No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I have some spare quota now too.

Comment

I've applied for one of the jobs too.

Comment

Thanks so much HO and HoH. If anyone with the initials HoHo wants to step in next (Santa Claus I'm looking at you) then there's a slot or two still free.

As far as I know the 'admin gets an extra team free' thing still holds, because I haven't been paying for any extra teams for ages now and I have 9 on the go. That's 6 as standard, one with the Xpert Ladies Loophole, and the other two as I'm admin in two leagues. Maybe though it works exactly the same as the Ladies Loophole, which is to say you have to pay to get the team, but don't have to pay again every six months thereafter to renew it.

Comment

Thanks to Etienne too who is in as well now, in a decidedly unfamiliar-feeling turn of events! Hopefully I'll be able to get the new season set up later today.

Comment

How do you resolve that situation where X11 thinks you have a match to catch up on so doesn't show you your financial situation, but where you have no idea which match it might be?

This is how it is at the Brythonnic club that I have temporarily taken over and at which I am definitely not considering staying on. Definitely not. No siree.

Comment

You will just have to look at each played game in turn until the finances appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                How do you resolve that situation where X11 thinks you have a match to catch up on so doesn't show you your financial situation, but where you have no idea which match it might be?

This is how it is at the Brythonnic club that I have temporarily taken over and at which I am definitely not considering staying on. Definitely not. No siree.
                Does the Brythonnic have a "fit and proper owners test"? Wherein newcomers have to prove interest in the club, not in how much money is in the bank...

Comment

HO, you have to watch the results of the last three games, then you will be able to see the finances.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post

Does the Brythonnic have a "fit and proper owners test"? Wherein newcomers have to prove interest in the club, not in how much money is in the bank...
                    I've certainly got an interest but they'll have a job finding any money. There was 8million, but i've already spunked it all as my team were moderately terrible and unbalanced.

Comment

Thanks, Sean and Joe, that has sorted it.

Comment

I note Etienne has a famous team in Barbazon United

Also Etienne, no pressure but it would be great if you beat the sexist in the MLX Grand Final for your swansong.

Comment

They (Barbazon United) are in very bad shape. I'm not going to bother training anyone really as I can't imagine any new manager will want to keep more than a couple of players.

Comment

Anything you can do to start turning the ship around there, no matter how small, will be welcome Etienne! They're one of Rædfearne Island's great old rivals from the original Brythonnic League, we had some hammer-and-tongs battles going all the way back to when I first took over my club over 8 years ago, so it's sad to see them languishing in their present state.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                              Anything you can do to start turning the ship around there, no matter how small, will be welcome Etienne! They're one of Rædfearne Island's great old rivals from the original Brythonnic League, we had some hammer-and-tongs battles going all the way back to when I first took over my club over 8 years ago, so it's sad to see them languishing in their present state.
                              Kingofnewzealand was the manager, wasn’t it? Had a great avatar.

Comment

That's the one! Yes it was an image of Tāwhiao (the same as on his Wikipedia page, I believe), the second Māori King and great-great-great-grandfather of the current one. I seem to recall KoNZ said he'd never been there and it didn't mean anything to him particularly, but he just liked the look and the idea.

Comment

Best of OTF luck to Etienne shortly in the MLX Grand Final against Valyrian Vipers. If it's to be his last stand at Zalec Zmaj, it should be a heck of a way to go out.

Comment

Week 10 of Season 65 of the Official Xpert 11 Ladies League report.

Code:
                                    Division 1b

Viking South Utsira    0 - 0    Space Chicks

Division 2b

Bajen            1 - 2    Drakaina
                                    Stenberg 14'            Kanagounis 6'
                                                    Heggarty 84'

Division 3e

Mauchline Belles    1 - 1    La Viola
                                    Ewanson 55'            Langset 74'

Division 4i

Mollys Whoo Elite    2 - 2    Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                    Vignaud 24'            Thunberg 31', 37'
                                    Peyron 81'

Division 4j

Coxy Ladies Wulpen    6 - 0    Purple Cobras
                                    de Waters 2'
                                    Kabasele 8', (pen) 21'
                                    Roosens 27'
                                    Wuyts 32', 57'

