Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF League Manager Game (New Players Welcome!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really need similar division sizes. For new players, keeping your players form up is critical, and getting them experience, so they get a good end of season update. Some of the lower leagues have received reasonable youths through the system (that turns off out of the transfer window) and had no chance to give them game time before the season ends. Avoiding that problem is critical, plus the 1m a week is pretty much going on keeping the teams form high at the moment.

So, even leagues please.

Comment

The end is nigh. Today's games wrap it up, and new season begins as soon as possible.

Will make a decision as to league structure/size when I set up the new season. 11/11 or similar looks most likely.

Comment

I like the 10/12 idea.

Comment

The title stays in Cardiff.

Comment

2008-05-06 Csiki Monkeys - CupHolders AFCPhoebe 1 - 2 (1 - 0)
            2008-05-06 Underdogs of War - Hornville 0 - 2 (0 - 1)
            2008-05-06 Puolimatkan - Green Star F-Burg 2 - 0 (0 - 0)
            2008-05-06 Beachcombers Utd - 1927 1 - 3 (0 - 3)

1927 35
            Green Star F-Burg 32
            Underdogs of War 23
            Cardiff Dragons 23
            Puolimatkan 21
            Beachcombers Utd 19
            CupHolders AFCPhoebe 19
            Csiki Monkeys 17
            Hornville 17

Big congratulations to captain insano.

Comment

Matej's lads need to take a good, long, hard look at themselves.

It has to be 1927 as the VIP (he says, ruefully).

Comment

I knew it was going to happen. My team was no where near on form during the vital stretch.

Still though... Dammit.

If consensus is for 1927 to win the VIP thingy, I'll go with that.

Comment

Sorry, Matej. After all your hard work running the league, some glory would have been well deserved.

Comment

Runners-up medals aren't bad. It's like Chelsea will be this year. (or Man U, I suppose.)

If somebody wants to go ahead and sort out X11 of the year, Player of the Year, U21 Player of the Year, etc, I'd much appreciate it.

Comment

X11 of the Year:

G: Isaac Bradley (Green Star F-Burg)

D: Lane Arnold (Green Star F-Burg)
                      D: Naoki Chikanatsu (Hornville)
                      D: Lennart Lifmark (Underdogs Of War)
                      D: Géza Szöllôs (Csiki Monkeys)

M: Victor Beckford (1927)
                      M: Nelson Julinho (Green Star F-Burg)
                      M: Gene Lani (Underdogs of War)
                      M: Theodore McNally (CupHolders AFCPhoebe)

F: Henry Collén (Csiki Monkeys)
                      F: Silva Salazar (CupHolders AFCPhoebe)

Manager: Captaininsano (1927)

Player of the season: Lennart Lifmark (Underdogs Of War)
                      Division 1 Player of the season: Stelian Lehliu (Steaua Bridge)
                      Division 2 Player of the season: Ralph Lake (East Village Idiots)

U21 Player of the season: Isaac Bradley (Green Star F-Burg)

Comment

Top Goalscorer - Denilson Montoya (Preparation Heffron) - 14

Comment

Right, I'm selling him....... showpony.

Comment

Damn Mark Denton of 1927 pipped the Beachcomber's Luther Dawson for the goalscoring title in the OTF league. Dawson and Denton were tied for first in total points.

GK: Isaac Bradley (Green Star)

D: Lennart Lifmark (Underdogs)
                            D: Naoki Chikanatsu (Hornville)
                            D: Géza Szöllôs (Csiki)
                            D: Topias Viinikka (Puolimatkan)

M: Casey Harries (Cardiff)
                            M: Theodore McNally (CupHolders)
                            M: Mark Denton (1927)
                            M: Chet Srokowski (Green Star)

F: Luther Dawson (Beachcombers)
                            F: Justin Bellamy (1927)

Comment

What were your criteria there Inca? (some diffs from Phoebe...)

Comment

I looked at X11s, goals scored, and assists. Tried to spread the players out evenly, but weighted to success (I see Phoebe had two players from one team in particular that's in the regulation zone, *cough cough*).

Lifmark was a beast. I had no idea until looking into it now.

Comment

To be fair to Phoebe his team does also feature two players from another relegated team. Though why anyone would select that workshy waste of space Henry Collen for a team of the season is beyond me.

Comment

The Hornville defender who made it into Xpert Eleven was a mid-season signing. He made the Xpert Eleven in all ten appearances yet couldn't prevent us finishing bottom with the worst goals against in the league.

Thanks, Matej, for running this. It's been a blast. Furthermore I'm not remotely suspicious that the league has finished just in time for your vacation in the Bahamas, and I doubt very much that I'll be making a formal complaint*.

*All that remains is for the OTF cartel to cynically manipulate the league structure to ensure I keep my place. [/WINKY]

Comment

Hmmm, I'm very intrigued by the differences between the American X11 selection and the UK selection. Clearly the two sides of the pond have some heated words to exchange.

1927 (captainsano) was sent his VIP for storming to the league title yesterday, so it should be processed soon. Executive decision that.

new season may be started tonight (US time) or tomorrow with first games coming next week. Yes, starting when I'm in the Bahamas, probably ensuring my team's form crashes even further.

Change reports should be up at 0:00 tonight/today.

Comment

Does that mean the transfer window will be open? I've some urgent rebuilding work to do.

Comment

Yeah, transfer window should open at 0:00 tonight as well.

Comment

I based my team on Xpert 11 appearances only.

Comment

Here's some more info on my XI:

GK: Isaac Bradley (Green Star) (most X11s of any GK, lowest team goals allowed, scored 5 goals)

D: Lennart Lifmark (Underdogs) (leader in X11s, 4 assists--tied for most by a D)
                                              D: Naoki Chikanatsu (Hornville) (third in X11s, 4 assists)
                                              D: Géza Szöllôs (Csiki) (9 X11s)
                                              D: Topias Viinikka (Puolimatkan) (7 goals, top goal-scoring D)

M: Casey Harries (Cardiff) (7 assists (2nd in league). Perhaps would replace with Casey Corbett of 1927, but wanted a Cardiff player in here)
                                              M: Theodore McNally (CupHolders) (6 X11s, 3 goals, 4 assists)
                                              M: Mark Denton (1927) (10 goals, lead league)
                                              M: Chet Srokowski (Green Star) (8 assists, lead league)

F: Luther Dawson (Beachcombers) (9 goals (second in league), co-points leader, 5 X11s)
                                              F: Justin Bellamy (1927) (8 goals--third in league)

Comment

Whoops, guess the season update didn't take place yet. Should be soon.

Comment

An added blow after finishing last is that my players have been devalued. My keeper (worth an estimated 13 million last week) is valued at 7 million today. Even my irreplaceable central defender has dropped a couple of mill. I hope their skill levels don't suffer the same percentage hit.

Comment

Division 1 Team of the year:

GK Lester Graham (Mortlake Dodgers)
                                                    D Stefan Lehliu (Steaua Bridge)
                                                    D Mĺrten Holmerin (Knights who say Ni)
                                                    D Cristian Barcă (Steaua Bridge)
                                                    D Robbie Tullock (Knights who say Ni)
                                                    M Jimmy Stevenson (Mortlake Dodgers)
                                                    M Nicolau Penas (Knights who say Ni)
                                                    M Kevin Torrie (Heffron Hotspur)
                                                    M Kemal Terim (Mortlake Dodgers)
                                                    F Finlay Steele (Knights who say Ni)
                                                    F Denilson Montoya (Heffron Hotspur)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X