Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep - thanks, Janik.

Comment

How long has the own goal stat been available on the team stats page?

Comment

Do you mean the 'Player Statistics' page, AE? If, so, then as far as I know it's always been there as long as I've been playing. You might not have picked up on it before simply because it's such a rare occurrence that anything appears in that column.

If you mean own-goals are now appearing against players' names on, say, the Match Report or Last Lineup pages then that is news to me and it would be way overdue as the way they don't show up there is a minor continuing irritation. (And, checking, they're still not for me, so I assume not.)

Which, it might be noted, is symptomatic of the oddly Stalinesque post hoc erasure of own-goals from the game in general – since for some inexplicable reason they are also deleted from the record at the moment of retirement or sale. That is, the only ones you'll ever see 'credited' are those against active players. Although the game can keep the rest of sold/retired players' career stats on the Player Statistics page in perpetuity, their OG field resets to 0 as soon as they leave the club.

So to take my Viking South Utsira team as an example, bringing up the All-Time stats on that page and ranking the list by OGs will appear to show that (spoiler alert) the one I've just this minute discovered Yasmine Klovning netted in our disastrous game yesterday means we've allegedly scored just 4 in 17 years, all of them by current players – and that Yasmine accounts for fully half the total in the club's entire 60-season history. Which, obviously, is bollocks.

Comment

All of which alas undermined the lovely ego-rub Janik so kindly gave my side after our opening match:
          Originally posted by Janik View Post
          Report on Matchday 1 of Season 65 of the Official Xpert 11 Ladies League
          Viking South Utsira’s return to Division 1b after a 12 season absence began with a trip to Pepita´s Team.
          The Blood Eagles looked to the manor born as they controlled possession for the majority of the first half – all that was missing from Velvet Android’s side was chances (oh and goals, but chances are a fundamental prerequisite of those!) . However VSU began to make openings after the break, and with those came the breakthrough on 77 minutes. The strike was a typical Viking effort – a direct free-kick from Lina Hovland. She can do it at any level, it seems.
          That goal ensured a winning re-emergence for The Blood Eagles in this lofty company.
          I was going to say after initially reading that that I was going to cut out that bit about chances and goals and stick it up on the dressing-room wall. Alas, creating them wasn't the issue yesterday, conversion was. So if you could come up with something equally pithy about that in the next roundup I'd be most grateful Janik.

I was pleased Lina did score that FK last week – oddly, despite what you say about her doing it at "any level", she didn't score a single one in the league all last season in D2, so it was nice to return immediately to scoring ways in our first league game of this term back in D1.
          Last edited by Various Artist; 31-03-2022, 11:42. Reason: "Underminded"??

Comment

Catching up, meanwhile, this is most excellent news about lambers volunteering to step up and replace Etienne as OTF League head honcho.
            Originally posted by lambers View Post
            Thanks for the answers folks. If people are comfortable with me taking over, then I reckon I can swing that.

I may need some hand-holding in the first few months as I've never "admin"ed a league before, so hopefully the likes of yourselves and the other "league leaders" will be fine with occasional pestering and questions about what the tempting buttons actually do – in particular, Etienne will have to show me the setting that drops Vita Mortis down to second on the final day, even if it did malfunction last season.
            We will of course provide any help and advice we can to ease your progress lambers, though hopefully it won't be needed too much as I get the impression the OTF is a much simpler league to admin the majority of the time in contrast to some of the ones we're running!

Forgive me though, won't you, if I say that I have zero idea where that 'Vita Mortis -> 2nd' setting might be, and wouldn't tell you if I did...

Comment

Part 1 of the
              OTF League roundup for 28th March 2022: Season 67 Round 9

Division 3
              The situation has changed a bit at the top here since a week ago, with the summit meeting on Rockall last Thursday between Cods of War and Veni Vici Vigata (1st and 2nd, both on 6-1-0 coming in) going the Cods’ way by 3-1 – though they had to come from a goal down to win with two Alex de Souza goals in the last half-hour, helped by VVV losing defender Derrick Waddle to injury just five minutes after they had taken an 18th-min lead. 60% Cods possession and 11 shots to 1 tells its own story, though. Cods consolidated their gap at the top of the table with an eighth win of term on Monday, eventually outgunning Pinewood Passers (9th) 4-2 at the Theatre of Pies. VVV though proved unable to shake off their reverse and slumped to a shock second loss on the spin, 2-0 at 8th-placed Brian Munchingflapjack – in a game where they also suffered a second straight red cross, to midfielder Ken Montgomery, who is 21 but has the name of a 71-year-old. The Flapjacks climb one to 7th, VVV stay 2nd due to New Dresden (3rd) and Eintracht Midwest (4th) cancelling out 1-1 in the Germanic derby at Netzer Park. Dresden’s Emiel van Vechten struck early but got carried off before the interval, Eintracht equalising right after the break.
              That enabled Athletico Deva, who were stunned 1-0 at home last Thurs by young Indigo Plateau, to edge back ahead of Midwest to 4th on goal difference. The Deviants evidently decided they had already calibrated their Monday win perfectly by the break, having scored four without reply at bottom side 4twenties between the 33rd and 42nd minutes – and indeed the 4-0 proved enough to lift them back in front of Eintracht by a single goal. Plateau (6th) meanwhile picked up back-to-back wins for the second time this season, though it took until injury time in an incident-riddled game for Marowak Gomez to fire the only goal at home to Brutal Deluxe Redux. The first half had seen both sides lose a player to vicious challenges that only saw each perpetrator yellow-carded – Deluxe suffering worse though as theirs was key midfielder Toby Gregory (a career-worst 13 days) in the 14th minute at the studs of Plateau captain Bastian Schweinscyther... though you can’t say they weren’t warned there. Their defender Óscar Janita retaliated by taking out Indigo’s young (obviously) defender Dodrio Ferdinand after half an hour, albeit the 20-year-old will soon shake off the 8-day knock and BDR still ended the day down to 8th.

