horrific tackle update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

horrific tackle update

kevin nolan has just been sent off for an absolutely awful two-footed lunge/stamp on victor anichebe.

anichebe is being led off the pitch hobbling, and this after arteta has suffered what is sounding like a serious ligament injury in the opening minutes.

nolan is a fucking idiot.

horrific tackle update

Heh, I just dragged up that old 'shocking tackles' thread, but it was probably nasty enough to deserve two posts.

Comment

horrific tackle update

Anichebe's gone off now, unsurprisingly.

Comment

horrific tackle update

you might struggle to see a worse challenge so far this season.

Comment

horrific tackle update

At first glance it was a real legbreaker, but given Anchibe was able to do some breakdancing by spinning on his head after, he couldn't have caught him too bad.

Comment

horrific tackle update

Fuck!!

Watch the replay at 1:00 for the full effect.

Comment

horrific tackle update

Anichebe's lucky he's got strong bones.

Nolan is a cunt.

Comment

horrific tackle update

vennegoor strokes wrote:
                Fuck!!

Watch the replay at 1:00 for the full effect.
                Was going to make a joke but the one minute in shows how cynical it was, no intention but assault, if he did that off the pitch he would be arrested.
                What have Newcastle done in terms of an apology or to discipline him?
                What was Butt trying to say to the ref?
                Nolan's look of dibelief is unbelievable, we've seen some horrific tackles on the other threads and at least the guy has held up his hands, Nolan hasn't.

I agree with the cunt sentiment after seeing that.

Comment

horrific tackle update

Wow, that's an absolutely appalling tackle, with no possible justification for it at all. It seems to have garnered a remarkably sanguine reaction from all parties, but it really should get Nolan a suspension of several matches.

Comment

horrific tackle update

and just what is that Butt saw that enables him to argue something in Nolan's case?

Comment

horrific tackle update

Hofzinser wrote:
                      Wow, that's an absolutely appalling tackle, with no possible justification for it at all. It seems to have garnered a remarkably sanguine reaction from all parties, but it really should get Nolan a suspension of several matches.
                      matches, months would be more appropriate

Comment

horrific tackle update

If there's any kind of hearing, perhaps he can get his good pal and England team-mate Stevie Gerrard to be his character witness.

Repay a favour and all that...

Comment

horrific tackle update

Hofzinser wrote:
                          Yes, I don't get it. He is getting a remarkably easy ride over all this. Compared to Pogatetz on Possebon? Not a peep.

Why, I'm annoyed enough to turn to the internet: http://fistedaway.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/kevin-nolan-actually-i-am-that-kind-of-player/

Comment

horrific tackle update

Haribo West wrote:
                            Hofzinser wrote:
                            Yes, I don't get it. He is getting a remarkably easy ride over all this. Compared to Pogatetz on Possebon? Not a peep.

Why, I'm annoyed enough to turn to the internet: http://fistedaway.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/kevin-nolan-actually-i-am-that-kind-of-player/
                            Because although the manager of the player assaulted is Scottish he isn't Ferguson, perhaps there are other more sinister motives as well.
                            Also the focus is on Arteta and Everton's injury crisis.

Surely the article is a sick joke?? It cannot be real.

That assault could have shattered his leg, it probably has fucked his confidence, and nobody is standing up for the kid.

Comment

horrific tackle update

Here is the offen ding/sive article:

Kevin Nolan: “Actually, I think you’ll find that I am ‘that kind of player’”

I’d like to thank you for giving me this opportunity to speak about Sunday’s events. I want to put right a few of the hurtful things that have been written about me in the wake of my horror tackle. Football is a passionate, frenetic game, and a lot of things have been said; words of angry clay, forged in a kiln of pure emotion. But I would like to assure David Moyes and everyone else that I truly am, “that type of player“.

First of all, it was not ‘mistimed’; this suggests I am an inept player, lacking technique, skill and premeditation. The tackle was as intended, and I met with his flimsy shinpad precisely when I scheduled it. I have the timing of a suicide bomber and the touch of a rapist. The most hurtful claim has been Victor telling everyone I said “sorry”, but I can only assume that he blacked out due to the trauma. In fact, what I actually said was “Sorry…you are such a big girl’s bra”.

The saddest thing for me, is that events like this stick with you. It’s tough to make a name for yourself in this league; reputations are built and ripped up in days. You’re only as good as your last two-footed lunge. When I hear that even a long time admirer like Alan Hansen is calling me a fair player it makes me sad. Sad and angry. So very angry. With a tackle like this, you always get people who try and make excuses saying, “oh, it always looks worse when you slow it down“. But it doesn’t. In fact, it would look awesome sped up, with some Rammstein behind it.

