this came in the 53rd minute, but Ota’s long distance blast proved an easy collection for home ‘keeper Lucy Berkley. Solent saw the game out from there without giving manager Andrew7610 any major scares, as they became the ones to break their hoodoo picking up their first three points of the campaign. Chiswick will have to wait for their first goal, though two scoreless draws do mean the points column has been ticking over slowly.
                            Elsewhere in the same section Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC were on the road at Spandex FC.
                            The Sea Spirits had the majority of first half possession without notable success, but improved this just before the hour as Diana Doom’s cross picked out the head of Jennifer Willockx, who finished emphatically. As an aside - Diana Doom is a good name is it not??
                            I’m saying nothing about nominative determinism, but SeanoftheShed’s side appeared to be on course for the three points until referee Will Taykabribe intervened in stoppage time, awarding Spandex a penalty from which they scored an equaliser that hadn’t looked at all likely otherwise as the hosts had not managed a shot otherwise.
                            The two results left the OTF sides in the following spots in the Division 5:21 table – Kanjeng slip one to be fourth, Solent climb from the bottom up to sixth and The Bewitched drop one down to seventh.

After two tight affairs, both ending in draws, in their first two matches, would Csiki Girls be throwing the shackles off against 47 RONIN GIRLS?
                            Erm, nope. There were a couple of chances a piece after the break, but with both sides ‘keepers ending up as their respective men-of-the-match, Emma Laude getting the award for the Csiki’s after a grade 15 display, another goalless stalemate was all the A kertem crowd had to sustain them.
                            Three draws from three left Ad Hoc’s side sixth in the Division 5:31 table.

Two of the three sides with perfect starts met at The San Seethrough as Invisible Ladies took on Aveley Ladies F.C.
                            The first half gave an indication of the scale of the task on the hands of Pebblethefish’s side as Aveley pushed The See-Throughs back and took the lead with a direct free-kick. However the sides did go into the interval level as, rather against the run of play, Beáta Nádasdy broke clear to equalise after 37 minutes.
                            Invisible continued to ride their luck and a good performance from ‘keeper Nadine Handley as Aveley missed chances, the most notable being a 63rd minute penalty that Dionne Whittle couldn’t convert. However just as it looked like The See-Throughs might escape with an unlikely point, two goals inside the last ten minutes put Aveley ahead and then out of reach. Just out of reach, as Invisible did quickly pull one back via Elly Björkgren’s 91st minute strike.
                            Defeat saw Invisible drop three points behind Avely, who are the new of Division 6:41. This is because the old leaders, Tagalog Ladys, were smashed 6-0 by DSV 1600 Frauen. There do seem to be two strong teams in this section, which might make it less-than-interesting.

When does a worrying start become a crisis? Answers on a postcard please to Slaven Bilic, c/o Seb Coe, London. A carbon copy might be well direct to Wales as well though, following Menywod Maeshafn’s game against ZFK Nase Taksi.
                            The visitors arrived with a perfect 100% record compared to Maesahfn’s solitary point, and yet despite that they were outplayed for long periods. However the crucial difference was in front of goal as Nase Taksi converted their first opportunity just after the break, one of only two they would fashion in the match, whereas IsThactherDeadYet’s girls failed to put away the three openings they worked. And when they did have the ball in the net, such as Herta Rocha’s 86th minute effort, referee Hans Grüber would take it upon himself to deny them.
                            That 0-1 was a truly unrepresentative scoreline for the match will do little to alleviate the domma dn gloom in Maeshafn as their side sit seventh in Division 6:55.

Negative results have been a staple for the fans of Dublin City Womens FC since their side pitched up at Phoenix Park, but maybe the name of the ground is going to start to be prophetic as the Dubs first win league was followed up by a dismantling of Ein Spooilley FC.
                            Admittedly their opposition were zombies, but such was the slide Dublin found themselves in this would have been no certainty prior to this season. However the bird is definitely beginning to emerge, with players such as closed season acquisition Ai Kamide to the fore. Kamide had got the opener the week before against Dash Dolls, and the skipper again led by example as she struck a hattrick on 29, 36 and 76 minutes. Ana Isabel Carreto headed a fourth on 81 minutes and young midfielder Rita Cruz blasted the first of her career in stoppage time as Mortal Joe’s side threw off the shackles.
                            Two wins on the bounce should really help the confidence and have already improved the league position as Dublin climb to third in the Division 6:57 table.