Division 2

No surprises at the top here as Littlewoods Legends smashed their way to the halfway mark by beating literally all before them. They reached 8 from 8 last Thursday by thrashing closest rivals Portsmouth FC 4-1 at the Woods with a first-half hat-trick from Beto Schiavi, then made it a perfect 9 from 9 by hammering bottom side Great Northern Railway 4-0 at the Clump on Monday. Legends reach the turn a massive nine points clear of Azure Dragons, who held onto 2nd with a 2-1 win at OWC Albion, while Portsmouth (3rd) regained winning form after their first two defeats of term by spanking second-bottom Wednesday de la Zouch 5-2 at home led by 21-year-old forward Cuthbert Singleton’s fine hat-trick. The sole blot was their conceding from both shots they faced – yet even that upon inspection proved to be the fault of 37/6 reserve keeper Hans Petter Reitan, and by extension regular stopper Jan Stolt who had achieved the unusual feat for a goalkeeper of getting suspended for his third booking of the season, leaving the journeyman to step in for only his second appearance in his three bench-warming seasons at Fratton Park.
              There is a now four-point gap behind the top three, with the midtable shuffle seeing OWC plunge to 7th and Kernow Kensa go with them to 6th, both overtaken by Heffron Hendecagon who leap to 4th by beating Kensa 3-1 at Heffron Park aided by Hugo Rune’s 8th of the season. Similarly up to 5th go Saltney Drawers, who beat Wensleydale Blues (8th) 1-0 at home with a Clem Fandango goal and whose fast-improving campaign has now gone LLLDWLWWW. Can they keep it going in the immediate return fixtures starting this Thursday?
              Last edited by Various Artist; 14-04-2022, 14:34.

Comment

Division 1
                Well, this time last week I noted how season-long leaders Turd Division’s top spot here was still just 7 points from 9th-placed Banik Roystonov and virtually the whole division was very tight. A week later and the mighty have indeed fallen, with Turds down to 4th place after back-to-back defeats. Last Thurs they promptly lost 3-1 at Roystonov to slip to 2nd, and on Monday they went down 2-0 at home to Zeugmaspor to slide to 4th – while Banik in contrast are now just one place and one point behind them in 5th, after beating Wharfedale Generals 2-0 at Moje Zahrada. Zeugma replace the Turds in 2nd place, and Eriskay Expression also climb ahead of them to 3rd by following up a 1-0 win at Whoft Fluffopolis with one at Csiki Monkeys (9th). Suddenly the longtime pacesetters are just three points off the relegation places!
                Now leading them by 5pts at the summit, and two clear of anyone else too after their fifth win on the trot, are in-form Hampshire Deers who followed up a 4-1 thrashing of Somers Town Sugar Imps last Thurs with the same score at Whoft (6th) on Monday. Dwight Allmark made it a league-leading 11 goals from 9 games with a brace, while Doug Mays notched twice himself to make it 5 for the term. The Imps (8th) arrested their fall with a late equaliser at Steaua Bridge for a 1-1 draw that kept them a point ahead of the Monkeys and one behind Steaua, who drop one spot to 7th. Whoft also slip one, as the charging Banik vault over both into the top half at the midway mark. With the teams in the division on 19, 17, 16, 14, 13, 12, 12, 11, 10, 1 there is clearly a lot to play for though for everyone bar perhaps the Generals.

OTF

Speaking of tight, we came within a single goal of having the top five teams in the league at halfway spanned by just 3 points – although it ended up as ’merely’ four of them after Four Candles (5th) had to settle for a 1-1 draw at Waveney Valley Swifts (8th) on Monday in which they were in fact largely second-best. This though came after the Candles had handed Berkshire Swine their first defeat of the season last Thursday when they were equally outmatched statistically at the Stef Tolsma Arena yet emerged with a 2-0 win with a remarkable counterattacking display even after losing their top defender Graham Hadden to a career-worst injury after being injured twice in the opening 18 minutes. (It could have been a lot worse for the Candles captain – minor + major injuries in the same match usually mean a really bad one, yet his absence will be ‘only’ 15 days.) That had cost the Swine top spot, with Dandy Town surging to the summit as the only undefeated side remaining after a 2-0 win over the Swifts, Vita Mortis moving up to 3rd by thrashing Locomotiv Noj 4-0 but Croesoswallt Dragons slipping back after a surprise 2-0 home defeat to Rejects Redux.

