Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF League Manager Game (New Players Welcome!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno. I didn't think it was possible.

Comment

rick derris managed it right at the very start of the OTF league. I don't think there is a penalty, you just can't spend anything.

I don't evaluate all the time, but I think I would before flashing 17m squid.

Comment

You are OK Phoebe. It only really hurts if the fee went through before the game - the absence of the promised bonus negatively affects the team. Your punishment is a lack of training available before the sponsor round (which is tomorrow).

Comment

Etienne wrote:
          I don't evaluate all the time, but I think I would before flashing 17m squid.
          I am still livid from when my youth coach over-estimated a kid I brought up to the team (as a five rather than a four). He is still with me, but the difference would have been a huge amount on his value.

Comment

See that worries me the other way. What if the (e.g.) 3 skill 17 year old I didn't bother with was actually a 4 skill player...

Comment

Etienne wrote:
              See that worries me the other way. What if the (e.g.) 3 skill 17 year old I didn't bother with was actually a 4 skill player...
              known unknowns, unknown knowns and unknown unknowns... I had never really thought about that (though my squad normally risks the 35k if I have space).

Comment

I'd assumed the youth coach assessments were always correct. Duh

Comment

Nearly all the youths I get coming up through my system have 'downside' characteristics, so I rarely bother with them.

In fact, I haven't taken on a youth player in all my 3 seasons in the game! The young players in my team were either 'hangovers' from my predecessor's reign or were bought by me.

Comment

Curious to know after seeing the 17,238,437 paid by Phoebe for Chioh Okafor...what's the record transfer fee in our game? Biggest busts? Best bargains?

Comment

Silva Salazar springs to mind.

Who was it that spent around 20 million for a player?

Comment

I spent 2,000,000 on Xabat Felipe last season - again without scouting - and guess what? Diva, cheaty and talks too much - on top of the three good qualities that you lot might be able to see. This means that (now he's played more than 14 matches for us) he now has 7 icons in his profile. (Has anyone ever had 8?) Anyway, I thought he was going to be a bust, but he's just starting to pull his weight. It'll be a while before he's been worth the effort, though.

Comment

I don't mind Diva's, and I quite like the cheat icon, similar I quite like tough (though many don't).

I am trying my luck with moody in another team.

Comment

Matej wrote:
                            Silva Salazar springs to mind.

Who was it that spent around 20 million for a player?
                            I remember being slated for spending £7m on the 32 year old Salazar (I remember the terms "diva", "show pony" and "Silva Kickabout" being bandied about". 7 seasons and almost 100 goals later he'd have to be one of the two players you would have to consider as an all time bargain (Bill Shaffer of the Mortlake Dodgers would be the other).

Okafor will tower above Salazar. Billed as a 10 skill, evaluated as a 12, and he's not even peaked.

Comment

Beware the Idiots of October. So sayeth... somebody... once.

Comment

I've been impatiently waiting for the game to finally get updated, then I realized that the time change difference between Europe and the US. Gah!--more waiting.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Inca. I would have tried to play an injured player (he says, before losing).

Sounds like Phoebe feels he got a deal. For exhorbitant prices paid, you need HORN on here.

I am worried my player development policy seems to result in me continually harking for next season.

Comment

Wow. Three games won in a row--a first for me.

Comment

Comment

Division One seems incredibly tight. Well apart from the leaders - predictably enough, everyone's favourite OTFL team - who are five points clear of their nearest challengers. The team formerly known as AFC Phoebe dispatching theri nearest title challengers JY Boggy Hippos (or something like that) 2-1, with Chioh Okafor scoring within 11 minutes of his debut.

Comment

There he goes, doing nothing for 11 minutes. Pfft. What a waster.

Comment

Running tally of cost paid per Chioh Okafor goal: 17,238,437

Comment

I dream of saving loads of money to spend on a franchise player, but always bottle it and end up buying deadwood for 8 or 9 million.

The one exception is Randy Clist, my record signing. 15.5 million for a level 8 21 yearold. Two years down the line and he's a level 8 23 yearold worth 8 mill. I really should sell him but I'm a sucker for people named Randy.

Comment

When will someone do something about the domination of BGCs at the top of the OTF league.

Comment

It's true, we are bloody great.

Comment

So, who won today?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X