Futbology, the app formerly known as Groundhopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I’m still amazed at anyone who has a record of every game they’ve ever been to and then had the fortitude to input it in to the app.

Just putting in each ground initially from a random game I’d attended there gave me a weekend long migraine.
    I did mine in the dead time between Christmas and New Year one year, based off my excel spreadsheet that goes back to 1992. But that had about 300 matches on it when I entered them all on..

I don't have a complete record before 1992. I know I went to several Shrewsbury games in their Div 2 heyday, plus Wales internationals, Wrexham in the European Cup Winners Cup, an FA Trophy final at Wembley and so on. Even a match in the Faroes. But I don't have details for any of them because I only started writing every game down when I was about 17.
    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 28-01-2024, 18:49.

Comment

I'd kept programmes for every Carlisle match I'd attended, and a lot of the random games - the Liverpool ones took more research as Mrs TrL had programmes from games I'd not been to and I had to work out which ones I could add.

I spent most of a day updating the app when I should've been drafting project plans for obtaining data on goods moving into NI and then sharing it with the EU. One of the few times my efforts actually aligned with the Minister who clearly wanted us to drag our feet and ignore the Protocol that they themselves had agreed...

Comment

I’m still amazed at anyone who has a record of every game they’ve ever been to and then had the fortitude to input it in to the app.

Just putting in each ground initially from a random game I’d attended there gave me a weekend long migraine.
        Lockdown did have its uses.

Comment

Felt quite pleased to get a Ballon D'or Feminin badge on a day when I was at a women's game.

On that note, a mate told me the Women's Champions League finals had been added so I was able to go back and replace my home made entry for an official one. Went and generated a badge for it too. I'm a saddo.
          Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 04-02-2024, 19:21.

Comment

I was lucky in that for the last 12 years or so I've committed to taking a picture at every game, so it was a case of just going back through my Instagram account. And prior to that I hardly watched any games that weren't involving a team I was following regularly. I've still undoubtedly got loads of games and grounds missing though from when I was trailing my dad's team round the Central Midlands League as a kid.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I've mentioned it before but don't go to Middlesbrough expecting a badge of any kind. Yesterday I failed once again to check in, even going outside at half time to join the smokers in an attempt to get the app to recognise where I was. It was my 1400th game.

Comment

If you go into Badges and press the '+' button and then 'Create badges', you'll get your 1400th game recognised, though unfortunately not the blue badge you'd have got on the day.

Comment

Comment

Saturday's game gave me a badge for seeing QPR 25 times. I've also moved into the Middlesbrough top ten. The person I'm now joint tenth with seems to have stopped going for some reason.

Comment

Maybe he just can't log in at the Riverside?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                            Maybe he just can't log in at the Riverside?
                            Heh!

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                              Saturday's game gave me a badge for seeing QPR 25 times. I've also moved into the Middlesbrough top ten. The person I'm now joint tenth with seems to have stopped going for some reason.
                              As more people discover the app, prepare for disappointment.

I've plummeted from 8th to 11th in the Brentford list.

Comment

Woo hoo! I'm definitely missing some Ossett Albion and Ossett Town games from the early 90s, but it's otherwise accurate as I only started properly ticking off football grounds in 2010...

Comment

A rare triple-badger tonight.

Comment

HUZZAH!

Comment

Good work The Mighty Trin.

There are some tremendous grounds in the ILP.

My favourites so far (I've only done half them) are The Pilot Field, The QEII Stadium and the Dripping Pan which I visited today.

Comment

Cheers cantagalo . Of course, next season Cray Wanderers will officially be in their own home ground for the first time in their 164 year history, so that's something to look forward to.

I'd add Bognor, Canvey, Chatham and Folkestone to that list.

Comment

Yes, Canvey, Chatham and Folkestone are all well worth a visit.

Haven't got round to Bognor yet!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Trin View Post
                                            Cheers cantagalo . Of course, next season Cray Wanderers will officially be in their own home ground for the first time in their 164 year history...
                                            That didn't sound right to me so I checked Wikipedia and it has them seemingly having their own ground from 1898 to 1936 (Fordcroft) and 1954 to 1973 (Grassmeade).

Comment

I'm quite new to the app and I see users can post Photos of the matches they're at. How do you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
                                                I'm quite new to the app and I see users can post Photos of the matches they're at. How do you do that?
                                                Once you've entered a match you should be able to see a camera icon in the bottom right corner of the default photo of the ground. Click it and it's self explanatory from there.

Comment

Ah, I was worried that would change the default photo of the ground, and I didn't want to change that.

Comment

That didn't sound right to me so I checked Wikipedia and it has them seemingly having their own ground from 1898 to 1936 (Fordcroft) and 1954 to 1973 (Grassmeade).
                                                    Apologies, Ray de Galles , I was unclear in my post - by 'own home' I meant that this is the first time they've owned their own place, according to the club.

https://www.cray-wanderers.com/the-end-of-an-era/

Maybe council owned before? Or a comms cock up.
                                                    Last edited by The Mighty Trin; 02-04-2024, 12:46.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X