On Monday however there was a small amount of rearranging: the Dandies were held 0-0 at the improving Rejects (7th), but held onto the top spot as the Swine and Mortis also cancelled out 1-1 at the Tolsma – in the first ‘leg’ of what is amazingly the pair’s third consecutive season of crucial doubleheader meetings. Swine skipper Huub Scheenaard’s 15th-min stretcher job looked for a long time like the only real item of interest, before things abruptly blew up in the final five minutes when Lance Porter briefly headed the Scythemen in front only for Cristaofao Edilson to swiftly nod the Sty Council level again. That keeps the porkers 2nd by a point from the Dandies, and instead of Mortis moving up one place for the fifth successive match they instead slip back one to 4th as three goals in the last half-hour swept the Dragons past bottom club die Ambosse by 3-0 at the Host of Trophies Past. The Anvils were not helped by top forward Edmundo Bivar having to be carried off ten minutes before half-time, but then shot themselves in the foot further at two down with eight minutes to play when Bernd Frehn became the third top-flight captain to have his day ended early – in this case by a second yellow card. It is the eighth red of his career, accounting for fully two-thirds of his club’s all-time tally and more than the next three most-dismissed players in the OTF division put together. Among all extant players 35-year-old Frehn still sits behind Great Northern Railway firebrand Tommy McConville, whose mighty 10 include a truly impressive five-season spell in mid-career during which he picked up 7 of them – albeit at the age of 39 he seems to have mellowed these days and has not added to that record tally in the last five and a half seasons...
                The Anvils are joined in the relegation zone by Locomotiv Noj, whose recent resurgence has faltered rather with a second straight defeat sending them plunging down to 9th – behind both the Rejects and WVS on GD, and a point behind their Monday conquerors Great Ouse Town after Mavras Kolitsidakis’ own-goal (his first in over 200 appearances for Noj) and a last-minute Jeffery Redman free kick gave GOT a 2-0 win at the Blue Fen. Ouse, who were winless all season until a 2-0 at Ambosse in the basement battle last Thursday, leap three places the other way to 6th and are out of the dropzone for the first time since opening day.
                Last edited by Various Artist; 31-03-2022, 13:27.

Comment

Magnificent VA, although someone prefers OTF/1 to 2/3!

Comment

I've kept quiet until now but I've managed to reach the quarter finals of the Golden League Cup, in the last eight I'm up against a side from the top tier and it's the one managed by Sean of the Shed

At least there will be on OTFer in the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                      I've kept quiet until now but I've managed to reach the quarter finals of the Golden League Cup, in the last eight I'm up against a side from the top tier and it's the one managed by Sean of the Shed

Ooh, I hadn't realised that there was another OTFer through to the quarter finals, but it makes it all the more interesting that we have been drawn together. Looking forward to it.
                      I was just in a similar situation in Xpert Ladies a couple of weeks back when we had a quarter final against VA's Viking South Utsira.

Comment

Sean of the Shed and Antepli Ejderha congratulations both of you.

Comment

Can I just pick your admin brains for a second? I am in a VIP league where the admin has not been able to set up a cup competition because one manager has let his VIP expire. Trouble is he has not logged in for 3 weeks and maybe has gone for good. Is there a workaround that you know of, like could this guy be sacked. Would that allow the cup to be set up, then perhaps reinstate him afterwards, something like that. I'm sure this is a problem some of you will have faced at some time, any advice would be welcome!

Comment

I send all managers a message if they haven't logged in for 2 weeks and sack them after three if they still haven't logged in or responded in any other way.
                            If you need a short term manager to step in for a day whilst you do the update then Tiger1971 usually has some spare quota. Alternatively put a post in the Spare Quota thread in the main forum.

http://www.xperteleven.com/viewGloba...umid=32&read=1

Comment

See also MyShady and WisemanJ

Comment

Thanks for the comments. All in all Xpert 11 does not make life easy for its admins does it

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Would have been nice for us to go into the game with full squads to pick from. Two long term injuries each now.

Comment

Week 2 of Season 65 of the Official Xpert 11 Ladies League was derby day for the OTF sides sharing Divisions this season. Here is what they, and the others on their lonesomes, got up to:-

Code:
                                    Division 1b

Viking South Utsira    1 - 2    HEIN EKEN GIRLS
                                    N.Austrheim 25'            Y.Klovning (O.G.) 23'
                                                    Bramstedt 82'

Division 2b

Drakaina        3 - 1    Ventus United
                                    Heggarty 23'            Dowsett 53'
                                    Nylund 37'
                                    Mailis 84'

Division 3e

Manchester Ladies    1 - 1    Mauchline Belles
                                    Celina 78'            Melkersson 69'

Division 4i

FC Nee-Nee        0 - 2    Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                                    Sumanti 17'
                                                    Grønnåsen 89'

Division 4j

Ullapool Northern Star    2 - 1    Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                    Mamouni 25'            Bremen 11'
                                    Sawyer 61'

