No announcement yet.

Futbology, the app formerly known as Groundhopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very pleased with this considering 2021 for me started on May 22nd.

At least I was until I saw that Zeb had been to more new grounds than I'd been to matches.

Comment

Third rate Leszno What was the game with most goals played by 2 badgeless clubs

Comment

Not a great matches to goals ratio - but the 15 matches watching my lot don’t help that. However, none were scoreless.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Third rate Leszno What was the game with most goals played by 2 badgeless clubs
          South Sefton Borough 2-4 Heswall (West Cheshire league division 2)

Comment

Countries : The vast majority of matches in England but also multiple Wales matches at home with away games in Italy, Estonia and Czechia. I also managed a couple of local club matches along with the latter.

Most goals : Aylesbury United 8 Brimscombe & Thrupp 0, Chatham Town 4 Sheppey United 4, Walton Casuals 2 Uxbridge 6

Comment

My year didn't start until 8 August - first game since March 2020 - and because of COVID then Christmas ended on 4 December, but still on target for my best season ever.

Matches attended: 29
              Goals: 79
              Grounds visited: 24
              New grounds: 21
              Most visited: Riverside (Middlesbrough), 6 visits
              Most seen team: Middlesbrough, 7 times, 8 if you include the U23s
              Highest score: 5 goals on 5 occasions
              Mode: 1-1 on 8 occasions

Comment

Given the choice I think I'd choose to redact the lockdown hair rather than my name. 57 afternoons/evenings largely well-spent though.

Comment

Who do the blank badges represent AH?

Comment

AFC Bagillt 4-6 CPD Sychdyn in the NE Wales FA Challenge Cup, a remarkable game which the hosts led with little over a minute to go.

I saw Chapel Town in the Hope Valley League 3 Times.

Comment

My reminders today included a game 3 years ago that was the last game I went to with my dad.

It was a memory ambush and now I feel sad.

Comment

Had a bit of a result over the weekend as I managed to pin down details of a game I went to over 50 years ago at Whitby Town. I don't count a game unless I have details, and in particular the date played. So Whitby v South Bank on 27 August 1969 is now on the list.

Comment

Now, this seems like a thread for advice / guidance on an issue:

On 15 November 1979, Newcastle played Manchester City in a testimonial game for goalkeeper Iam (Willie) McFaul. What time was kickoff?

The programme /. teamsheet, which is available to buy on ebay, doesn't show kick-off time.

So, who would know?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                            Now, this seems like a thread for advice / guidance on an issue:

On 15 November 1979, Newcastle played Manchester City in a testimonial game for goalkeeper Iam (Willie) McFaul. What time was kickoff?

The programme /. teamsheet, which is available to buy on ebay, doesn't show kick-off time.

So, who would know?
                            Just checked the 1979 calendar and the match was on a Thursday, so obviously would have been an evening game rather than an afternoon one. Probably 7.30 pm but does it really matter if it was 15 minutes earlier or later than that? If you really need to know, go to the British Newspaper Archive which is free to register on and to view and look at the Newcastle newspapers on it.

Comment

Newspaper archive search?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                Newspaper archive search?
                                Google is your friend.

Comment

I've known exhibition type games take place during the daytime. I'll have a look at the newspaper archive, thanks for the tip. 15 November was my typo, it was 13, the Tuesday.

Quick search suggests it was for sure an evening game, with a 7:30 kick-off. Thanks again everyone.
                                  Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 24-01-2022, 11:52.

Comment

Comment

I noticed last night that there's now badges available for the three winners of the Ballon d'Or Feminin. Although two of them could be a bit challenging to get as they're in early July.

Comment

Comment

If you feel your app use just isn't enough involvement with Futbology, you can now get a t-shirt...

https://twitter.com/FutbologyApp/status/1489351399599185928?t=Tg9VkdAfHMf46ocf91MtJw&s=19

Comment

Has anyone else managed to get a double Balon d'Or badge?

This one tonight duplicates my first ever Balon d'Or badge from 8th Feb 2020 (Brentford v Middlesbrough). It was a bit of a surprise to realise this has been going for two years.

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Comment

No but I got my first feminin one a couple of days ago.

Comment

Me neither. Last night was though a repeat of my first ever non league game 9 years ago and but for Abbey Hey getting a last minute consolation would have been the same scoreline too.

Comment

I've also got the double Stoichkov, for games at Atherstone and Skelmersdale. I've previously doubled up for Figo (Darwen, Blackburn Ladies).

Comment

Not a single Figo for me, I'm afraid.

I've got 22 out of the 49 currently available. I'd imagine you're probably close to completing it!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X