Ullapool Northern Star    0 - 0    Red Dead Heads

Division 4m

Magnificent Ladies    1 - 2    Zeugma Dostluk Spor
                                    Turchetti 83'            Kurt 20', 30'

Division 4n

Cassiopeia        2 - 2    Fajar Khatulistiwa FC
                                    Juric 28'            Zgavec 8'
                                    Krcmarevic 48'            Lasic 26'

Division 5:14

Deerfield Durocs    1 - 1    Real Rolz
                                    Buzunova (pen) 84'        Boutet 77'

Division 5:19

Rising Stars        1 - 1    The Effing Blinders
                                    Veríssimo 43'            Eðvaldsdottir 79'

Division 5:22

Cleckheaton Athletic    2 - 0    Bombay Green Rockets
                                    Hefny 46'
                                    Wiltershed 52'

Luculenus LFC        2 - 3    Hazeldean Inchmistress
                                    Ullathorpe 29'            Bunton 34'
                                    Beake 92'            Bringevik 41'
                                                    Morgan 55'

Division 5:28

Menywod Maeshafn    2 - 0    Domina Eleven
                                    Eugénio 39'
                                    Campbell 90'

Division 5:31

Gaia Superior        0 - 3    Csiki Girls
                                                    Strouts 1'
                                                    Kesic 15'
                                                    Nightingale 78'

Division 6:36

LNWR Locomotive        7 - 0    Championettes
                                    Arredondo 1', 44'
                                    Diallo 9'
                                    Sassounian 20', 32', 34', 56'

Division 6:44

Invisible Ladies    0 - 2    London Ladies FC
                                                    Terrar 21'
                                                    Lundahl 87'

ASU Politehnica        2 - 0    Wolf Alice
                                    Sãvescu 40'
                                    Tilbe 61'

Division 6:51

Metropolis Ladies FC    1 - 1    Sporting Courense
                                    Gagner 86'            Laranjeiro 90'

Division 6:57

Secunda FC        2 - 0    Dublin City Womens FC
                                    Allman 8'
                                    Palin 87'
                                    Either of mid-table sides Viking South Utsira and Space Chicks could yet play a part in the Division 1b promotion push, or be dragged into its relegation dog-fight. A win for either in their clash would push that side towards the former, more palatable, contest.
                                    That might explain why the sides mostly cancelled each other out. Or at least that is what The Blood Eagles are claiming the game was like. In fact, Velvet Android’s side were more riding their luck and hanging on to a nil-nil as they only had 42% of the ball and made no chances to Space Chicks four. But hang on Viking did, getting a point from a game that could easily have generated none.
                                    The result did nothing to clarify which way VSU are heading though. It leaves them fourth in the 1b table, five points adrift of the play-off spot and four clear of the danger zone.

Drakaina headed to bottom of the table Bajen looking to build on a good win the previous week.
                                    It took just 6 minutes for Anastasia Kanagounis to fire The Dragons in front. Some on the Drakaina side might have hoped that that goal alone would be enough against opponents who had scored just twice previously all season, but that wasn’t the case for Etienne’s charges as they were pegged back in the 14th minute.
                                    That forced the Greek side to go again, but it took Drakaina quite a while to get back up to speed, the rest of the first half passing without them having another shot. This changed after the break, but chances were still at a premium for The Dragons. That meant that when they fashioned a sight of goal on 84 minutes the pressure was on. On Gael Heggarty to be precise, which was dandy as far as Drakaina as if anyone on their side was going to handle pressure in front of goal, it was ton-up Gael (she had scored her 100th Drakaina goal in a recent match… which, sadly, I failed to clock at the time). Goal 101 in a Drakaina shirt was duly tucked away, and with it three golden points went into The Dragons horde.
                                    That chunk of treasurer lifted the pile high enough for The Dragons to be above Division 2b’s drop zone – they are now fourth, a point clear of the bottom two.