Division 4m

Girls Down Under    1 - 3    Zeugma Dostluk Spor
                                    Dalton 18'            Üzülmez 49'
                                                    Kiss 73'
                                                    Güncar 77'

Division 4n

Cassiopeia        1 - 0    Liverpool Amazons
                                    Buric (pen) 12'

Division 5:14

Deerfield Durocs    1 - 0    Ekhaga DFF
                                    Parris 27'

Division 5:19

The Echoes        1 - 3    Rising Stars
                                    Kurosava 41'            Veríssimo 44', 54', 74'

Division 5:22

Bombay Green Rockets    5 - 0    Hazeldean Inchmistress
                                    Reynolds 11'
                                    Djivany 13'
                                    Panzer 23'
                                    Pöhlmann 52', 69'

Division 5:28

Menywod Maeshafn    1 - 2    Empire Of The Sun
                                    Stewart 1'            F.Klovning 67'
                                                    Gump 78'

Division 5:31

Csiki Girls        0 - 0    România

Division 6:36

Olimpia Satu Mare    0 - 6    LNWR Locomotive
                                                    Deeney 1'
                                                    Diana 10', 92'
                                                    Diallo 54'
                                                    Arredondo 60'
                                                    Kahayan 66'

Division 6:44

ASU Politehnica        2 - 0    Invisible Ladies
                                    Tilbe 39'
                                    Hällqvist 62'

Division 6:57

Tallås Golden Girls    1 - 2    Dublin City Womens FC
                                    Suskic 50'            Timmermans 4'
                                                    Lyktberg 40'
                                    Viking South Utsira were looking to back up an opening day win when they welcomed HEIN EKEN GIRLS (who had lost their first game) to Ragnar Rock.
                                    The Blood Eagles clearly had the better of the first half, opening the scoring on 23 minutes. Unfortunately for Yasmine Klovning she was at the wrong end of the pitch when she did this. Klovning was desperate to atone for her error, and managed just two minutes later when she weighted the ball perfectly for skipper Nina Austrheim to hit first time from 35 yards, the ball screaming home.
                                    That was one of three first half chances The Blood Eagles made, and possibly the least obvious scoring opportunity. Velvet Android’s charges continued to make openings after the break, but maybe these were all too easy as they didn’t convert any. That left them vulnerable to a late goal against, which is exactly what HEIN EKEN got.
                                    It is rather unlucky to lose a game that was 58-42 on possession and 7-3 in chances. But that is where VSU found themselves in this one, which adds up to placing fourth in the nascent Division 1b table.

Drakaina and Ventus United had both lost their opening games, which increased the importance of their clash at Delphi as two straight games without a win would count as a slow start to the season for either.
                                    The Dragons put a large effort to avoid that fate in in the first half of this one, holding nearly two-thirds of the ball. Etienne’s team didn’t manage to turn that abundance of possession into many chances (just three in the first 45 minutes), but the key thing was they made efficient use of the sights of goal they did fashion, Gael Heggarty racing away to put the Greeks ahead on 23 minutes and Dagny Nylund heading home on 37 to double the advantage.
                                    Drakaina continued to have more roughly the same possessional dominance after the break, though their hold on the scoreboard was shaken somewhat by Ventus pulling a goal back on 53 minutes. That was how it then stayed until four minutes from time, when Areti Mailis fired home from close range to seal the three points.
                                    Their first win sees Drakaina jump to fourth in the Division 2b table.

Would Mauchline Belles matchday 2 clash with Manchester Ladies follow the pattern of The Belles opening game (a 0-0 draw) or that of their week 2 hosts (lost 5-3)?
                                    The opening half suggested it would actually fall somewhere in between as despite finishing goalless both teams had made a decent, though not extravagant, amount of chances. If anything Mauchline shaded that opening 45 as Jdsx’s team had had more of the ball. The Belles continued to look the stronger outfit after the break and deservedly took the lead on 69 minutes when Gunilla Melkersson cracked home from 30 yards.
                                    The advantage only lasted for 9 minutes though before Manchester headed home a corner. That was unlucky on the Ayrshire side was it was against the run of play. However, despite shading things throughout, Mauchline couldn’t force home a second and had to settle for a point from a 1-1 draw.
                                    The draw left the Scots sixth in the young Division 3e standings, albeit sixth whilst just a point behind second.

Both Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC and FC Nee-Nee’s opening games had finished 2-0. It was just that whilst that first outing was going in the Sea Spirits favour, it was also going against their matchday 2 hosts.
                                    The Sea Spirits aim was clearly to repeat the matchday 1 experience of both sides. Utami Sumanti set SeanoftheShed’s team on course to do precisely that when she strike home from distance on 17 minutes. Marta Thunberg was of the opinion she had got the score up to 2-0 on 38 minutes, but ref Luke Bribe disagreed. However a second goal for The Sea Goddesses was part of the saga, Mariell Grønnåsen following Sumanti’s lead by blootering home from range on 89 minutes.
                                    That strike meant a second 2-0 win for Kanjeng and a second 2-0 defeat for Nee-Nee. It leaves KRK on 2-0-0 4-0 and Nee-Nee on the mirror image. Chances in the game that took both to those numbers were 4-0 in The Sea Spirit’s favour.
                                    This section was brought to you by the numbers 4, 0 and 2 and the by the letter W.

