Keep England white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep England white?

Dear Gawd, Trezuget (it is him, yes?) is a cunt.

Comment

Keep England white?

I like it, but the thing I like most is the red letters/numbers on the back.

Comment

Keep England white?

Yes, David Trezeguet is indeed a twat which is why, when Gary Caldwell (the one being taunted in the photo above) scored the only goal of the game at Hampden four years later, the crowd spent the entire game giving Trezeguet dog's abuse.

Comment

Keep England white?

I never quite understood England wearing blue shorts. I assume it was some indetity confusion when they and the rest of the world though that the Union Flag was the England flag.

Who put the blue in the Union Jack?

Comment

Keep England white?

The answer seems to be that the England colours were based upon the colours of the FA crest rather than anything to do with flags. They wore white shirts, white shorts and blue socks until 1880, and didn't wear white socks regularly until about 1960. If they were looking for a "traditional" it, they'd have gone with white shirts, navy shorts and navy socks, which England wore for eighty years between 1880 and 1960.

Comment

Keep England white?

Harri Saer wrote:
              So, an article in my paper this morning seems to confirm that the white shorts are first choice kit, as it were.
              The FA's website also confirms this (their shop has a pair of navy shorts listed as 'change shorts'), disappointingly.

It's a good thing South American teams don't do this. Argentina playing in all-sky-blue-and-white stripes might look alright after a bit of getting used to, but imagine Uruguay. Or Venezuela. Or, worst of all with the hideous day-glo colour Nike trot out for them these decades, Brazil...

Comment

Keep England white?

If no-one bought these abominations and paraded them around their local shopping centre, the companies wouldn't find it necessary to keep arsing around with the design of a perfectly good shirt once they'd found one.

The only thing that's missing from that shirt is a slogan saying "Headingley Sailing Club Seafaring Tradition 95" or someting.

Comment

Keep England white?

Ant van Oviedo wrote:
                  If no-one bought these abominations and paraded them around their local shopping centre, the companies wouldn't find it necessary to keep arsing around with the design of a perfectly good shirt once they'd found one.
                  Yeah, that would be dreadfully boring wouldn't it?

Comment

Keep England white?

The Scotland away kit is ugly beyond words.

Comment

Keep England white?

I can't remember the last time Diadora managed to design a kit that wasn't appalling.

Comment

Keep England white?

On opening up Kerrang (of all places) this morning I was shocked , confused and not a little embarrassed to see a double page spread ad for the England kit using this image;

Comment

Keep England white?

That band is featured in a supplement with this month's 442 - a 'special 36 page celebration of the new England kit'. They are called Gum Bleed apparently. The supplement will be nestling in my bin very soon.

Comment

Keep England white?

I've seen the new "Breakfast at Wimbledon" home England kits (along with the olive green goalkeeper kits which will make them look like soldiers off to occupy Malaysia) but I haven't seen any away shirts. Are they going to be red or blue? Surely it's not good enough to just have "change shorts." FIFA wouldn't allow opposing teams to both have white shirts but different color shorts, would they?

Comment

Keep England white?

Well, they'd wear the change shorts when they play a team with a coloured shirt but white shorts.

They tend to alternate releasing new first and change kits every year so a new one of the latter will be along in 2010 and if the current one's a success I presume it will be similarly retro.

Comment

Keep England white?

I for one am happy that they've ditched the blue shorts.

There is no blue on the St. George's flag.

England's national colours are red and white, end of.

Those were the colours the French King Richard I adopted for his Crusaders in the 13th century, in homage to a 4th-century Turkish martyr who'd never even heard of England, and if that's not good enough for us then I don't know what is.

Comment

Keep England white?

Where is it written that kit colours' must follow national flags?

There's no azure in the Italian flag, orange in the Dutch, or, these days, white in the German.

Comment

Keep England white?

Harri Saer wrote:
                                    On opening up Kerrang (of all places) this morning I was shocked , confused and not a little embarrassed to see a double page spread ad for the England kit using this image;

Don't go reading this week's NME, is all I can say.

Comment

Keep England white?

Could the reason they've ditched the navy shorts be because an all-white kit shows off their daft coloured boots better?

Comment

Keep England white?

I saw the NME supplement this evening Mumpo, almost too vile for words.

Comment

Keep England white?

England make a carbon copy of the Ukraine goal, there.

Comment

Keep England white?

Has anyone ever scored from an Aaron Lennon cross?

Comment

Keep England white?

Dear boy, commenting on their kit is fine but discussing the game is a bit vulgar, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                                              X