No announcement yet.

Last Covid-19-free country / territory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Pepsi filming of Wakanda Forever had to shut down in January 2022 due to cast and crew members testing positive for Covid-19. Wakanda is out: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2022/...e-to-covid-19/

Comment

So, working back through my list, at the end of a gruelling three year competition, drumroll please:

Gold goes to ursus arctos for Tristan da Cunha, which remains Covid free
      Silver goes to tee rex for Tokelau, which stood defiantly until succumbing in December 2022
      Bronze goes to Greenlander for Pitcairn Island
      4th place to Stobart for Tuvalu
      5th place to longeared for North Korea (though this is a dubious achievement due to the virus probably arriving a good two years before the government admitted it)
      6th place to lambers for Nauru
      7th place to Various Artist for the Cook Islands
      8th place to delicatemoth for Ascension Island (a slightly wobbly placing due to the government's indecision about whether there were actually any cases)
      9th place to Sean of the Shed for Kiribati
      10th place to Antepli Ejderha for Tonga

The lesson for this contest is very similar to the life lessons learned from Pointless. Pick an obscure small island and you can't go far wrong.
      Last edited by Balderdasha; 11-04-2023, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
        Hot Pepsi filming of Wakanda Forever had to shut down in January 2022 due to cast and crew members testing positive for Covid-19. Wakanda is out: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2022/...e-to-covid-19/
        I'd forgotten that I picked Wakanda. It says a lot about how the last three years seems to have happened in a different reality. I don't think I'm the sort of person who would have made that joke, but there it is.

I think the point I was making is that the only way a country could remain COVID-free was to have an sci-fi invisibility cloak around itself. But that wasn't clear.

Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 11-04-2023, 17:42.

Comment

Working...
        X