Our first OTF derby of the day was in Division 4j as Ullapool Northern Star hosted Coxy Ladies Wulpen.
                                    The teams came into the game on the back of contrasting opening days, Polaris having won to maintain their momentum after promotion, and The Waders also keeping their momentum going, or rather the lack of it, as they lost on their return to this level. Coxy Ladies hopes of reversing those trends looked good early on as they made the first chances of game, Estelle Wuyts looping a header on to the bar in the 5th minute before Chloé Bremen crashed The Waders ahead from distance with 11 on the clock.
                                    Polaris responded though, Ivy Sawyer driving in a shot that drew a comfortable save from Sarah Asselman on 15 minutes. Asselman was powerless to stop Inès Mamouni’s thumping header from close range on 25 minutes though after the midfielder was able to leap and power home a corner.
                                    Having had their own woodwork rattled earlier Ullapool then did likewise to Coxy Ladies timber as a 28th minute free-kick was tapped for Julie Taggart to strike, only for Taggard to see her shot bounce back from the left post. The Wulpen goal appeared to be leading a charmed life when a Mamouni toe poke rebounded from the other post in the 38th minute.
                                    Wulpen’s luck ran out in the 61st minute though and once again it was a header from a corner that did it. It was a delicate finish this time, Sawyer looping a header over everyone to drop in at the far post.
                                    Bremen thought she had rescued a point for The Waders when she ‘headed’ in a 70th minute corner. But apparently headed means who propel the ball with your head and not your arm. Who knew? Ref Seymour Red for one, apparently. That disallowed effort sparked efforts from Northern Star to make their lead more comfortable, Mamouni stretch to get a toe on a 75th minute shot to redirect, only for Asselman to make a reflex save.
                                    There was one more chance in the afternoon, Waders sub Eline Ekehout trying to lob a header over Kell Crawford in the 93rd minute. However the young forward was unfortaunte to see her effort skim over the crossbar.
                                    That meant victory for Delicatemoth’s Polaris girls, one that leaves them on two wins from two and in second place in the nascent Division 4j table. As for Janik, his Coxy Ladies side have now lost both their games and sit sixth in the standings.

Comment

Matchday 2 sent Zeugma Dostluk Spor to the not in the least stereotypical Kangaroo fields to take on Girls Down Under.
                                      There was just a single chance in an incredibly tight first half. That fell to the home side on 18 minutes, and they took it to send Zeugma into the break a goal behind. However just like their hosts Antepli Ejderha ‘s charges were to score with their first sight of goal of the game, Ceyda Üzülmez levelling matters with a 49th minute breakaway strike.
                                      That was part of the process of the game turning on its head as what had once been a tight affair became increasingly open after the break. And increasingly tipped towards ZDS, who made the most of their edge in chances by taking the lead on 73 minutes when Codruta Kiss fired home following a corner, Inci Güncar making the game safe four minutes later with another breakaway strike.
                                      Two wins from two has the Anatolians top of the fresh Division 4m table.

A flood of goals was not predicted when Cassiopeia hosted Liverpool Amazons. This was down to The Vainglories drawing their opening game 0-0 and Liverpool going down 0-1.
                                      It didn’t take particularly long for one of the sides to be handed a glorious chance though as 12 minutes in ref Luke Bribe pointed to the spot. This was good news for Cassiopeia ‘keeper Vera Buric – not because she got the chance to be a hero by saving it but rather down to her nomination by Vainglories boss Stormstopper as their taker. Buric marched the length of the field, tucked the ball away, and jogged back.
                                      It was a good job a penalty was awarded, because across the rest of the game the two teams couldn’t convert their openings. Not that there were a huge number, but still that was the only goal. It meant four points from two games for Cassiopeia though, which is good enough for third spot in the Division 4n standings.

Week 1 winners Deerfield Durocs welcomed week 1 losers Ekhaga DFF to Deerfield MA in confident mood they could double up on both those stats.
                                      Once the game got underway it was clear this wasn’t going to be as straightforward for The Swine than their more one-eyed fans had hoped. Indeed it needed a helpful whistle from Ian Hartman to stop SitsWithRemote’s side going behind on 16 minutes. Deerfield took full advantage of that let off, Betty Parris firing them ahead on 27 minutes instead. Exactly what the young defender was doing in the Ekhaga box in open play is a good question, but whatever motivated her to be there was a fine impulse as it resulted in her first career goal.
                                      It would prove to be a winning strike as well as Durocs ‘keeper Sandra Balela had a stormer – a career best grade 18 in fact, seeing off four Ekhaga efforts to secure victory for her side. It was a win that lifted Deerfield up to second in the early Division 5:14 running.