Mauchline Belles search for a first win of the season in Division 3e continued, but they couldn’t do it against leaders La Viola could they??
                                    The match appeared to get off to a bad start for The Belles, the one that neutrals simply looking at the two league positions would have predicted when La Viola fired home in the 3rd minute. However they didn’t do so to the satisfaction of referee Hans Grüber, and the Florentines (yes, that Viola) didn’t come close to scoring again in the first half.
                                    Mauchline did though, having a couple of chances before the break despite not seeing all that much possession (39%). Having worked out this method Jdsx’s side perfected it after half-time, Megan Ewanson racing clear to slot them ahead on 55 minutes, the 18 year-old showing no nerves in just her second appearance with just about her first ever sight of goal in a senior game.
                                    The Ayrshire side were up, and a shock was on the cards. But Mauchline have drawn too many this season… could they hold out this time. Predictably but sadly no they couldn’t, La Viola levelling on 74 minutes. Yet another draw to add to the collection, which keeps The Belles root to the foot of the 3e table. They are seven points from safety with four games left. But this is a club that has escaped from similar situations a number of times before…

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC have had a method this season – win 1-0. The Division 4i leaders arrived at The willows to take on Mollys Whoo Elite having won 8 and drawn 1, only scoring 12 in process but having conceded just a single time.
                                    Make that twice when Mollys scored on 24 minutes. But that just prompted The Sea Spirits into throwing more bodies forward than they ordinarily would, which rapidly worked to the tune of two goals, Marta Thunberg turning things around for boss SeanoftheShed with a brace on 31 and 37 minutes.
                                    Great though the interval lead was, it was also clear this was an abnormal day for The Sea Goddesses as they were struggling to induce the normal reverence in their opponents. Mollys Whoo kept being totally importunate and attacking KRK, pressing the visitors back in the second half and eventually getting what was a reasonable reward for their efforts when they levelled up on 81 minutes.
                                    2-2 was not in the script, but even with two points unexpectedly dropped Kanjeng remain top of the 4i standings. Their lead has been cut to two points, though.

Improving Coxy Ladies Wulpen had an excellent opportunity to further progress their recent upturn in form when they hosted bottom-of-the-table Purple Cobras.
                                    The Snakes had only scored one goal all season, so this match was pretty well dead as a contest by the 21st minute, by which point The Waders were already three to the good. The first took less than 2 minutes to arrive, Zoe de Waters heading home a corner for just a third goal of the 30 year-old defender’s senior career (the entirety of which has been at The Curlew’s Nest). Jessica Kabasele got the other two early strikes, firing home from range on 8 minutes and then stroking coolly in from the spot on 21.
                                    Laetitia Roosens fired home a fourth on range on 27 minutes to put Janik’s side four up, a position they remained in after Purple Cobras had a goal disallowed on 29 minutes. The lead was then extended to five on 32 minutes by Estelle Wuyts. That completed the first half scoring, Wuyts also ending it for the entire match when she slotted home Coxy Ladies sixth on a 57th minute breakaway.
                                    Wulpen being likely to win their game increased the pressure a little on Ullapool Northern Star to do likewise against another relegation-threatened side, Red Dead Heads; Polaris needed to match The Waders result to maintain their handy gap on the Flanders side.
                                    Ref Dick Tator gave Delicetmoth’s girls a let off in the 7th minute when he disallowed a Red Dead Heads strike. But Tator is an equal opportunity stickler – he also wiped out Juliana Rafaelinho effort in the 23rd minute. Other than those chances, which turned out to be phantom ones, sights of goal were thin on the ground… for Ullapool. Less so for Red Dead Heads, who had five chances to grab the win across the match, most backloaded into the second half.
                                    UNS got through the pressure unscathed , though. They managed this in large part thanks to goalkeeper Kell Crawford (grade 16) and Player-of-the-Match Hellen MacKintosh, who excelled in the Polaris backline to grade 19 standard.
                                    Being held to a draw saw Northern Star’s situation in the Division 4j table degrade a little – The Highlanders remain second in the standings, but are now six points adrift of leaders Invictus Ladies (who won their game this week)… and just three points ahead of new third-placed side… Coxy Ladies! Wulpen are now seven points clear of the bottom four, and feeling increasingly safe in that regard.

