Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF League Manager Game (New Players Welcome!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I applied to register my team yesterday, I hope you got it.

Comment

Should have been approved I think.

Comment

Oooh a new season. Good work matej.

Comment

So, how's everyone's change reports been?

Not a good one for the Dragons really, only 5 players have gone up a level and 4 (all but 1 first team regulars) have gone down one.

Comment

Awesome. Except for the back-up GK. But with Isaac Bradley still under 25... who cares?

Comment

Sponsors chosen, sponsoractivity completed, starting line-up selected, training allocated, shitheads transfer listed, new goalie bid for, press release sent.

In keeping with the tone of the game, Suffragette City's manager has finished his day's work and will be found in a cheap bar in Manchester drinking 80p beers (no joke.)

Comment

Lots of increases for the Dodgers but Scottie Jenning's drop means we don't have a striker over 6.

Meanwhile, our first game this season is against Hornville. Looking at their squad, they've got four or five players who would walk into my team - what were they doing only coming 4th in Div 1?

Comment

AFC Phoebe need a complete fucking overhaul after this change report. In fact, they needed one beforehand.

Comment

I've been promoted a season too late, methinks, though I couldn't have been promoted last year as I was too busy being relegated.

Errm.

Comment

I never used to pay attention to the OTF league league. You big boys weren~t even on my radar. So - 1927, I~ve got them in a couple of days. Are they any good?

Comment

Dropped back to mid-table after winning the league the previous season. Very high skill players, but getting on a bit.

Comment

The Horse wrote:
                          Meanwhile, our first game this season is against Hornville. Looking at their squad, they've got four or five players who would walk into my team - what were they doing only coming 4th in Div 1?
                          Put it down to my skills as a master tactician.

Comment

Well, you've just signed someone I also bid for, increasing my feeling that we're going to get turned over.

Comment

I'm a little bit concerned that my new signing may get into verbal rucks with some opposing teams.

Comment

Very much doubt I'll be at home in time for tonight's match. What happens - does my team simply play as per my preset tactics (such as they are)?

Comment

Yeah. You definitely don't need to be home for the game. It really makes no difference.

Comment

You don't even need to set the tactics really, although if you don't do anything for several matches on the trot, things will go south.

Comment

Good, that's what I'd hoped.

Comment

Told you. We were hammered.

Comment

Results?

Comment

I am too depressed to post them.

Comment

I'm crap at this cut and paste lark.

Green Star F-Burg - Underdogs of War 1 - 0 (1 - 0)
                                              Hornville - Mortlake Dodgers 4 - 1 (2 - 0)
                                              Steaua Bridge - 1927 3 - 1 (1 - 1)
                                              Heffron Hotspur - Cardiff Dragons 0 - 1 (0 - 1)
                                              Puolimatkan - Hapoel Oxford 1 - 0 (0 - 0)
                                              Csiki Monkeys - East Village Idiots 0 - 1 (0 - 1)

and

Purple Nasties - Boys Town F.C. 2 - 1 (0 - 0)
                                              Ivor the engine x1 - Kate Bush Select XI 0 - 2 (0 - 0)
                                              Suffragette City - Vladikavkaz Noj 1 - 4 (0 - 1)
                                              Fancy Brigade - Wildridings 2 - 0 (1 - 0)
                                              Titos Leg - U Street Gunners 0 - 1 (0 - 1)

Comment

We absolutely mugged Heffron, scoring on our only chance, while they had plenty. Performance bonus to my keeper.

Good week for the promoted teams, 3 of whom won.

Comment

Is there a hidden setting on this that means you have wildly differennt results every other season. My first season the Monkeys were fantastic, second rubbish, third excellent, fourth...well it hasn't started well.

Comment

I think a lot of it is down to form. If you get on a good or bad run then its difficult to get out of.

But also, I wonder whether there is a bonus given to newer teams or newly promoted teams, just as there is for lower division teams in cup games.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X