Forward looking took on backward listening as Rising Stars visited The Echoes.
                                      The Stars were trying to make noise early on only for Edite Monção’s 4th minute strike to be ruled out by George Buske. This was the start of a personal bad day for Monção, who subsequently picked up an 18 day injury just after the restart.
                                      By the time Monção got hurt the score was 1-1, The Echoes taking the lead on 41 minutes but Rising responding (responding, responding) on 44 minutes through Érica Veríssimo’s header. Blamb’s side then went ahead via a very similar route, though this time (54 minutes) Veríssimo’s header was from open play rather than a corner.
                                      By this point The Ascenders were well on top, but the hosts still carrier a threat (even if a diminishing one…) which meant Veríssimo completing her hattrick with a free-kick on 74 minutes was a relief to all the travelling fans.
                                      Both teams were pointless coming into this game, but that is no longer the case for The Ascenders who move up to fourth in Division 5:19 after their first three points of the campaign.

Derby number two of the afternoon saw Bombay Green Rockets and Hazeldean Inchmistress clash at The Common.
                                      The initial phase of the game saw The Green Rockets on top, the opening sparring ending with an 11th minute shot from Becky Reynolds that was powerful, from distance, curling and above all accurate as it hit the postage stamp in Hazeldean’s top corner. Two minutes later Reynold’s moved to provider as her slide rule pass unlocked The Imperials defence to set Ashira Djivany racing clear. It was just Djivany’s second appearance for HKS3’s side following her big money (9 million econ!) purchase, and she began to pay back some of that large fee by sliding the ball cooly past Nicky Culter’s right hand and in.
                                      She tried to cover another instalment in the 16th minute, but her curler from range was high above the Hazeldean goal. The Imperials responded with a lobbed effort from Jacqueline Morgan that pinged back of the bar, before Bombay went straight down the other end and see Eileen Pöhlmann’s low shot flash narrowly wide.
                                      Chances were coming one a minute at this stage (Morgan’s in the 20th and Pöhlmann’s in the 21st), with the next chance falling to The Green Rocket’s Josephine Shelton in the 22nd minute, but her dink over Cutler as she raced through also cleared the bar. Still the breathless period wasn’t finished, Djivany picking out Agnes Panzer in the box in the 23rd minute, who finished smartly with a well-placed shot.
                                      After that breathless spell the game settled down until half-time. After it Foxy265’s Imperials needed to take their chances if they wanted to turn 3-0 deficit around, but Karen Bunton put a 48th minute breakaway chance wide of both Mathilda Grünewald’s right hand and her right-hand post. Pöhlmann was more accurate with a long-distance lob on 52 minutes to make the score 4-0, and likewise when she let fly from range again but this time low with power on 69 minutes.
                                      The game petered out from here, the final 20 minutes seeing the sides go through the motions. Well, at 5-0 to Bombay this was already done, so makes sense. It was a result that propelled The Green Rockets to the summit of the Division 5:22 table… and saw Inchmistress slump to the foot of the same.

Comment

Menywod Maeshafn were going for two from two in the league when they welcomed Empire Of The Sun to North Wales.
                                        Maeshafn had won their opening game in Division 5:28 thanks to a Pamela Stewart hattrick, and the home fans were hoping for the same again after Stewart got off the mark immediately, not even waiting for the opening minute to be complete before she headed home a cross. IsThatcherDeadYet’s side were on top following that early goal, but didn’t add to their advantage in the rest of the opening half. It also ended on a sour note as midfield star Leigh McRichter’s 100th appearance was ruined by a freak injury that saw her stretchered off and will now keep her out for 18 days.
                                        That enforced sub and a double change from Empire Of The Sun early in the second half appeared to change the game as now it was the visitors making the running. They levelled through a scion of the Utsiran Klovning clan, though this one (Fia) is obviously a more adventurous type having gone to Japan (or is it Malta) to earn her living. Klovning’s goal on 67 was followed by another for the away side on 78 as the match turned on its head and Maeshafn were beaten.
                                        The defeat saw the North Walians drop to third in the early 5:28 table.

Csiki Girls returned to Division 5:31 action with a goalless draw at Drygate Divas, but would their first home game back at this level against România provide the A kertem crowd with more excitement?
                                        In a word, no. It was another complete stalemate, with just a single chance in the entire match. That fell to away side România, but fortunately for The Csiki’s they didn’t convert it. As for Ad hoc’s team, the best they managed was Ginger Crampsey’s shot in the 62nd minute that found the back of the net, but was ruled out for an infringement in the build up.
                                        Two games played, zero scored and zero conceded is actually enough to have Csiki Girls fourth on alphabetical order in the 5:31 table. Alphabetical order as there are two other sides who have also played out two complete blanks… and one of them is The Csiki’s next opponents. That isn’t promising is it, boys and girls?

Following an opening draw LNWR Locomotive had the perfect opportunity to get a head of steam up when they visited Olimpia Satu Mare.
                                        This was ideal because Satu Mare are not zombies, they have a human manager, but are as good as because they are really a bit rubbish. The Steamers were not made to sweat for their win, rattling into a two goal lead thanks to strikes from Callie Deeney in the very first minute and Gia Diana with 10 on the watch.
                                        Both of those goals were headers, as was the third nodded home by Pauline Diallo. That strike on 54 minutes put an end to a hiatus in scoring for Viktor Boskovic’s team that had seen four first half chances spurned. Following it the pattern change to chance-GOAL with Constanza Arredondo (from long range on 60 minutes) and Sona Kahayan (another header, 66) also on target. Olimpia had a goal disallowed in the final minute, the last word going to Diana instead as she fired home her second of the day and her side’s sixth in stoppage time.
                                        The win lifted LNWR up to second in Division 6:36. No side in this section has won both their opening games, so The Steamers four points from their two fixtures is a very useful start.

