No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lokomotiv Leiden miss out on what they want by a single goal. Ah, I remember that feeling.

Comment

Meanwhile the Sods go up to HLC1 with the only negative being that we'll not renew our rivalry with Leiden as they fail to stay up (see above)

Comment

Experimenting with VA's picture-shrinking instructions, here is Gloucester Old Spots' mixed bag. The last to feature Zemir Makarovic:

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
          Lokomotiv Leiden miss out on what they want by a single goal. Ah, I remember that feeling.
          Bad luck Wouter, I thought our late goal might be enough to send Brooklands down but it wasn't to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
            Now just an anxious wait to see if I've grabbed the TotM award for July - we won at home, the team in 2nd won away, so I really have no idea which way that will turn out.
            Looks like you've done it SdR so congratulations with that. Talking of TotM, Whoft Fluffopolis in the OTF have absolutely nailed it this month. Now just watch our form plummet.

Comment

Thanks Foxy, we were just able to cling on. I don't usually pay much attention to that screen but I happened to look the other day and noticed I was ahead with one game to go.

And well done in the OTF, you won that at a canter.

Comment

In HL Championship 6, Horten Market follow up our 8th and 7th place finishes of the last two seasons by ending in 6th, which is the very definition of steady improvement.
                We managed to finish below all 3 of the 'newly-promoted' sides, and above the three teams who dropped down from Division 5 (in fact, all 3 managed back-to-back relegations).

Comment

Penwith Players are still in HLC13. Haven't moved for nine glorious seasons...

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
                    Despite taking four points off the champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
                      Ooh, Gloucester Old Spots' ten consecutive seasons in GHLC9 is under threat!

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                        Ooh, Gloucester Old Spots' ten consecutive seasons in GHLC9 is under threat!
                        Challenge accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                          Despite taking four points off the champions.
                          Yes, that was a rum state of affairs.

Comment

What is the term for the opposite of a yo-yo club anyway?

Comment

A floater?

Comment

Let's go with that.

Comment

I was going to say a "flatliner", but it's hard to go past a "floater". Literally.

Comment

My extra quota was due to run out tomorrow so I paid today and found I've now got an extra team. I've applied to take over a side in the J4GL.

If that's successful I think a new red and black kit would be nice. I wonder if there's anyone on here won could help?

Comment

The reason why we play, enjoy, get pissed off by and love this game. An absolute belter between Zalec Zmaj and Gaffney Globular tonight in the MLX cup. Good luck in your remaining games Etienne.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                        I was going to say a "flatliner", but it's hard to go past a "floater". Literally.
                                        If you're swimming at least remember to keep your mouth closed.

Comment

Floater it is then...

Comment

Thanks Foxy. Zmaj are a bit like Germany, if you don't beat us in regular time, then we'll beat you on penalties.

Comment

In fact, I've just gone through our history, and I think it's possible that we have won all twelve shoot-outs the club has ever taken part in. If we've lost one it must have been a very low scoring one that I didn't recognise as a penalty shoot out while scanning through the results.

Comment

Impressive, what's your secret?

Comment

Lots of ice cubes, surely...

Comment

That's phenomenal Etienne, though I'm indeed not surprised considering your squad's freezerful of ice-cubes.
                                                    Was watching the 'live' score during my own game (a heartbreaking late defeat to regular foes Gotham City), and it looked like another in the run of recent classics between ZZ and GG, great stuff.

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                                    My extra quota was due to run out tomorrow so I paid today and found I've now got an extra team. I've applied to take over a side in the J4GL.
                                                    If that's successful I think a new red and black kit would be nice. I wonder if there's anyone on here won could help?
                                                    AE, I noticed the other day you'd joined the J4GL. Great choice, and great to have you there – is it your first time in that league?

There is a black-and-red reverse version of my red-and-black Mars Rovers kit made but not uploaded. Here's how the pairing would look:

If you fancy that then I can get it added to the VA Sports catalogue pronto for you.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X