• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need more?

Comment

I think this is too close to home for me to participate

Comment

I think I can guess roughly where it is, but I haven't made the time to search street view

Comment

StreetView is actually rather limited in the area in question

Comment

Comment

The Spuyten Duyvil Creek

Comment

Nice one you two. I never knew the whole SD Creek / Harlem Creek thing until reading the thread so thought it would be good to find a really un-Manhattan-looking place while still being in Manhattan.

Comment

In addition to the highway bridge visible on the top right, the Spuyten Duyvill is spanned by a railroad bridge that swings open to allow ship to pass (in this case a Circle Line sightseeing boat)

Anyone traveling between Penn Station (not Grand Central) and the Hudson Valley will pass over the bridge (and by our building)

Comment

Amazing. If I saw that photo out,of context it could ne anywhere. For example, the Mooney Mooney rail bridge, about an hour north of Sydney on the Hawkesbury River:

Comment

Comment

Thank you, very creepy. I've found it although my view is on a different date and bizarrely the sign has changed colour:

I won't say where it is in case someone else wants to have a go at finding it

Comment

It looks like a graveyard of some description, with particularly shaped markers that are often dressed in cloth. Somewhere cold and flat. All not very helpful, and probably incorrect

Comment

I’m amazed FB got it. Well I’m not I suppose.

I was wondering about the place in Russia that had the huge meteorite strike(?) about a century ago.

Comment

I had a lucky guess at what type of thing we're looking at and then the place came up fairly quickly

Comment

I'm not sure if we're still doing this or if everyone's got it, but here is a picture from the field itself looking back at the road (obvs a photosphere this one)

Comment

As far as I can tell only FB knows so far.

Comment

Here's the closest road junction, for lovers of road furniture

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                      I had a lucky guess at what type of thing we're looking at and then the place came up fairly quickly
                                      I've done the same thing and found it. Before I googled, and after seeing the photo of the road I did wonder if it was Lithuania (particularly whether it was connected to Grutas Park), but no.

Comment

The reverse view gave it away for me (and then googling). I couldn't tell (as is obvious from my last post) what it was from the original one.

Comment

I hope nobody is waiting for me as I haven’t a clue and am looking forward to the big reveal.

Comment

With apologies for the clumsy shading bit. Took me a while to find something that may be helpful.

Comment

Thanks for giving me time to catch up.

Comment

I will name it if nobody else is going to, but I’m not setting the next challenge!

https://www.google.com/maps/@65.0932...3840?entry=ttu

Last edited by Sits; 25-02-2024, 03:33.

Comment

Reviving the thread for an important occasion:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X