Our third and final OTF derby of the day was in Timisoara, where ASU Politehnica welcomed Invisible Ladies.
                                        After a bit of a full start with a minor injury in the opening seconds which saw The See-Throughs make a very early sub, the match got underway properly. Or more like with some early sparring. It took until 18 minutes for the first chance of the afternoon, which came The Scholars way with a free-kick in shooting range. But Pakize Tilbe put it wide. The first opening of the day for Invisible was four minutes after Tilbe’s shot, Aileen Shuttlewood on target with her deft flicked header on for Politehnica ‘keeper Timmi Uara to deal with it comfortably.
                                        Elena Sãvescu was unlucky to see a shot thump back off a post in the 29th minute as The Scholars pressed on, Granthamian’s side winning another free-kick in shooting range on 39 minutes. Tilbe was on target this time around, with enough pace and accuracy to beat Nkelani Zaidi.
                                        Sãvescu was again looking to get on the scoresheet in the 42nd minute, but her powerful header went high over the bar. The play swung straight to the other end, where Phoebe Clark also tried to head home – she was on target, but her effort lacked the necessary speed and was easily saved by Uara.
                                        That was it for incidents before the break. On the restart the game had a bit of a lull, up until The See-Throughs got hot under the collar and picked up three yellow cards in four minutes. The last of these heavy fouls came with 57 minutes on the clock and was in shooting range, but this Tilbe skimmed her direct shot over the bar. The Scholars wouldn’t have long to wait after that for a second strike though, Nanna Hällqvist’s well placed shot in the 62nd minute finding the bottom corner of the Invisible net.
                                        Sãvescu was nothing if not persistent in trying to get her name in lights, but her lob header on 64 minutes was punched away by Zaidi, who also saved from Tilbe on 86 after the Politehnica midfielder burst clear. Hällqvist was also denied by Zaidi when she attempted to poke home in the 88th minute, which proved to be the final chance of the afternoon as The Scholars ultimately won a bit more comfortably than the 2-0 final scoreline implies.
                                        The win was The Scholars first points of the campaign after an opening day defeat, which lifts them up to third in the Division 6:44 table. Defeat left The See-Throughs on one point from their opening two games after a draw first time out. That sees them sitting seventh in the table.

And finally we come to Dublin City Womens FC, who were looking to build on an opening day draw when they visited Tallås Golden Girls.
                                        Having been hit by a very late goal last time out The Molly Malones were counting no chickens following Emma Timmermans 4th minute opener. However this time around Mortal Joe’s team were able to build pressure following taking the lead, and gave themselves something of a cushion when Maria Lyktberg headed a second on 40 minutes.
                                        Two-nil up and cruising at the break was good, but this comfortable advantage didn’t last all that long after the restart, Tallås pulling one back in the 50th minute. That made for a nervous time for the rest of the game for Dublin fans mindful of their experience 7 days prior, but this time around their defence would hold firm to secure the three points.
                                        The win lifted The Molly Malones up to third in the Division 6:57 standings. Only one side in this section has a 100% record after two games, so Dublin are right in touch with their four points gained to date.

Comment

Janik thanks, great effort as usual. And especially for noticing (which I didn’t) Balela’s career best and Parris’ first goal.

Comment

Sans Culottes the first team to go. Got a nice message from cpi, surprisingly. (I'm not going to be keeping up a running commentary on my teams going!)

Comment

Big kudos to VA for effectively covering two matchdays in his recent round-ups. Let me give you a slightly easier week this time...

OTF Season 67 Round 10 Round-Up

OTF

A profitable day for the top three, who were all victorious. The most notable of those victories was Berkshire Swine's 1-0 success at Vita Mortis that sees 4th-placed Mortis distanced from the leading trio. Karel Ruban headed in the Swine's second-half winner, their only effort on goal during the 90 minutes. The Swine stay 2nd, one point behind Dandy Town, who struck early at home to Rejects Redux through Tomas Bachini and saw out the rest of the contest without fuss. A more eventful encounter unfolded at Porridge Court, where Croesoswallt Dragons found themselves trailing 2-1 to bottom side die Ambosse midway through the second half after wasting a succession of chances. But, shortly after Matias Grimmel had given the home side that lead, Dragons substitute Calum Heggie nodded home an equaliser and then teed up Tomislav Mujanovic to crack in the winner. The win keeps the Dragons a point behind the Swine in 3rd. Four Candles stay 5th after a goalless draw at home to Waveney Valley Swifts, who are without a win in eight but nonetheless move above the Rejects out of the drop zone. Great Ouse Town stay 6th but put four points between themselves and the relegation places with a 3-1 win at 9th-placed Locomotiv Noj, a victory that was well deserved but not secured until the last ten minutes, when Kingsley Noel buried his second header of the day and Irving Kenyon tucked away a stoppage-time penalty.