Look, I’ve already matched last season’s total of ten bookings, and we are only past the halfway point. That’s (over the) top, top, tackling. Admittedly, I’m yet to top my referee rant of 2006, but I’m looking to be more consistent so I can catch the attention of the big four. Some people have mentioned my incredulous reaction to being sent off. I was not surprised to be sent off - far from it! In fact, I was shocked that it was only a red card. Why, for a challenge like that the authorities should have brought in something more sinister, like a purple card. Or obsidian. OBSIDIAN. Hey, that’s what I can shout when I make the tackle! Ace.

would like to thank all those people who have supported me at this difficult time. I received a message from Mark Lawrenson who commended me for “letting him know I was there”. As if that wasn’t obvious to Victor, or anyone with a vague understanding of physics, as I thundered in with a dozen studs. Most touching of all was a text I received from my old partner in crime Kevin Cyril Davies, who sweetly called me a “fuckin pu$$y” and added that “U should make sure U break him next time LOLZ”. Dear reader, I miss him so.

Comment

horrific tackle update

I think that's Haribo West's blog AE, and it is a piss-take.

Have a look at some of the earlier entries.

Comment

horrific tackle update

The four-footed challenge bit was amusing, but Cacapa the Rappa is genius.

Comment

horrific tackle update

Cavalry Trouser Tips wrote:
                                    I think that's Haribo West's blog AE, and it is a piss-take.

Have a look at some of the earlier entries.
                                    I guessed it was a piss take, just my brain not working in the morning.

Also the tackle is so fucking bad that I couldn't even find that funny. I sort of do now after reading it again, it is quite funny actually.

Comment

horrific tackle update

Hofzinser wrote:
                                      One of the things I like about this Everton side under Moyes is that he has assembled a pretty decent bunch of people. If a decision goes against them they don’t harangue the referee. They’re not a dirty side and with the exception of Cahill, they’re not that niggly either. They just get on with it. Credit for their attitude must go to Moyes and I suspect that the lack of hysteria over this challenge is merely an extension of his stoicism.

Also, as someone else pointed out, the loss of Arteta is much more significant than this tackle – hideous though it was. As I walked home from the pub on Sunday, bemoaning our inability to break down ten men, the prospect of playing the rest of the season without our only inventive player sank in. I know all clubs suffer injuries over the course of the season, but to lose all four strikers at once and then have three of your first choice midfielders injured at the same time is bad enough, but to then suffer the loss of your one gifted player for the rest of the season, seems cruel.

More annoying though, as satirised by that blog piece, is the shite spouted by former professionals and in particular Dion Dublin and Gary Speed who were the half-time pundits on Sunday. “Not that type of player”??? Fuck right off! The type of player who commits that kind of challenge is ‘that type of player’. The evidence is incontrovertible.

Comment

horrific tackle update

Yikes! Sorry AE. If I was going to offend anyone I'd want it to be Kevin Nolan. Meregreen's dead on, it's the bizarre support for it (in the face of visual and historic evidence) that I can't stomach. My fingers are crossed for Anichebe- I'm a secret Nigeria fan, so hoping he is back for the qualifiers and I hope to see him at Craven COttage for the Irealnd friendly

I almost gave up halfway through writing the article when I saw this quote from Chris Hughton:

"I'd say, on the challenge itself, that I didn't think there was any intent or malice in the challenge, but we accept that he did catch the lad"

Sigh.

blameless, glad you liked Cacapa the Rapper. Grand Theft Couto coming soon..

Comment

horrific tackle update

Haribo West wrote:
                                          Yikes! Sorry AE. If I was going to offend anyone I'd want it to be Kevin Nolan. Meregreen's dead on, it's the bizarre support for it (in the face of visual and historic evidence) that I can't stomach. My fingers are crossed for Anichebe- I'm a secret Nigeria fan, so hoping he is back for the qualifiers and I hope to see him at Craven COttage for the Irealnd friendly

I almost gave up halfway through writing the article when I saw this quote from Chris Hughton:

"I'd say, on the challenge itself, that I didn't think there was any intent or malice in the challenge, but we accept that he did catch the lad"

Sigh.

blameless, glad you liked Cacapa the Rapper. Grand Theft Couto coming soon..
                                          No offence taken at all, on first read I thought it was real, probably cause I'm still fuming how anyone can defend this, it was assault So what that it was on the pitch, the intent was to cause serious harm.
                                          On second read I saw the parody of it, Hughton defending Nolan, the ex-pros etc.
                                          This showed the real side to it, both in your article and in the other media.

Can you imagine the reaction if it had been Barton or against Man Utd?
                                          We all know the reaction as we've seen it.

I just wish Moyes would actually come out and call Nolan the cunt that he is, players past and present have to take a stand to protect their fellow pros, this is not part of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                          X