No announcement yet.

Off field antics tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a set of fans storming one of the disabled entrance doors that are next to every set of turnstiles. I saw it happen at least four times tonight There were hundreds if not thousands of feral scumbags who had got through the external cordon of covid and ticket checks by forcing their way through behind people with tickets or just stormed a barrier.

Hundreds of them hammered away at the disabled doors until they gave way and were met with a handful of stewards. At least two of the people I saw charging the gate had kids on their shoulders who looked around five years old.

Add to that people trying to force open the turnstiles, or trying to use any QR code to activate them, stealing phones to try and use the tickets or squeezing in with genuine ticket holders. Then factor in that the Italian section was stormed from outside three times during the game and Italian fans who had tickets for their sections but who found themselves surrounded by English and were fought or intimidated in to jumping across the tarpaulin dividers to the rest of their fans for their own safety

Wembley should never get another tournament final ever again, neither should London or England really. Tonight was an absolute shambles and disgrace. The staffing, policing, preparedness and security were all woeful.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-07-2021, 02:49.

Comment

https://twitter.com/michelleowen7/status/1414268353296965637?s=21

Comment

https://twitter.com/michelleowen7/status/1414364162680033283?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

That is a set of fans storming one of the disabled entrance doors that are next to every set of turnstiles. I saw it happen at least four times tonight There were hundreds if not thousands of feral scumbags who had got through the external cordon of covid and ticket checks by forcing their way through behind people with tickets or just stormed a barrier.

Hundreds of them hammered away at the disabled doors until they gave way and were met with a handful of stewards. At least two of the people I saw charging the gate had kids on their shoulders who looked around five years old.

Add to that people trying to force open the turnstiles, or trying to use any QR code to activate them, stealing phones to try and use the tickets or squeezing in with genuine ticket holders. Then factor in that the Italian section was stormed from outside three times during the game and Italian fans who had tickets for their sections but who found themselves surrounded by English and were fought or intimidated in to jumping across the tarpaulin dividers to the rest of their fans for their own safety

Wembley should never get another tournament final ever again, neither should London or England really. Tonight was an absolute shambles and disgrace. The staffing, policing, preparedness and security were all woeful.
          Christ that is depressing to read and that was sickening to watch.

Its just so galling that these bastards give the rest of us a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Tonight was an absolute shambles and disgrace. The staffing, policing, preparedness and security were all woeful.
            Absolutely right. Biggest game for 55 years and really, they can't predict that every entitled lairy cunt for miles around is going to want to be part of it and after a few beers and some coke will try their hand at getting in? We've rightly pointed the finger at other countries who've hosted shambolic finals and big games but (as with so many other problematic things) we should probably examine our own back yard before doing so.

Comment

Tickets were €300, €600 and €1000 each last night. England fans weren't the only ones taking the piss.

Comment

They were the only ones punching minimum wage temp staff to get in though.

Comment

This confirms why I'd never go to a match involving England.

Comment

https://twitter.com/migueldelaney/status/1414495489752510467?s=21

Comment

Any more updates on the vacancy news this morning?

Comment

https://twitter.com/GranadaReports/status/1414486585198981122?s=19

Comment

A number of continental commentators are suggesting that this should disqualify England from hosting major tournaments for the near to medium term.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                            Tickets were €300, €600 and €1000 each last night. England fans weren't the only ones taking the piss.
                            I feel like this is an odd and uncharacteristic take

Comment

Really? It might be odd, that's a matter of opinion obvs, but uncharacteristic?

Comment

I don't blame anyone who tried to get in without a ticket. I think it's appalling that minimum wage workers were assaulted. I think the minimum wage workers should either be paid a lot more money to intervene in the way they did, or just not bother. I think the England fans chanting "pay your fucking money" and assaulting people who jibbed in are awful. I don't think this is either uncharacteristic or odd.

Comment

Seems to me the police decided that the best way to deal with numbers that large was to leave them to it, and that was probably wise. The contract with the candle lit vigil is obviously stark, but the police have been bullies for years and years now and only ever move in if they have the numbers. Awful wankers.

Comment

Well, okay. Does that logic apply everywhere? Like if I thought a pub was overcharging and decided to harass staff until I got my drinks for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      Well, okay. Does that logic apply everywhere? Like if I thought a pub was overcharging and decided to harass staff until I got my drinks for free?
                                      I'd probably go to a different pub first, but sure. If someone is charging a grand for a pint, go wild.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

I'd probably go to a different pub first, but sure. If someone is charging a grand for a pint, go wild.
                                        They had options. It was on free to air TV. They chose to "go wild".

Comment

They had options. It was on free to air TV. They chose to "go wild".
                                          So this inclusive and representative England team are inclusive and representative but only to those lucky enough to be able to afford a couple of hundred quid on a ticket? Sound.

There's kids growing up in sight of Wembley whose only chance of ever getting in the ground is through an act of charity from Raheem Sterling or by becoming a professional footballer themselves. That's fundamentally wrong.

I'm not naive enough to think that everyone who rushed the gates falls into this category, but nor am I overly arsed by that.

Go and watch it on telly. Deary me.

Comment

I don't see this as a triumph in the class struggle or a direct action for social justice. That's a very positive take.

Comment

I bet Eric's is wishing he hadn't claimed it was a triumph in the class struggle now.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                A number of continental commentators are suggesting that this should disqualify England from hosting major tournaments for the near to medium term.
                                                Well in effect they've just hosted one, so they can't complain, but yes, it definitely should.

Comment

I don't see this as a triumph in the class struggle or a direct action for social justice. That's a very positive take.
                                                  I'm not sure I see it like that either. But it's certainly why I don't blame anyone for trying their luck. I consider 600 quid for a ticket theft, and I think excluding a large percentage of the population from a game governing bodies try to sell as "theirs" is absolutely disgusting.

Comment

Let’s face it, English fans can’t even do hooliganism well. It’s all attacking children, breaking down disabled entrances and getting your arse out in public. If we had proper ultras, then the wider football community might respect us more.

[/ironic]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X