FIFA Futsal World Cup 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Argentina are through, after beating Guatemala 2-1 in a match FIFA.com says Guatemala were the better team in the second half of. Argentina were 2nd in group C.

They've got Paraguay, Russia and Spain in the next round. The other group is Brazil, Italy, Iran and Ukraine. I wish I could watch more of this.

Comment

even then futsal takes an almost chess-like form with attackers trying to pick their way through well-structured defences
      Yeah, it often reminds me of Kabaddi in that sense, with attacking players ranged in front of the opposition's defence trying to find a space to exploit.

It's a shame Iran couldn't hold on for a victory against Spain, because I can't see them going through this second round group.

Comment

"Argentina's equaliser came after their 'keeper threw the ball out to himself and ran the length of the pitch past three of Ukraine's four outfield players before a tackle came in, but managing to scuff it back to Diego Giustozzi to hammer it in."

I did the same exact shit to win the Rutgers futsal league a few years ago (few years perhaps being 1 decade, can't remember the exact date.)

We were down 1-0 with :30 seconds to go. I got the ball in my hands, sprinted out, and away I went. Laid it off to Scotty P, who buried to tie it with :20 seconds to go. We won in penalties.

The poor team we played was so much better than us, but we'd always stuff them come tournament-time...in futsal and summertime 7v7.

Futsal's obviously a blast to play, and is a much better sport, but Beach Soccer has better goals.

And the USA is pretty good in futsal, mumpo. So bring that 30-12 junk somewhere else.

Comment

Haven't had a chance to catch up with weekend's games until now... and look what I've missed. Yesterday, Iran come desperately close to shutting out previously irresistible Brasil, but go down 1-0. Then today, in a blood and thunder encounter, they edge Ukraine in a 4-5 thriller, in which Mohammad Keshvaraz is sent off for a second bookable. Probably just as well I didn't see that game... but the showdown with Italy on Tuesday, which Iran have to win, will be worse.

I don't think they've played a game yet in which they've had the majority of the possession, though. Mostafa Nazari is the only player capable of seeing them through to the semi-finals, I swear.

Comment

From the other r2 group, Russia, Paraguay or Argentina could still qualify with Spain.

Comment

Working...
            X