Caniggia and Massing revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wondered whether I'd see a foul more blatant than Massing's on Caniggia. I must say that, whilst not quite as brutal, this from the promotion clash between CDT Tenerife & Xerez at the weekend is in some ways worse - the defender knows he's been done and deliberately targets the player.

Oh, and a good challenge on the ref too.

The Caniggia tackle is one of the very best. The way he rides the previous tackles, struggling vainly to stay on his feet, and then the final spectacular assault. Magnificent stuff.

I can't offer anything other than the usual suspects. Schumacher's attack on Battiston of course and Maradona having his ankle ligaments shredded by Andoni Goikoetxea.

The Argentine got revenge of a sorts before departing for Naples.

Comment

Sebastián Méndez on his countryman Radamel Falcao García in a River Plate vs San Lorenzo clásico last year.

At least Massing didn't run away from the referee to try and avoid the card. Or (as far as I'm aware) try and single-handedly demolish the stadium on his way off the pitch. Although that last bit is sadly missing from thi video.

Comment

George at asda wrote:
        The Caniggia tackle is one of the very best. The way he rides the previous tackles, struggling vainly to stay on his feet, and then the final spectacular assault. Magnificent stuff.

I can't offer anything other than the usual suspects. Schumacher's attack on Battiston of course and Maradona having his ankle ligaments shredded by Andoni Goikoetxea.
        The fact that Massing's boot came flying off in the process makes it even more spectacular.

And I can only imagine what King Juan Carlos was thinking up in the Royal Box as the Villa Fiorito urchin went berserk.

Comment

Working...
        X