Zeugma Dostluk Spor were looking to bounce straight back from a disappointing draw on Matchday 9 and so protect their top spot in the Division 4m table when they visited Magnificent Ladies.
                                    The gap between ZDS and their fifth-in-the-table-at-kick-off was down to just three points, but if this was adding pressure on Antepli Ejderha’s side it didn’t show as Zeugma cruised into a 2-0 first half lead. Latife Kurt got both goals, opening the scoring on 20 minutes with a breakaway strike and then doubling it from range bang on the half-hour mark.
                                    That was a decent lead in what was, actually, a pretty even game in general play. The balance of play was better reflected by the scoreline after Magnificent Ladies reduced arrears to 2-1 in the 83rd minute. Great for any neutrals, less so for those travelling from Anatolia. A third was sought to re-plump the cushion, Gökcen Yalcin thought she had got it on 83 minutes, but Ian Hartman didn’t…
                                    Despite that strike being disallowed Zeugma were able to see the match out without further scares, the win not only keeping them first in the 4m standings, it also saw their lead at the top of the table, which had been cut to only goal difference, once again stretch out to two points.

Comment

Cassiopeia must have been expecting a difficult game when they welcomed Division 4n leaders Fajar Khatulistiwa FC to Agora Aethiopia. The visitors had won eight of their previous nine games, after all.
                                      Those pre-match worries appeared to be being realised for Stormstopper’s team when Khatulistiwa scored in both the 8th and 26th minutes. If the score had remained 2-0 to the visitors for long then Vainglories heads might have dropped, but within two minutes of falling two behind Gordana Juric had halved the deficit, firing home in the 28th minute.
                                      Cassiopeia were still 2-1 down at the break, and probably felt fortunate to still be in touch given that they had been out-shot 5-1 in the first 45 minutes. They would have been feeling even luckier when Helena Krcmarevic made it two shots, two goals for the home side by firing in a direct free-kick on 48 minutes.
                                      Against the run of play? Yes, and some. But now Cassiopeia had something to hold on to, which they did, tooth and nail. Fajar Khatulistiwa were only able to make two chances in the remaining time, and both of those were only half-openings at best. It was unlikely, it was probably not repeatable, but a draw had somehow been dredged from the game. The impact of that brilliant point wasn’t immediate, it didn’t stop The Vainglories losing a spot in the 4n table (they fall from fourth to fifth). But it could be invaluable to helping Cassiopeia stay up come the end of the season…

What looks likely to be the key clash in the Division 5:14 title race took place in Deerfield MA on matchday 10 as Deerfield Durocs hosted the only team with any realistic chance of denying them the title, Real Rolz.
                                      SitsWithRemote’s girls came into the game five points clear of their visitors (and 12 ahead of third in the table) meaning The Swine didn’t really need to win… but would risk re-opening the title battle if they lost. As one might expect in the circumstance the first half was cagey, with The Durocs sitting off but catching Rolz in their web, the visitors only having one chance from their 56% possession.
                                      Rolz had an even higher share of the ball after the break, but it was The Swine who were creating what chances were going… up until the 77th minute when a long range shot gave Rolz the lead, completely out-of-the-blue. Suddenly Deerfield really needed to score. They had the chance to do so seven minutes after falling behind when they were awarded a penalty. The pressure on Durocs skipper Zoya Buzunova was immense, this was moreorless for the title, but it didn’t show as she thumped the ball in.
                                      Both teams seemed about content with that, so it is basically as you were at the top of the 5:14 table. The gap between the top two is still five points in The Swine’s favour… but now there are only four games left for Rolz to close the gap. Also similar but not quite the same is Deerfield’s gap to third spot – that has been slightly cut from 12 to 11 points.

