Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicklas Bendtner

A little unhinged, isn't he?

Nicklas Bendtner does not believe Andrei Arshavin's arrival at Arsenal threatens his place at the club, with the Dane instead confidently insisting that he should "start every game" regardless of who is available.

"It does not really matter to me who is fit and available," said Bendtner. "I should start every game, I should be playing every minute of every match and always be in the team."

Such a claim will bewilder many Arsenal supporters who remain unconvinced by the 20-year-old. He has scored seven times this season and ahead of tonight's FA Cup fourth-round replay with Cardiff, failed to register in his last four appearances.

With Arshavin ineligible to play, Bendtner should feature against the Welsh club but another blank could lead to him being replaced by the Russian for Saturday's league visit of Sunderland.

Bendtner, though, remains unconcerned. "I've never seen Arshavin. I did not watch Euro 2008," he said. "I've no idea what sort of player he is."

Nicklas Bendtner

I also think he should start every game, and play every minute of every match and always be in the team, and I hope M. Wenger follows this advice.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

Nicklas Bendtner does not believe Andrei Arshavin's arrival at Arsenal threatens his place at the club
      Quite right -- before Arshavin joined Arsenal, Bendtner's place at the club was that of the appallingly inept donkey who comes on as sub every once in a while and is a figure of derision among his own supporters, and since Arshavin joined Arsenal that state of affairs has not changed.

"It does not really matter to me who is fit and available"
      See above.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

Bendtner really, really doesn't get it. At the Emirates, they cheer loudly whenever he is substituted, for obvious reasons. This, however, he takes as praise. If they were to boo, he'd doubtless take it as anger at an unpopular decision to take him off. The fans can't win. I suppose there is a third option - they could simply fall silent next time he's subbed, see what he makes of that. But that, of course, is not the Arsenal way.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

Why are the most arrogant players often the most limited ones? I used to be mates with this guy who thought he was the cat's whiskers, when he really really wasn't.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

hehe, bold wingco.

He really is unhinged isn't he. Arsenal should have snapped off milan's hands when they apparently offered them £6 million a couple of years ago.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

Footballers, and especially strikers (see the Keane at Liverpool fiasco), need to keep their confidence levels high. I, for one, can't begrudge Bendtner his nigh-delusional self-confidence or, indeed, arrogance. Calling him unhinged seems to miss the point.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

just got in from the emirates. that double point blank chance bendtner missed in the first half was the highlight

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

Bentner would score a fair few goals in Italy.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

Did he really have to score tonight? *sigh* I wanted him to be good, but then time and time again he appears anything but. Then, everytime I think he's a useless feck he goes and scores a goal. Ok, so in this case it was hardly vital but it is a tad annoying when a player you want to dislike goes and scores for the club you support.

I wish he'd stop making it irrational for me to hate him. It messes with my emotions.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

Just seen the highlights of this. Was it just me, or during the replay of Bendtner's goal, did it look like one or two of the Arsenal players were inwardly sighing, Qwest-like, too when his header went in?

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

They definitely were, Wingco. With Eduardo, everyone was obviously as pleased as the proverbial punch when he scored, but as far as Bendtner goes...it's just not the same. Even when RVP scored near the end and Bendtner came over over for a cuddle, you could see Van Persie was somewhat reluctant and gave him a quick pat and the obligatory slap on the back of the head, compared to the genuine love he showed Eduardo when he replaced him.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

I thought Bendtner played really well last night, double miss aside. And whatever Craig Burley might say, hitting the post and then hitting a shot at the keeper is not really Rostenhal-esque.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

"...is not really Rostenhal-esque..."

Certainly not for those of us who were in the Holte End!

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

I thought it was a triple-miss?

Bendtner was a candidate for worst player on the pitch last night despite the fact that none of ours turned up (I hope due to the fact their minds are on the league). He really is complete toilet.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

"It does not really matter to me who is fit and available"
                                How sensitive of the young man on the day when (he undoubtedly knew) Eduardo was due to make his comeback.

Welcome back to the team Eduardo, love Nick.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

on superb form against roma tonight

in the 'lets all laugh at bendtenr' sense

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

I understand all the quotes were mis-translated from Danish to make him look like a prick.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

"His first touch was a little heavy."

Clive Tyldsley being more than generous about Bendtner in the highlights.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

christ it looked like me out there.

Comment

Nicklas Bendtner

Hur hur, they should call him Nickel-ass Bentnerd (sorry, it's that weird thread about dirty lyrics on otm that's messing with my head).

Comment

Working...
                                          X