Their lucky number's 1-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their lucky number's 1-3

It seems like Aston Villa struggled to beat female New Wave pioneer Lene Lovich this afternoon. Considering she's almost 60 that has to be a creditable result for the former Stiff Records chanteuse?

Their lucky number's 1-3

I tried to demonstrate what that record sounds like to my fellow workers earlier on today as I noticed Villa were playing her.

Nearly coughed up a lung doing the 'oh, oh, oh, oh' bit...

Comment

Their lucky number's 1-3

My smug attempts to insert the lady's name into conversation about yesterday's game for comic effect came to naught as I worryingly found myself in an environment where most people didn't know who she was.

The 'Oh, Ooh, Aah, Oh!' bit I tried hit the ground pretty fucking hard.

Comment

Their lucky number's 1-3

Surprisingly for me, given the relative weight that football and "pop" music play in my life, I have seen Ms. Lovich live but not seen Litex play (even on television).

Comment

Their lucky number's 1-3

She's been knocking around as recently as 2006

Comment

Their lucky number's 1-3

ian.64 wrote:
            She did a few gigs over here around that time and I saw her at one (second on the bill to In The Nursery at Electrowerkz). She was surprisingly good and still had an incredible vocal range. I suppose it figures that she's around 60, if Numan, Prince and Marc Almond are all 50 now. What did surprise me (although it figures, too) was that it was her daughter playing one of the instruments in her (all-female) band.

Comment

Their lucky number's 1-3

Cavalry Trouser Tips wrote:
              I tried to demonstrate what that record sounds like to my fellow workers earlier on today as I noticed Villa were playing her.

Nearly coughed up a lung doing the 'oh, oh, oh, oh' bit...
              Had the game been goalless I was going to go for an '0-0,0-0' motif.

Comment

Their lucky number's 1-3

Villa 1 nil up on the night. Harewood.

Comment

Their lucky number's 1-3

1 all. They score penalty just as my feed goes down.

Comment

Their lucky number's 1-3

Well blimey. Lene Lovich co-wrote the lyrics to Supernature.

Comment

Their lucky number's 1-3

It finishes 1 all on the night, 4-1 on aggregate. We looked pretty comfortable but if M'ON is going to persist with this second XI then he may want them to play together a bit more in the week before the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X