No announcement yet.

Leicester than zero? - Premier League 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not according to the referee in the BT studio.

Comment

Ex ref.

great equaliser from Lacazette. 8 minutes left plus time added on

Comment

Well he wouldn't be the first person to be wrong on BT sport. Mane is definitely behind the last defender when the ball is played, and though firmino ultimately gets the ball, he definitely is active. It doesn't really matter ultimately.

How did Salah get that cross to mane to bend back like that? unfortunately for him defying physics wasn't quite enough.

Toby, I've long ago come to the conclusion that as long as you wait until a split second after the striker shoots, you can basically use a fucking chainsaw. Call it the Battiston rule. it doesn't matter if it's a keeper's shoulder, or a leg snapping lunge from a centre half.

Comment

Is that the number 1 choice goalkeeper for Arsenal?

I mean, what the fuck?

Comment

Haven't seen that in a while. Free-kick for Liverpool by a foul from Ozil for tripping (ducking).

Comment

That was fair enough.

Comment

Spurs have been shite, and are 2 up. Deservedly, because Wolves had a good 5 minutes, and are now just nowhere.

Comment

Overuse of the phrase "harrowing week" in the motd highlights of Cardiff v Leicester. It's as if we didn't know what happened last week and had to be told how to feel about it. Repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    Good following up by milner for the goal.
                    Milner's a proper pro isn't he?

Comment

I get what you're going for there, and in English football culture that is the word that is used to describe players like this, but the thing that makes me uncomfortable is that it attributes a mental ability to a personality trait. For instance, I bet there isn't any more dedicated professional in the game than Jordan Henderson, but Milner is good at all the things that Jordan Henderson isn't.

He's just a player with a very good systematic understanding of what's going on around him (he reads the game very well) and has a clear idea of what he should be doing, and does it. The problem for players like this in English football, is that unless you're surrounded by similar players, playing in a organized system of play, you're kind of useless, and people don't see the point of you, unless you can also do goals, or assists. (Think Javier mascherano at West ham) So for players like Milner, the more teammates he has around him who are similar to him in this respect, and the more sophisticated the instructions, the better he will perform. The problem for him has been that he had to wait until he was nearly 30 to find a manager with a plan for what to do when the team has the ball, and what to do when the team doesn't have the ball.

I ultimately that goal yesterday was simply a case of him going "I'm the furthest forward midfielder in this situation, so it's my job to back up the forwards, keep the distances as short as possible, and occupy that space on the edge of the box in case the ball comes my way. Oh look here it is, this is going to be easy."

Comment

Will 7.45pm Saturday kick-offs become a regular occurence?

Comment

Hope so. They're great. Assuming that the away fans can get home easily.

Comment

Friday night games are better, mind. Leaves you with the full weekend to not have to do football stuff.

Comment

Was there a 7:45pm kick off yesterday then?

Comment

Wolves and Spurs.

Comment

Ah, completely missed that.

Comment

The Saturday night PL fixture is going to become 'a thing' over the next season or so. We have another at Leicester early next month.

Meanwhile, Palace are giving Chelsea something of a game at Stamford Bridge. Unfortunately their unwillingness to support Zaha has seen them waste good attacking possession. And of course the Chelsk then go and score.

Comment

Oh my word, that attempted chip by Morata. Cheered me right up, imagine if he'd done that with the game remotely in the balance

Comment

Hat tip to denis for this one - for Fulham so far this season, the number of different kits they have worn is more than the number of points they have. (Seven and five.)

https://museumofjerseys.com/2018/11/...es-for-fulham/

Comment

Thanks Kevin - just the prod I needed to reply on Twitter!

Comment

It was Srivaddhanaprabha's son who encouraged him to invest in Leicester in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Defensive minded
                                              Am I the only one cynical enough to think Leicester are shitting themselves that the cash flow from Thailand may come to an end?
                                              I'm not sure how reliant they are from cash from thailand. I can't imagine that they would have needed much once they had made it to the PL.

Comment

Wow. Fulham have a goal (possibly wrongly, it was very tight indeed) disallowed for offside and around 10 seconds later Salah has the ball in the net at the other end of the field.

Pretty scrappy so far, in truth, and if Fulham had their shooting boots on they could have already been 2 or 3 up.

Comment

Chambers' 2 footed attempted leg breaker was pretty unpleasant. Got away with only a yellow, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Defensive minded
                                                    Am I the only one cynical enough to think Leicester are shitting themselves that the cash flow from Thailand may come to an end?
                                                    Yes. Certainly no City fans are. Debts paid off and a return to the PL with all its attendant riches were the main aims. Despite the title we don't spend exorbitantly, at least not in PL terms that is, and so long as the club continues in mid table obscurity, there won't be any financial woes.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X