A similarly key game took place in Division 5:19, though in the case of Rising Stars clash with The Effing Blinders at The Ascension Arena the OTF side were the team second in the table, and there was also a ghost at the party as a third outfit (GAI Ladies) is involved in the shake-up in this section.
                                      Less likely to be completely decisive then, but still a key match and one The Ascenders were ahead in at half-time after Érica Veríssimo swirled home a free-kick in the 43rd minute. That goal came towards the end of an even first half in terms of possession, but one where Blamb’s side had had both of the shots.
                                      The second half was the first in reverse, possession once again moreorless evenly shared but this time The Effing Blinders having both the opportunities. Just as The Stars did in the first 45, The Blinders converted one of their sights of goal, levelling matters on 79 minutes. That appeared to seal a point, but there was one last opening for Rising to snatch it deep into stoppage time when the ball dropped perfectly for Penélope Andorinha – she hammered emphatically home and wheeled away in celebration, only to be stopped short and the Rising fans cheers cut short as all spotted a raised flag.
                                      If that late disallowed goal had stood Rising Stars would now be top of the 5:19 table. But it didn’t, and they not only remain three points behind The Blinders but are now pushed down to third, a point out of the play-offs after GAI won their game.

A good week last week had seen both OTF teams out of the Division 5:22 drop zone. There was a chance for Bombay Green Rockets to go further than that though when they visited third-in-the-table Cleckheaton Athletic as a win for The Rockets would take them above their hosts and right into the promotion picture.
                                      That was the theory, at least. In practice HKS3’s side found it tough going as Cleckheaton showed why they were second. The Green Rockets were on the back foot for most of the first half, and though they got through that unscathed this didn’t last long after the break, Cleckheaton going deservedly ahead on 46 minutes.
                                      The hosts quickly added a second (52), and then settled back to defend their advantage. Bombay had a couple of chances in the remaining time, but in truth they were well beaten in this one.
                                      Hazeldean Inchmistress would have been very hopeful of not going the same way as The Green Rockets given they were at bottom-three side Luculenus LFC.
                                      That bare stat somewhat obscures rather than highlights the true situation though as Luculenus were in range to go above The Imperials with a win. Which they appeared on course for when they went 1-0 up on 29 minutes. But only briefly as Foxy265’s side levelled just five minutes later, Karen Bunton firing in from close range, and then turned things completely on their heads to lead at half-time through Jennie Bringevik’s long range 41st minute pearler.
                                      When Jacqueline Morgan turned home a corner in the 55th minute Hazeldean led 3-1… and the Framleyshire side had scored a perfect three from three in terms of chances. Against a grade 15 goalkeeper to boot! Reasoning they had enough, Inchmistress then sat back. Events would prove them right, Luculenus only cutting the advantage back to one with a goal so deep into stoppage time that it was virtually the last kick of the game.
                                      The consequences of those two results were Inchmistress climbing to fourth in the 5:22 table, three points adrift of second. Less good news for The Rockets though as they slipped back to sixth in the standings, a point behind fifth and now three points adrift of Hazeldean.

A challenge can be an enlivening thing. That is how Menywod Maeshafn fans were hoping their team would react when they hosted unbeaten Division 5:28 leaders Domina Eleven. Not that Maeshafn are any form of mugs, you understand – the North Walians came into this game second in the table. This made it a top-of-the-table clash, but only nominally given the visitors dominant advantage of eight points at kick-off; Maeshafn’s concern in getting the win was to maintain their own gap on third, which stood at just one point.
                                      They had to do it without Margaret Probyn after the midfielder picked up a nasty 18-day injury just 6 minutes into the match, the Eleven player who assaulted her lucky to only see yellow. With referee Warren Peace proving ineffectual Iris Cessaro took the law into her own hands and clattered a visiting player in turn, inflicting a 12-day injury. Cessaro was also only booked.
                                      After all the bloodshed the game finally turned to Football in the latter stages of the first half. Maeshafn were the side driving this, holding a very significant edge in possession, making three first half openings to none for Domina… and going ahead in the 39th minute when Iolanda Eugénio fired home. Some game for the 29 year-old defender to pick to score her first senior goal after 120+ games for IsThatcherDeadYet, plus another 10 scoreless outings at her first club.
                                      A response from the league leaders was expected. None was forthcoming. In fact Maeshafn were arguably even more on top after the break. The only risk was a smash-and-grab draw as a second goal was eluding the hosts, in part because Clare Lincoln had a 51st minute effort disallowed. This situation lasted until the final minute of normal time, when Iona Campbell at last made the points safe by steering home a corner.
                                      The unexpected win for Maeshafn dovetailed beautifully with simultaneous equally out-of-the-blue reverses for the sides in third and fourth spots, the net result of which was Maeshafn cutting Domina’s lead to five points whilst also stretching their advantage on third up to four. A very, very good day then.

