OTF Wordle: 'The Open'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon G View Post

And the game is halved as I bottle it like Tottenham in a cup final and only hit another bogey 5.

An intriguing, if somewhat frustrating, game - thanks pebblethefish
    I spotted that something wasn't right as your match with pebblethefish started three days before mine with Sits, and we're playing the seventh today.

When you went 1 up you thought you'd played six holes, and in fact it was seven. You then won the next to complete a victory by 2 & 1.

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post

I spotted that something wasn't right as your match with pebblethefish started three days before mine with Sits, and we're playing the seventh today.

When you went 1 up you thought you'd played six holes, and in fact it was seven. You then won the next to complete a victory by 2 & 1.
      In that case - my apologies PTF. Thank you for the game nonetheless.

Comment

For any players looking to start a match, ale has an open challenge on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
          And another par 4 on Hole Seven, irony towers
          At no point did I get any orange tiles to work with, and a strike-out ushers in the rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
            Might be time to ask irony towers if there's a record for most holes halved at start of a match.
            The only hole-by-hole records I keep are for tournaments. Two matches in WMT2 began with four halved holes: Rogin v Uncle Ethan and pebble v Simon G.

The longest sequence of halved holes anywhere in a tournament match is five (both from holes 5 to 9 inclusive, with both matches finishing all-square): EEG v San Bernardhinault in WMT1 and Balderdasha v Sits in WMT2.

Comment

So, match my 4 today on the 6th, and we set an unofficial record today, Rogin the Armchair fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                So, match my 4 today on the 6th, and we set an unofficial record today, Rogin the Armchair fan.
                Logan Mountstuart, I'm almost sorry our sequence has been broken, but I found a birdie 3.

Comment

irony towers I’m happy to report a 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                    irony towers I'm happy to report a 3.
                    ...which I could only match, to confirm my customary tonking from you, by 2 & 1. Well done once again.

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post

...which I could only match, to confirm my customary tonking from you, by 2 & 1. Well done once again.
                      Thanks for the game IT. This isn’t a record I can explain.

Comment

Fighting back with a 3 on the 7th, Rogin the Armchair fan.

Comment

Fighting back with a 3 on the 7th, Rogin the Armchair fan.
                          I matched your 3 to cling on to my lead, Logan Mountstuart.

Comment

It appears we're the last two standing at the moment, Rogin the Armchair fan. A 3 on the 8th, to maybe send Mrs. Rogin into further despair.

Comment

It appears we're the last two standing at the moment, Rogin the Armchair fan. A 3 on the 8th, to maybe send Mrs. Rogin into further despair.
                              Logan Mountstuart We'll be heading to the final tee all square, as I got a par 4!

Comment

Thanks for the match, Rogin the Armchair fan.whatever happens today, it's been a right old tussle.

I have finished with a very, very fortunate 3. I could think of at least 5 other choices.

Comment

Thanks for the match, Rogin the Armchair fan.whatever happens today, it's been a right old tussle.

I have finished with a very, very fortunate 3. I could think of at least 5 other choices.
                                  Logan Mountstuart and your fortune brings you the spoils! I went the wrong way and got what was probably still a fortunate 4. Well played!

irony towers for the scorebook, that's Logan beats Rogin, 1 up.

Comment

Seeing as it's been limping along lately (quantitatively speaking, rather than qualitatively), I wouldn't mind pulling the plug on grading ladder matches at, say, the end of the month. Of course, that wouldn't preclude players arranging non-ranking friendly matches, and they're welcome to use this thread for that.

The best plan from here, I feel, is to concentrate on Ryder Cup tournaments, staging three per year around September, January and May. I'll have to trust that there'll still be a critical mass of take-up if there are fallow spells in between.

Comment

Let me say that this bears no relation whatsoever to the fact that I've just taken two heavy hits on the ladder, nor that it would make me the reigning WMT champion in perpetuity. For some time I'd been thinking that a schedule of 2 x WMT + 2 x WRC commits me to scorecards and write-ups for five months of the year and, while monitoring ladder matches isn't unduly onerous, it requires me to check in frequently.

Comment

irony towers I don't think anyone could blame you for saying it's a hell of an undertaking you've inadvertently set yourself, we're all bloody grateful for what you do. The Ryder Cups also feel more fun than when we're playing with ourselves <Kenneth Williams face>.

Comment

Thanks for a great game, Rogin. And special thanks to IT. It's always up to you how much you do for us.

Comment

Back in room after domestic bereavement issues. Agree with irony towers that the league ladder unfortunately seems to have served its purpose. Full on praise for his organisational skills & will participate in any tournament he arranges going forward.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your bereavement issues ale

I completely agree with you though. Thank you irony towers for all of your efforts. I look forward to the next WMP and WRC.

Comment

Absolute agreement.

Massive thanks to IT for all his work on this, and also the big tournaments.

I think we should maybe still play games on here for fun, if we're up for it. But let's not have the ladder, and let's save IT's skills and energy for when it's most useful.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                                  Absolute agreement.

Massive thanks to IT for all his work on this, and also the big tournaments.

I think we should maybe still play games on here for fun, if we're up for it. But let's not have the ladder, and let's save IT's skills and energy for when it's most useful.
                                                  All of this.

On which note, anyone fancy a game, from Monday as I’ve played Sunday already?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X