Group G - Brazil, Cameroon, Serbia, Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I have learned from the first half commentary:
    Pacheta plays for West Ham. Seriously. Who knew?
    Alisson's middle name is Rameses. I would have preferred Tutankhamum, but you can't have everything

I wish I'd washed the game young miss aureus was watching

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
      I have just a rather over-excited report on the first half from my daughter, complete with acting some of the highlights.
      Based on her report, Serbia are pretty good but keep crossing the ball over the heads of their forwards, one of the Serbians missed an open goal by letting the ball roll through his legs, Vinicius Junior is useless and has done nothing and Serbia have a good goalkeeper. Also one of the Brazilians has a very strange running style.
      I was thinking of going to watch the second with her, but I'm not sure if it won't be more entertaining if I wait for her final report.
      The game is pretty good, but what you describe here makes it very clear that it will be more entertaining if you wait for her final report.

Comment

I'm thinking the Brazil bench might actually beat the Brazil starting XI.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
          I'm thinking the Brazil bench might actually beat the Brazil starting XI.
          I reckon so.

Wow. That was nice though

Comment

Absolutely brilliant.

Now do it for Spurs you gimp!

Comment

I'd say that Vinicius Jr has been the best front player for Brazil (I recognise that this puts me in opposition to S. Aureus 's daughter). Neymar has had a shocker. Raphinha too.

Comment

Ugh. What a day for horrible bastards scoring goals, first Ronaldo and now that scowling bell end. All it needs is Neymar to score and it'll be a full house of twats.

Comment

I keep seeing "Alex Salmond"

Comment

Liew has disgraced himself with a fawning match report.

Comment

Good to see a Frank Worthington tribute goal at the World Cup. Needed one extra juggle though.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        Liew has disgraced himself with a fawning match report.
                        Look, it's not easy to find mdma in Qatar, and sharing it would expose you to risk

Comment

That was fantastic tonight. Both teams' performances (in very different ways), Brazil tearing loose in the second half, Richarlison's superlative finish being right in front of us, an absolutely cracking atmosphere from the two sets of fans as well as the neutrals and an absurdly amazing stadium.

Well worth getting home at 2:30am for, even when I'm at tomorrow's massive early kick-off.

Comment

When I was at Brazil-Ghana at the Westfalen in 2006, the Brazilian fans were mostly interested in stuffing their faces with snacks and Coca-Cola. There were these official Coca-Cola guys walking around the stands with tanks of Coca-Cola on their backs, constantly topping up the thirsty Brazilians and getting in the way of my view. Is it the same again?

Comment

Not that I saw, the thousands around us kept up a constant cacophony of chanting, drumming and general noise-making.

Comment

Neymar's out of the rest of the group stage games at least. Based on last night, Brazil won't miss him much.

Comment

A blessing in disguise that.

Comment

I don't watch a vast amount of international football, so maybe I've just missed all his best stuff, but I'm going to go to my grave mystified as to why Neymar is lauded as such a wonderful player. In virtually every game I've seen him play he's never more than quite good and is a million miles away from standing out as some sort of exceptional talent.

His goalscoring statistics are pretty impressive but it looks like he peaked in his early-20s.

Baffled.

Comment

Apparently Richarlison is a really horrible person because he once did some unnecessary skills during a match...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rld-cup-brazil
                                      Last edited by Jimski; 25-11-2022, 22:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                                        Apparently Richarlison is a really horrible person because he once did some unnecessary skills during a match... Or not.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rld-cup-brazil
                                        Richarlison became my favourite EPL player when he did his bit of keepy-uppy to wind up a load of gammon. Every thing I've seen and read since has only increased my adoration.

Comment

This is a surprise.

Comment

Serbia set to rue a couple of glaring early misses.

(Meanwhile, the game stopped with Serbia on the attack because a defender took one in the cream crackers?)

Comment

Well, that changed quickly.

Comment

Serbia turn it about in added time.

Good contest, this.

Comment

Are rigobert song's dreadlocks stitched into that cap? He's got the beard of Morgan freeman, and the hair of a late 20s Bob marley.

Decent game. That Serbian keeper looks very different to when he was in the man urd youth team. I can't decide if it's the shaved head or the massive beard.

Comment

3-1 Serbia via Mitrovic. Cameroon basically shot themselves in the foot there.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X