Every game is a crunch one in the bunfight that is Division 5:31. For instance the sides facing off when Csiki Girls headed to Gaia Superior were separated by just two points, whilst sitting in fourth and seventh in the table respectively.
                                      The match started in extraordinary fashion, Hillary Strouts spotting the Gaia ‘keeper wasn’t concentrating, Strouts shooting straight from the opening kick-off to give her side the lead! A second long range strike on 15 minutes double the advantage for Ad hoc’s side, though Doris Kesic’s effort was more conventional – a hit from 30 yards.
                                      Csiki Girls were cruising to victory already after these strikes, but having breezed through the rest of the first half making no further chances they got bored after the break and starting making openings for more. These sights of goal (four) added up to one more strike, Priscilla Nightingale heading home in the 78th minute.
                                      Csiki Girls shot up the 5:31 table on the back of the winning, climbing two places to take over the play-off position. They are now the sections form side, and are only a point adrift of the leaders.

Comment

Ordinarily a game such as LNWR Locomotive’s meeting with zombies Championettes would be an empty encounter with a boringly simply with for The Steamers. That simple win was still expected, but with the leadership of Division 6:36 changing weekly between Locomotive and title rivals KrYptiX on fluctuating goal differences, the margin of victory mattered.
                                        Viktor Boskovic was therefore unusually animated for such a clash when Constanza Arredondo opened the scoring in the very first minute, and equally jumping around in anger when Championettes fired home in the 3rd minute. Boskovic’s apoplexy was somewhat justified when ref Laura Norder chalked the visitors leveller off.
                                        Long range shots from Pauline Diallo and Sirouhi Sassounian upped the score to two then three on 9 and 20 minutes respectively, The Steamers task in running up the score being made easier by a red cross injury for substitute-less Championettes in the 29th minute. Three goals flowed swiftly in the aftermath of this, Sassounian completing her hattrick with a close range finish (32) and another from range (34) with Arredondo adding to her earlier strike when she slotted home a breakaway on 44 minutes.
                                        There was to be one more goal for LNWR after the break, Sassounian netting for the fourth time in the afternoon and the third from long distance when she let fly again on 56 minutes. The Steamers then deemed that as enough, which was exquisitely judged as KrYptiX only won their game 3-0, the +4 goal difference swing enough to return Locomotive to the top of the 6:36 standings. Their advantage is +1 GD, and +2 GF (it could come down to that!).

Third took on first in Division 6:44 when Invisible Ladies hosted London Ladies FC. This was a big game for both teams involved as The See-Throughs kicked off just three points behind their visitors (with a rather weaker goal difference, mind), and also for the third team involved in the 6:44 promotion picture, fellow OTF side ASU Politehnica.
                                        PebbletheFish and his See-Throughs side were not concerned about that though, their focus was simply on themselves. And they suffered a setback in pursuit of their aims when a breakaway opened up the Invisible defence (unfortunately that is not just a reference but also an apt descriptor of it at this point in time) in the 21st minute, allowing London to get their noses in front.
                                        It stayed at 1-0 until half-time, which was a lead that London just about deserved, though all-square would also have been reasonable on a half the visitors only narrowly shaded. The second 45 was just as tight… but once again London were the team to score within it, sealing the points with their second of the day on 87 minutes.
                                        ASU Politehnica wouldn’t have known it, but London’s win meant they really needed to beat visitors Wolf Alice to stay in touch in the race for the title.
                                        The Scholars were hogging the library in the first half as they maintain a hold on the lion’s share of possession. But despite all the studying, successful application of the learning was lacking up until the 40th minute when something clicked, Politehnica put a move together and Elena Sãvescu opened the scoring.
                                        Sometimes it is easier to have a pre-prepared option that can be wheeled out by rote. Such as a free-kick routine… or a specialist dead ball taker who can be relied on to hit the corners of the target to order. Granthamian’s person for the job is Pakize Tilbe. She had to wait until the 61st minute for an opportunity to demonstrate her skill, but when the chance came along she was word perfect and the score was 2-0.
                                        That is how it finished, the win for The Scholars keeping them two points adrift of London Ladies. The See-Throughs, meanwhile, remain third, but are know four points adrift of Politehnica[ and six behind London at the top of the 6:44 standings.

