Covid-19 and gambling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid-19 and gambling

I'll put this in Games as gambling must be one, since when the fun stops, you stop.

Must be a knock on effect of the cessation of sport, though personally I'm on winning streak of five, albeit going back to when there was still sport on:

1. Bangladesh to hit more sixes than Zimbabwe (2/5)
    2.Man Utd to beat Lask AND Australia to beat NZ (3/2) (when did you ever see odds against for those two?)
    now snooker since most sport was cancelled:
    3.Brecel to beat Doherty (13/8)
    4. Day to beat Luo (4/7)
    5. Four-fold: Trump & Liang Wenbo & Wilson & Williams (roughly evens)

I imagine some punters are going to take on the virtual stuff but that has to be rigged in the bookies' favour overall.

And I guess there'll be a big drop in takings from the casual punter (I'm probably even less than casual as I tend to stake pennies just for the fun of seeing if I can call things) who sticks a few quid on a weekend accumulator.

Comment

Mexico is still playing a few more matches and MMA is still happening for some reason, but I expect all the sports books to take a huge bath on this. Can’t say I’m too sorry about that, except, of course, it will come out of the pockets of the people who can least afford it.

Comment

People are betting on E-Sports

Comment

I’m sure they are. That seems ripe for a fixing scandal.

Comment

It's already had a fair few.

Comment

I lump about a tenner a week on multiple £1 eachway punts about PGA or European Tour golf.

My turf accountant won't be hearing from me for months.

Comment

Working...
              X