Comment

How's this for a tight finish, for Cumberland Whites in the Combo League. Hard to come up with all the possible outcomes:

http://xperteleven.com/standings.asp...l=T&Lnr=3&dh=2

Comment

Given that Drakaina played with a midfielder (without any all round skills) in goal, conceding four was not a big surprise.

Comment

Ah, yes. I actually noted the injury in the half-written (currently first legs only) Cup report. But it slipped my mind to check for this league one. I had assumed you would buy a stop-gap...

In other news:
                                  Dandy Town - 9 points from 9.
                                  OTF X11 selection for round 3 - 8 x Highwaymen plus three other clubs represented once. Nothing to suggest this is futile for everybody else, oh no.

Comment

Yeah, normally starting a season with 3 straight away wins would make one confident. Not when the Dandies are looking magnificent.

I tried to buy a stopgap, but we don't have much cash and were outbid on the only player who would have been any use.

Comment

Morning all. Been away for a few days so just caught up with about 11 matches this evening. Great to see both Foxy and Dglh returning, will try to find both your teams to show official support.

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                      It took just over half of the first period for Viking to make the match reflect the different trajectories of the two sides, Britta Klovning netting directly from a free kick (has she been promoted over Lurdes Quental, VA?!?).
                                      A small misreading on your part I feel Janik – it was an indirect free-kick taken by Moa Jönsson that Britta got on the end of (to my surprise) for our winner last Tuesday.

Not entirely sure who our number one FK merchant is now, having spent last season with Jönsson and longtime taker Lurdes Quental swapping the role regularly between them depending on who was in form, though after a slow start to that campaign Quental gradually assumed most of the responsibility again. That may happen again this time around; certainly I was very pleased with Saturday's cup game, where I returned Lurdes to first choice taker for the first time in a while and saw her promptly net a direct one in the very first minute. Then I took her off in the 60th, after which we were awarded another FK where Jönsson followed suit with a successful strike of her own. Don't think I've ever had them both score free-kicks in the same match before!

Comment

Nyth Wobbegong have been approached by a well known telephone company to advertise their slogan on all the ground's billboards. This is one of the league's biggest advertising slogans and earns your club 1 487 500 econ.
                                        Nice little windfall for Foxy, assuming he still wishes to take over after the season end?

Comment

Yesterday was the ad hoc vs Wouter day (in both OTF and Heineken) and happily (for me, though possibly less so for him) the Csiki teams won in both encounters. (The Heineken one was a particular surprise)

Comment

I'm really struggling to keep up at the moment - missing days, tactics and whole games. And it's showing - all my teams are under-performing. I just can't find the time to do this game justice.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                                              Nice little windfall for Foxy, assuming he still wishes to take over after the season end?
                                              If that's still ok with you SDR, will happily take over them again.

If Etiennes avatar is who I think it is, that's pretty good - nice one.

Comment

It is Jean Jaures, midfield dynamo for the Sans Culottes.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                                  It is Jean Jaures, midfield dynamo for the Sans Culottes.
                                                  Well, that's my theory well and truly blown up. I thought it was William McGregor, founder of the football league, a bit like yourself with OTF!

Comment

If it's any consolation Foxy, your judgement re 'favourite biscuit' is impeccable at any rate.

Just a little heads-up for our various admins – as I've already noted in the MLX admin forum, I'm currently cultivating a recent returnee to the game after a long absence, Torqez, who posted in the Xpert Zone Scribble the other day expressing his surprise and dismay about the lack of activity there, so I suggested he "join a better class of league"...!

He seems a good sort from my first impressions, and I've recommended MLX, the Human League and the Heineken to him as they're our OTF-heavy leagues (plus the J4GL as it's an excellent one) as well as putting in a word for the Brythonnic of course – he says he's interested as he's keen on somewhere where there's a tight-knit group of managers who're likely to be more active. So keep your eyes open for applications to vacant slots in any or all of the above, hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X