After last week’s easy debut against a zombie, Harbinger of Hope led his Metropolis Ladies FC side out for the first time for a game that was in the balance as it was against human opposition. The visitors to the Metropolis Stadium for this momentous occasion were Sporting Courense, who arrived third in the table.
                                        Were Courense expecting an easy game, not realising Metropolis had gained a live manager? Maybe. Because they may have been on the field in person, but their spirits had failed to materialise. Metropolis dominated the game, creating a string of chances whilst at the other end goalie Leonor de Faria was virtually a spectator.
                                        The problem Metropolis ran into was converting their chances to goals. They did finally put one away in the 86th minute, midfielder Angelica Gagner crunching home from 30 yards out. But even with that the earlier profligacy came back to bite Metropoliis as Coursense created their one and only chance of the game on 90 minutes, and promptly scored it to steal a totally undeserved point from the game.
                                        In the long run it doesn’t matter that Metropolis stay four points behind sixth in the Division 6:51 table – the difference between sixth and their current seventh is purely nominal. These games are all about preparing for next season, and this one shows the Big City girls can compete at the level of promotion contenders.

It was a week of crunch match at the top of various Divisions, and we end with one more as Division 6:57’s second-placed side Dublin City Womens FC visited leaders Secunda FC.
                                        A win for Dublin would have seen them close the gap on their hosts down to a single point, but it started to go wrong for The Molly Malones as early as the 8th minute, which was when Secunda took the lead. Mortal Joe’s side fought hard after that, having more of the ball in the first half, shrugging off the loss to injury of defender Julianna Frias, who picked up a nasty 19-day injury in the 38th minute, to do so.
                                        But possession doesn’t equal goals. It didn’t even equate to chances for Dublin before the break, though did so afterwards to an extent as the Irish side made a couple of chances to level. But they didn’t take them, and were hit by a second for Secunda on 87 minutes (from just their third chance of the match) which meant The Molly Malones going home empty handed.
                                        Defeat saw Dublin usurped from 6:57’s play-off place. They now sit third, three points adrift of that and seven behind leaders Secunda.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                          Best of OTF luck to Etienne shortly in the MLX Grand Final against Valyrian Vipers. If it's to be his last stand at Zalec Zmaj, it should be a heck of a way to go out.
                                          Woop.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post

Woop.
                                            YES

Comment

Guzman!!

Comment

VA - a VA Sports kit update for you: in the Establishment, Tamworth Reds won the league/cup/MotS treble. Then chairperson Daisy_D advised the members that a manager had resigned leaving a squad of 35yos and no young players.

Scenting a new challenge, I vacated the Reds, but Nakuru Warthogs are reborn!

Comment

OTF Season 68 Round 4 Round-Up

OTF

Goals from young striker Lloyd Montgomerie and defender Adrian Gartzen, his first for the club in his 101st game, gave Croesoswallt Dragons a 2-0 win at Hampshire Deers to keep them at the top of the table. Since their win over Vita Mortis last week, the Deers have lost two difficult home games and are now one from bottom. There was a surprise at the Stade Andy Liver, where Eriskay Expression successfully nullified Dandy Town's attacking threat and took all three points from the champions thanks to Billy McHampton's 79th-minute winner. Eriskay's first win of the campaign takes them up to 8th, the Dandies' first defeat drops them to 4th. Moving ahead of them are Zeugmaspor and Berkshire Swine, both on the back of goalless draws. Zeugma had the better of their game at Four Candles but couldn't find the winner, while the Swine struggled to create chances against a typically resolute Rejects Redux side. Though it was a good point for the Rejects, they are still bottom with neither a win nor a goal to date. The Candles remain in 6th. Goals early in the second half from Nathan Helleday and Wesley Bannerman saw Vita Mortis towards a 2-1 win at Great Ouse Town, hoisting them up to 5th and leaving Ouse just above the drop zone.

