Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gareth Wales Baleathon is back, back, back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshack again, what is he playing at?
    Mind you if the kid has played a competetive Under 21 game for us it makes no difference though, does it?

Comment

u21 games are no longer binding.

Comment

Cotterill looked pretty good on the right wing for Sheff United last night, so I'd guess that he and Toshack are set for a bust-up quite soon.

Comment

So, if this team managed a 1-1 draw away to Azerbaijan in 2004 ;

Jones ,Delaney ,Melville ,Page ,Gabbidon ,Koumas (Earnshaw ,88 ) ,Savage ,Speed ,Pembridge (Oster ,45 ) ,Bellamy ,Hartson

I wonder what one drawn from this squad will manage on Saturday ;

TEAM NEWS:
          Both Gareth Bale and Jack Collison have withdrawn from the squad that will face Azerbaijan on Saturday, both players have knee injuries. Also out are defender Sam Ricketts and Ched Evans both with back injuries.

The squad have trained on Tuesday morning. The team fly out on Tuesday afternoon and will arrive early on Wednesday morning in Baku.

Current Wales squad:

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Wolves), Boaz Myhill (Hull City), Lewis Price (Derby County).

Defenders: Neal Eardley (Oldham Athletic), Chris Gunter (Tottenham Hotspur), Craig Morgan (Peterborough United) , Lewin Nyatanga (Derby County), Ashley Williams (Swansea City).

Midfielders: Joe Allen (Swansea City), David Edwards (Wolves), Owain Tudur Jones (Swansea City), Andy King (Leicester City), Joe Ledley (Cardiff City), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Shaun Macdonald (Swansea City).

Forwards: Simon Church (Reading), Robert Earnshaw (Nottingham Forest), Sam Vokes (Wolves).
          Probably another draw but I wouldn't mind checking the odds on a home win.

Comment

Fucking hell, that is a young squad.

Only Earnie has passed puberty.

Comment

We're allowed seven subs for international matches. Looking at that squad it's likely that we won't field a full bench - or we'll have two keepers on there.

As per usual there's a far better Welsh side that have withdrawn from the squad than will actually play on Saturday:

Owan Fon Williams
              Ricketts - Gabbidon - Collins - Bale
              Davies - Collison - Edwards - Koumas
              Evans - Bellamy

Comment

Toshack has been right all along as some of us have said. Progress is clear...
                ...This is the most promising time for Welsh football I can ever remember. Even after the first 4 qualifying matches for Euro 2004, because we had a tiny squad, no one coming through and we were a couple of injuries away from humiliation.

Comment

It's a fuck of a young squad, and the cause hasn't been helped by the withdrawl of Bale and Collison - two of the better young players!

There have been several rumours circulting as regards the withdrawl of some of the more senior players and Tosh's outburst prior to the Estonia game seems to suggest he's well ware of these rumours.

Since the Finland game, I have come to the conclusion that Tosh is a cunt - perhaps not for the same reasons as Harri, and perhaps a little bit late for Harri ... but feel free to gloat.

Ptang's quote is true
                  This is the most promising time for Welsh football I can ever remember. Even after the first 4 qualifying matches for Euro 2004, because we had a tiny squad, no one coming through and we were a couple of injuries away from humiliation
                  but I find it increasingly difficult to defend his youth policy when I get the distinct feeling that he could very well ruin their potential or dull their obvious enthusiasm for Wales.

Comment

I can't even gloat, much as I would like to, as it's my national side that's down the toilet too.

I wonder if Toshack has actually got worse since the new contract or if the players just can't see the point of taking it any more for a post-season qualifier during a failed campaign.

Comment

Dear oh dear.

Wales searched for replacements, but the vast majority of potential call-ups had not been in training since the beginning of May while others were already on holiday.

All of which meant MacDonald, who has 18 Welsh Under-21 caps and spent half of last season on loan at League One outfit Yeovil, was the only player who could be found at such short notice to be added to the party.

Comment

Perhaps, in addition to giving the 80 Welsh supporters travelling free match tickets, the FAW could hold a lottery for a few places on the bench?

Actually, where's that story from, Wales Online?

Comment

I'm not sure that statement's actually true is it? I mean, who else would have been called up instead of MacDonald?

Comment

I hear the Palestinian team are mocking us for our lack of available players.

I've said it before and I will say it again, is there no chance we can transfer to Concacaf or Oceania or something? If Israel can do it, surely we can

Comment

Tosh doesn't sound too upbeat!

Comment

Here's the squad we had last time round, I reckon we'll really miss Qari Spid, although Robert Ernsou will have some experience of having been there before!

[EDIT: damn you OTF for not allowing me to post a cedilla]

Comment

The other midfielder's back problems wouldn't have allaowed him to travel to Baku by all accounts.

Rumour has it that Qaret Roberts is on his way to play for a non-league Welsh club ...

Comment

Team: Hennessey, Gunter, Eardley, Williams, Morgan, Nyatanga, Ledley, Ramsey, Church, Earnshaw, Edwards

Comment

Great work from Earnie, Church causing problems in the area and Edwards slams home his second international goal. 1-0 Wales!

Comment

I got in and turned the TV on 30 seconds before Earnie's exquisite cross for the goal. How are we playing?

Comment

To be fair, we're not playin too badly at all. Taking into account the heat and shit pitch we look fairly comfortable.

Ramsey does give the ball away too often for my liking though!

Comment

... oh, and the ref is letting them rough up Ramsey, Ledley and Earnie - the number 5 especially.

Comment

Is it that hot? The forecast early in the week was for 19 degrees, cloudy with possible rain.

Comment

BBC Wales concentrating on Martinez story at half time. Don't suppose there's any chance the Jacks can tempt Toshack away as a replacement? Two birds with one stone for me there.

Fuck me, that twat Leighton James just suggested it too.

Comment

Leighton James has just suggested a Harri Saer wet-dream scenario.

He thinks Tosh should take over at Swansea if/when Martinez leaves for Wigan!

Comment

Ha ha! Great minds there (me and you JP, not James obviously).

It IS fucking humid over there, 93% humidity.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X