Division 1

After reaching the summit with their convincing 4-1 win at Whoft Fluffopolis last Monday, nerves perhaps got the better of Hampshire Deers in the return fixture at The Meadow, where they were outplayed and fortunate to lose only 2-1, with Dwight Allmark's 12th goal of the season merely a late consolation after Whymark Steggles had twice climbed above the home defence to put the Fluffers in control. They rise to 5th, while the Deers' brief stay at the top was ended by Zeugmaspor, who climbed above them thanks to a comfortable 3-1 home victory over Turd Division, Yaman Dursan and Hüsrev Engiz both scoring in the final ten minutes to seal the points. The Turds could only manage a last-minute token effort and, after being top ten days previously, they are now six points off the lead in 6th. Eriskay Expression dropped out of the promotion places after a startling 3-0 home defeat by AFC Csiki Monkeys, who remain in the bottom three but are only a win away from the top three. It's tight. Banik Roystonov can vouch for that, three wins in a row having lifted them from 9th to 3rd. Their latest success was a 5-1 thrashing of Wharfedale Generals, with Julius Wozniak claiming a hat-trick. The Generals are well adrift and will no doubt be thinking about next season. Somers Town Sugar Imps moved out of the relegation zone and dropped Steaua Bridge in it by smacking them 4-1 at the Belinda Carlisle. The goals were spread nicely around the team, and the fourth came when they were down to ten men, Bezzul De Pirod Amico Inguanez having been dismissed halfway through the second period (for excessive nomenclature, possibly).

Division 2

Ten out of ten for Littlewoods Legends, whose perfect start rarely looked threatened at home to tail-enders Great Northern Railway, though the visitors were briefly level at 1-1 before the hosts flexed their legendary muscles and eased to a 4-1 win. The other two teams in the top three also maintained their promotion push. Azure Dragons stay 2nd after edging past OWC Albion 2-1, who slip into the bottom three as a result, and 3rd-placed Portsmouth FC enjoyed a thumping 4-0 win at Wednesday de la Zouch, who stay 9th, with Ernst Menge netting twice. Saltney Drawers in 4th are now six points shy of the promotion places after being held to a goalless draw at Wensleydale Blues, who move up to 7th with the point. Kernow Kensa and Heffron Hendecagon remain adjacent in mid-table after they shared a 1-1 draw at the Kernowek Stadium, Neville The Barman grabbing a well-deserved equaliser for the Hendecagons in the final few minutes.

Division 3

Alex de Souza and Phillip Hibbitt scored in the final 20 minutes to see Cods of War past Pinewood Passers and continue their march towards promotion. They remain six points clear of Veni Vici Vigata, who were also 2-0 winners at home, goals from Keegan Gallacher and Drew Backhouse defeating Brian Munchingflapjack, who slip to 8th, one place above the Passers. Dropping out of the promotion places are New Dresden following a heavy defeat at Eintracht Midwest, Geoffrey Myers scoring twice early on for a dominant Midwest side, who climb to 4th, Athletico Deva move into the third promotion place with a 5-0 hammering of 4twenties' neglected players. After missing out on the goals in the 4-0 win over the same opposition three days previously, Jonte Malmsborg helped himself to four of the five in the return, ignoring the pleas of others to take a penalty even after he had already bagged his hat-trick. A late strike from substitute Takashi Morioka caught out hitherto-unemployed Indigo Plateau goalkeeper Pika Chumeichel to give Brutal Deluxe Redux victory and move them to 7th, within one point and one place of their opponents.

Comment

I confess I did peruse the current OTF tables this morning with one eye on the possibility of another 'two-for-one' roundup should it be required! Great to see you back in the saddle instead HO.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                                  Sans Culottes the first team to go. Got a nice message from cpi, surprisingly. (I'm not going to be keeping up a running commentary on my teams going!)
                                                  That must've been a bit unexpected! Sorry to see you bow out there, as I will be in the various other leagues down the track. It's quite something to note that you must've won league titles in virtually all of them, hats off indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Granthamian View Post
                                                    Can I just pick your admin brains for a second? I am in a VIP league where the admin has not been able to set up a cup competition because one manager has let his VIP expire. Trouble is he has not logged in for 3 weeks and maybe has gone for good. Is there a workaround that you know of, like could this guy be sacked. Would that allow the cup to be set up, then perhaps reinstate him afterwards, something like that. I'm sure this is a problem some of you will have faced at some time, any advice would be welcome!
                                                    Sorry Granthamain, only just saw this.

If they haven't yet resolved the impasse, your workaround above should in fact do it I think. That is, in a VIP league all managers present have to be VIP for a cup to be set up – but if I remember correctly it doesn't necessarily require all teams to have managers in order to be set up. Thus, an absent manager who's let their VIP lapse will block the cup creation, but if you temporarily inactivate them then it ought to be possible to set up the competition in the window during which all remaining managers will be VIP. The only stumbling block would be whether the system then permits then to be reinstated afterwards, since obviously it would technically require admitting a non-VIP manager to a VIP league at that point.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X