Division 1

The three 100% records all bit the dust, the division tightening up considerably as a result. Having blitzed their way through D2 last season, Littlewoods Legends are finding their feet at the higher level and were impressive 2-0 winners at the leaders at the start of the day, Somers Town Sugar Imps, Dylan Proctor and Olgierd Puszczyk getting the goals. They are 5th, while the Imps slip to 3rd. Taking over at the top are Waveney Valley Swifts, who held out for a goalless draw at 4th-placed Steaua Bridge. Just behind the Swifts are Locomotiv Noj, whose home game with die Ambosse also ended scoreless but was a much livelier affair. AFC Csiki Monkeys edge above die Ambosse into 6th following their first win of the season, a 2-1 success at home to Portsmouth FC, the winner coming somewhat against the run of play from a late Dénes Udvardy spot kick. Portsmouth end the day at the bottom of the table with Azure Dragons picking up their first points of the campaign in a 2-0 win at Whoft Fluffopolis. Second half goals from Dudu Asseo and Yun Long Tou gave them the win against an out-of-sorts Fluffers side, who are one from bottom, still awaiting their first win of the season.

Division 2

Anwar Zaia's goal gave Cods of War victory over Wharfedale Generals and keeps them top with a perfect record. Nipping into 2nd place are Heffron Hendecagon, courtesy of a late free kick from Young Chips at Wensleydale Blues, the only goal of the game. It was the Blues' first defeat of the campaign and they stay 4th. Banik Roystonov drop to 3rd following a 2-2 draw at home to 5th-placed Turd Division. The Turds dominated possession and led 2-0 at the break with strikes from Codrut Gardeanu and Donovan Hawkins, but Banik created more of the chances throughout, and increasingly so as the match progressed, and grabbed a point with goals in the last ten minutes from Tomas Jagr and Mariusz Lotek. Saltney Drawers picked up their first point of the season from a 1-1 draw at Athletico Deva, Jonte Malmsborg denying them a win with a late headed equaliser for Deva. It pulls the Drawers up from the bottom, where they are replaced by Veni Vici Vigata, who went down 3-0 at Kernow Kensa. The win takes Kernow out of the drop zone, dropping Wharfedale into it.

Division 3

A spectacular strike from Joacim Bobeck was enough to see leaders Wednesday de la Zouch past OWC Albion and maintain their 100% start. Already they have a five-point lead at the summit, with the team sitting 2nd at the start of the day, Eintracht Midwest, losing 2-1 at Byss FC. Gastão Freires nodded in the decisive goal for Byss, who, responding well to the novelty of having a manager, take Midwest's place behind Wednesday. Only three points separate 2nd from 9th. Brutal Deluxe Redux overtake three teams and are up to 4th, two free kicks from captain Lothar Johannsen dispatching pointless Pinewood Passers, who are almost as detached from the rest at the bottom as Wednesday are at the top. New Dresden are 5th after a 2-0 defeat at Indigo Plateau, whose first win of the season moves them up to 8th. OWC fall to 6th and Great Northern Railway to 7th after they were held to a 1-1 draw at Brian Munchingflapjack, for whom new striker Holger Hallén's first goal couldn't stop them slipping to 9th.

Comment

Great stuff HO, I'd missed spotting that it was the Chester derby on Thursday and so there's a frisson in discovering that Saltney picked up their first point of term at the expense of Deva. I'm picturing Auxerre–St Etienne scenes at the final whistle at the Enormodome.

HOH is off to a fine start meanwhile – the first couple of fixtures for Byss fell kindly, so there was always the chance of a falsely good place after the opening week, but that's an impressive result for them at Midwest.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X