No announcement yet.

Futbology, the app formerly known as Groundhopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mo Sarah??? Given my propensity for dating Sarahs, I'm checking whether he's on my list of exes.

Comment

Fucking spellcheck, I'd already corrected it from Mo Salad too!

Comment

Mo Salad the vegan woke footballer sounds like a Viz character

Comment

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the developers of the app appear to be using the lockdown for lots of tweaks. The season/annual summary is now more interactive, if you press some of the categories you get more detail including a map of your season's/year's grounds.

The 'On this day' section today has me at France's victory over Spain in the round of 16 of the 2006 World Cup at Hannover's ground. Coincidentally, four years ago today I was watching Spain get knocked out at the same stage of Euro 2016 by Italy at the Stade de France.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-06-2020, 23:26.

Comment

I've also got the Spain 1-3 France match from 2006, which makes a nice change from the Milwaukee Rampage/Wave United games without a picture from the last few days.

Comment

I look forward to the On This Day feature every morning but I haven't been to a match on as many days in June as I'd thought.

Today was a good one, though - Venezuela v Argentina in last year's Copa America. However, it was rather depressing to be reminded that a whole year has passed since then.

Comment

Today gave me a recent reminder of a visit to the Europa league qualifier between Cefn Druids and FK Riteriai - except they weren't called that when I went to the game, they were FK Trakai. Given that this season is still dribbling on in many places, it was a bit of a shock to be reminded that I'm usually just starting the new one.

Comment

The last two days I've had European ties for a TNS - a defeat to Europa yesterday and a win over Tre Penne today. I had a run earlier in the month that was mostly made up of matches from the European Women's Championship of 2005 before going to my usual summer fayre of games in the Catforth Summer League (minus a few blank days where the matches I've been to on those dates have been at grounds it doesn't recognise)

Comment

You can always add the grounds in.

Comment

I've added most of the grounds in but some come back with a message saying something along the lines that they don't believe it appears to be a proper ground. Which is a pretty accurate description of Treales Village Fields.

Comment

Just confirming that any 19/20 season games seen post July 1 go down as 20/21 on the app, based on the two Polish ones I've seen this weekend.

It seems wrong but is understandable, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Just confirming that any 19/20 season games seen post July 1 go down as 20/21 on the app, based on the two Polish ones I've seen this weekend.

It seems wrong but is understandable, I suppose.
                          Yeah, that's how it works, had a Europa League qualifier last season added to the previous season as it was played in June.

Comment

Oh yes, I'm aware of the need to draw a line somewhere and for that line to be July 1 in a normal season.

However, when not a single match has been played in the 20/21 season anywhere in the world yet (or am I wrong? MLS I suppose but they are always out of kilter) then it would seem sensible to set a different later date in the app for the switch.

I'm not that bothered, to be honest. Although this weekend's two games would have least taken me to fifty matches for the vastly truncated season.
                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-07-2020, 08:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin the happy pig View Post

Yeah, that's how it works, had a Europa League qualifier last season added to the previous season as it was played in June.
                              I queried this with the app producers after that game. (It was nice to meet you there Merlin!) The 1 July cut off is fixed. It would mess up any league playing summer football, which I presume is why they do the calendar league year totals as well.

Comment

A potentially dim question about the app, newly announced fixtures appear on the main page as "Fixtures added" but then where do they go? Where would I look if I wanted to find all the fixtures for the season or a specific date in, saythe Austrian Bundesliga? Do I have to go through every club one by one in the leagues section or is there one list?

A supplementary question that may have been addressed on other threads but I can't recall - what is the best source of information on which counties are now allowing crowds in to football/sport?

Comment

https://www.europlan-online.de/corona-uebersicht.html

Comment

Thanks TRL, exactly what I needed!

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                      So, raking a look at that, Berlin seems to be the place to base oneself for the maximum number of games, them all being lower league friendlies?

Comment

Real flashback time for me today - went to this with my City season ticket holding landlord, got a (temporary?) membership from a portakabin in the car park, paid on the gate and went into the Kippax.

When we got home we surprised two smackheads who'd smashed the front door in and were in the process of rifling through the bedrooms - they legged it out the back door as we arrived at the front - cunts.

Comment

I wish my daily Groundhopper flashbacks brought back some clear memories, even if this one wasn't a very happy one for you, TrL.

My most common reaction is that I have no recollection whatsoever of having attended the match, even though I was quite careful when I entered them and didn't do so without some sort of match programme or ticket stub evidence.

Comment

How do you upload photos to the app?

Comment

Just press the camera icon in the bottom right corner of one of your matches, as per below ;

Comment

Ah, thanks RdG. Hadn't realised you had to do it on a match specific basis.

Comment

Delayed a few months (and then I had hoped to gerrymander it so Plough Lane was my 300th) but my triple century is up :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-09-2020, 23:14.

Comment

Congrats Ray

Comment

Working...
                                                    X