No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive stuff from Phil Jagielka - one foul that was worthy of a red card twice over!
    The ref has said the sending off was for DOGSO. And that is a fair assessment, as Jagielka had given the ball away and was the last man when he clattered the forward. But it could also have been given for serious foul play via excessive force (which was what the TV assumed) seeing as it was a straight-legged studs-up on to the ankle of the opponent's planted leg sort of challenge. In fact Jagielka and Everton are lucky the ref has seen it as the former and not the latter, as I think that means a one-match ban as opposed to a three-match one.

Comment

I would love it if Everton went down. Not going to happen but I can dream.

Comment

First MOTD of the season. Cardiff will struggle this year based on how much space they gave Bournemouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          I would love it if Everton went down. Not going to happen but I can dream.
          This.

Comment

I assume Trippier will push Aurier out of Spurs’ backline at the earliest opportunity. Other than the excellent cross for Alli’s goal, Aurier’s game seemed to consist of giving away possession and fouling people.

I realise that’s a big plus against the minuses but Trippier will do crosses anyway.

Comment

It's that man, again!

Comment

West Ham are not going to win the World Cup this season

Comment

Sturridge scores with his first touch after coming on as a sub. West Ham have made this a lot easier than it otherwise should have been.

Comment

If liverpool replace milner with Fabinho, and bring back matip to partner van dijk and push gomez over to left back, Liverpool will have gone from a team with only one black first team player, to being a team with one white first team player in about five years. It's disgusting the way they are betraying brexit like that.

Comment

Heh.

Comment

And as for all of this bowing towards the south east corner of the stadium, whatever happened to an old fashioned crossing yourself?

Comment

What an odd thing couple of things to pick up on

Comment

Erm.

Comment

I’m not sure about those pink ‘Visit Rwanda’ armbands on the Arsenal kit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                If liverpool replace milner with Fabinho, and bring back matip to partner van dijk and push gomez over to left back, Liverpool will have gone from a team with only one black first team player, to being a team with one white first team player in about five years. It's disgusting the way they are betraying brexit like that.
                                Milner will be replaced when they take him out of Anfield in a box.

Comment

I've got a lot of time for James "Charisma" Milner. Yeah, yeah, old tropes about hard work and passion, etc. but the guy puts in the yards and does all the ugly shit that no-one else wants to do (or Henderson can't).

Seems like a decent guy, too.

Comment

Henderson hurts my teeth. Midfield seemed a load more shitty when he came on.

Comment

I’d love to see Fabinho force Henderson out the team long term.

Comment

Absolutely nothing Milner has done in his career has stuck with me since he was the youngest PL* goalscorer, surpassing Wayne Rooney’s record set a few months prior.

* Please note - football did not begin in 1992.
                                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-08-2018, 20:49.

Comment

It amuses me that Milner was voted PFA Young Player of the Year 7 and a half years after scoring that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                            I've got a lot of time for James "Charisma" Milner. Yeah, yeah, old tropes about hard work and passion, etc. but the guy puts in the yards and does all the ugly shit that no-one else wants to do (or Henderson can't).

Seems like a decent guy, too.
                                            Have you ever watched any of his youtube videos? They're quite deftly done, and He's pretty funny in an understated way.

Comment

I have. He's very droll in the way that Northerners often are. He reminds me a lot of Gary Neville and Paul Scholes - been there, done it (although to a lesser extent), not going to shout about it.

Comment

Was Cech at fault on the first Man City goal? The rest of the defence was, naturally.

Comment

Sterling's shot went around the defender so by the time he saw it, it was almost past him.

Bad defending, rather than bad keeping.

Comment

There was an element of same old Arsenal to that performance, which I guess is hardly surprising at this stage. Silva was allowed the freedom of Islington for the second goal as well, at a stage when City's lead was looking slightly shaky for the first time.

I was fairly impressed by Guendouzi though, he seemed to bring an element of energy to midfield that they've needed for some years.
                                                    Last edited by SouthdownRebel; 13-08-2018, 09:35.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X