Nederlands v Ukrayina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nederlands v Ukrayina

Nigel de Jong's just said that Maarten Stekelenburg was 40. I thought "that can't be right" and I checked. It's not. Born September 1982. A month after me.

For the first time at a Euros or World Cup, I'm older than the oldest player.

Glad that NOS is hiding Frank de Boer’s incompetence by having his brother as pundit.

Comment

I'm actually relieved to hear Clive Tyldesley on commentary. Can ITV please throw both Matterface and Speight in the bin?

Comment

ITV at their finest there, cutting to an ad break midway through the Ukraine anthem. And they do it again!

Comment

Easily the best combination of kits so far in this one, the baby blues on Ukraine are particularly lush live.

Comment

Ukraine could murder this lot if they decide to attack. I hope they don't play in a "happy with second place so à draw would be nice" kind of way, like Turkey did.

Comment

I'll be disappointed if Ally McCoist doesn't eulogise about one of Amsterdam's landmarks in the first ten minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                Ukraine could murder this lot if they decide to attack. I hope they don't play in a "happy with second place so à draw would be nice" kind of way, like Turkey did.
                Early returns indicate that Sheva thinks they can take all three points here, end-to-end stuff.

Comment

This game has started like the fucking clappers.

Comment

So fucking open!

Comment

Netherlands seem to be playing the Ajax way, attacking with clusters of players.

Comment

10 minutes in, game of the tournament so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                          I'll be disappointed if Ally McCoist doesn't eulogise about one of Amsterdam's landmarks in the first ten minutes.
                          The Anne Frank House?

Comment

Denzel Dumfries is the player name of the tournament so far. Very pleased he's a Sparta Rotterdam product too.

Comment

Denzel Dumfries can be another inclusion for the wandering-Celts XI.

Comment

Malinovsky is very functional.

Comment

I wouldn't want to be clattered by Wout Weghorst either.

Comment

This is fantastic, deserves a goal.

Comment

Entertaining game and solid McCoist/Tyldesley partnership on commentary. Just think Ukraine need to try their luck when they get 25 yards out rather than take an extra touch

Comment

Ukraine keeper has pulled off another fine save and that's a dreadful header by Dumfries, like one of mine.

Comment

Bushchan is "on a madness" as I believe the kids say.

Comment

Such a good, open game that I've put a quid on it finishing 0-0. Ukraine are good though.

Comment

I think I've worked out the reason this is so good is because Holland are playing with defenders who are forbidden from tackling and if you run at them, you just run past them.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                                Ukraine keeper has pulled off another fine save and that's a dreadful header by Dumfries, like one of mine.
                                                Bollocks he probably should have done better with that. Good finish.

On second viewing, not sure what else he could do.

Comment

Get in. Deserved.

The keeper needs to hold it, though. The second goal today where a keeper was culpable (but so was his defence, to be fair).

Comment

Working...
                                                  X